Windows 10: please help, I MESSED UP (system folders)

Discus and support please help, I MESSED UP (system folders) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I tried to move the system folders to my bigger ssd ("Laufwerk E"). I followed the instructions on this side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rascarlxo, Oct 21, 2020.

1. please help, I MESSED UP (system folders)

please help, I MESSED UP (system folders) KTcfSruxOL9Y5mhe5idRLTFmQaIMGX_qmNsT9kkvjEo.jpg

I tried to move the system folders to my bigger ssd ("Laufwerk E").

I followed the instructions on this side https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...l-data-folders-in-windows-vista-the-easy-way/

so i started with "3d objects" and now it seems like i converted the folder to a copy(or link?) of my "Laufwerk E"

https://preview.redd.it/8cf98rcgkfu...bp&s=5ffc6e554b7d8485b7ec88e5c5a442569ca877b3

when i try to restore default in properties this comes up

https://preview.redd.it/8j70s2ymlfu...bp&s=513f4fb1b22e8b6b4bd1fe5cf0d87813a50ddffe

i dont know how to solve this, thanks in advance!

p.s. sorry for my english, mein deutsch ist besser!

submitted by /u/rascarlxo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rascarlxo, Oct 21, 2020

2. Help with messed up "download system folder"

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand that you are facing the issue regarding document folder which have download files and you are unable to rename it.

Please provide the following information:

• What exactly you mean by "accidentally redirected (or merged?) my "download" system folder with my "Document" system folder..."?

• Are you getting the files in document folder whatever you download?

Please provide the screenshot of the download folder and document folder.

Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Shubham Chaubey, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 21, 2020
  4. please help, I MESSED UP (system folders)

HELP. SURFACE 3 IS MESSING UP

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

• Which game are you referring to?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    I would suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally and check if this helps in resolving the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

Kindly get back to us with the status to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

please help, I MESSED UP (system folders)

1. please help, I MESSED UP (system folders) - Similar Threads - please help MESSED

2. I messed up. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  3. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  4. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  5. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

Please Help Display Is Messed Up: I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was...
  6. Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help)

Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help): [ATTACH] Has anyone had where the dropdown (to print, find, etc) is showing up above the screen when you click it and the browser (I am using Chrome) is maximized. This is what it looks like:...
  7. I messed up all the services - please help

I messed up all the services - please help: So this afternoon I was messing around with my dell win10 laptop, and using task manager to close all the tasks I thought I didn't need. However, this caused a couple of problems: My audio was gone Internet (network status and probably more) has disappeared Microsoft Teams...
  8. Latest updates completely messed up my system. Please help!

Latest updates completely messed up my system. Please help!: After installing KB4551762 and KB4540673, my system has gone to thrash. Extremely slow and takes ages to get past the Welcome screen. After spending hours trying to login, I somehow managed to uninstall both the updates, rebooted, disabled and re-enabled HyperV but my system...
  9. Default screenshot folder messed up! Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Default screenshot folder messed up! Help!: Hello there guys, I'm running Windows 10 Home. I changed my default screenshot folder from OneDrive>Pictures to my desktop. Now when ever I take screenshots, they are directly saved onto my desktop instead of a "screenshots" folder on my desktop. The only way I can think...
  10. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Messed up Bios settings. Please help: I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down. Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows...