Windows 10: PLEASE HELP I just need to know where to look to find my WINDOWS 7 LICENSE IN MY NOTEBOOK .....

Discus and support PLEASE HELP I just need to know where to look to find my WINDOWS 7 LICENSE IN MY NOTEBOOK ..... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a request to help find where in my notebook I find the damn license number so I can update to windows 10 I ALREADY HAVE THE LINK TO THE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gmt3010, Jan 14, 2020.

1. gmt3010 Win User

PLEASE HELP I just need to know where to look to find my WINDOWS 7 LICENSE IN MY NOTEBOOK .....

This is a request to help find where in my notebook I find the damn license number so I can update to windows 10

I ALREADY HAVE THE LINK TO THE SITE. I GOT THAT YESTERDAY. I KNOW WHERE THAT IS, OKAY?

but I bought this notebook with windows 7 pro, and all i can find hunting around the damn programs list is that i'm running windows 7 , NO KIDDING.

I just want to do the upgrade, that's it. I hoped it would be as painless as possible but of course I don't think Windows wants that it has to be a ****.

I don't want or need a clean install just a trauma free upgrade so i can keep a reasonable degree of security on my notebook. I can't afford a new notebook now, but I paid for this windows 7 pro 64 bit and ought to be able to upgrade as I ahve seen so many others,a nd I don't understand why any person can ask a question that is clear and yet get N O ANSWER BUT A LINK TO WHAT IS NOT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. my question is: where do i find the license number, that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG NUMBER YOU NEED TO IMPUT TO UPGRADE, BECAUSE THE LINK I HAVE IT MOST DEFINITELY ASKS FO THE NUMBER AND I'VE SEEN IT SOMEWHERE BEFORE IN MY NOTEBOOK BUT HONESTLY, I DON'T POKE AROUND I JUST USE IT.

I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE COULD JJUST ANSWER MY QUESTION. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE GET DISGUSTED WITH WINDOWS, PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS OR PUT UP WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTION AND THEN GET ARROGANT AT THAT.

:)

gmt3010, Jan 14, 2020

2. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 14, 2020
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

PLEASE HELP I just need to know where to look to find my WINDOWS 7 LICENSE IN MY NOTEBOOK .....

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. PLEASE HELP I just need to know where to look to find my WINDOWS 7 LICENSE IN MY NOTEBOOK ..... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP need

2. Where can I find my license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find my license key?: I just bought a Microsoft Windows 11 Home version download from the Microsoft website.I got the confirmation email about my purchase, but there's no activation key in it, nor a link where I can find it.The link in my email only brings me to my previous orders on my Microsoft...
  3. Where can I find my license key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find my license key?: I just bought a Microsoft Windows 11 Home version download from the Microsoft website.I got the confirmation email about my purchase, but there's no activation key in it, nor a link where I can find it.The link in my email only brings me to my previous orders on my Microsoft...
  4. Where do i find my windows license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where do i find my windows license?: Hi, i have been asked to help fix an 3 year old Dell desktop that is out of warranty. I would like to reinstall windows 10 pro and start fresh but have no idea where to look for the license key. What is the best approach while i still have access to the currently...
  5. Where can i find my license info?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can i find my license info?: May have to do a reinstall as i get new hardware next week. Aparently it ties to my email? biut i cannot for the life of me find out where that is. Thanks submitted by /u/ricflairandy [link] [comments]...
  6. HELP PLEASE MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER I CAN'T FIND MY POINTER I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT SO...

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP PLEASE MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER I CAN'T FIND MY POINTER I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT SO...: PLEASE HELP OR I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP AND I HAVE TO FINISH ALL MY WORK AND I NEED MY POINTER TO TAP ON THINGS HOW I GOT HERE WAS ON MY BROTERS COMPUTER PLEASE HELP SOON :[...
  7. HELP PLEASE MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER I CAN'T FIND MY POINTER I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT SO...

HELP PLEASE MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER I CAN'T FIND MY POINTER I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT SO...: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-my-windows-10-computer-i-cant-find-my/c2d52c5a-4126-492e-929b-d2033bdcd9f7
  8. HELP PLEASE MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER I CAN'T FIND MY POINTER I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT SO...

HELP PLEASE MY WINDOWS 10 COMPUTER I CAN'T FIND MY POINTER I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT WENT SO...: PLEASE HELP ME WITH WHAT I SAID AT THE TOP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-my-windows-10-computer-i-cant-find-my/1326eeba-04e2-456a-bd6f-fcd5a6404002
  9. Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Help Finding My Windows 10 License I purchased online: None of the recovery discs I have work to restore or recover. My friend currently has my self built gaming PC at his house and needs the key to re install windows. I can't find it anywhere online. I formatted all the hard drives after getting a black screen. There was a...
  10. I don't know where to look please help me Sysprep problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't know where to look please help me Sysprep problem: Hi Guys, first of all what a wonderful site i'm glad to able to join this forum and hopefully learn allot of you guys. I hope you can help me with the following problem: I'm creating a image for school project using ADK and sysprep also using the DISM command line to...