Windows 10: PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been having a significant number of problems with my network and computer which I think is compromised from an advanced form of malware. I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tristan Uzumaki, Sep 18, 2018.

1. PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND...

I have been having a significant number of problems with my network and computer which I think is compromised from an advanced form of malware. I have a gigabit Internet connection and have been lagging(WHICH I SHOULDNT BE HAVE A DOCSIS 3.1 WITH A NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK) and go to check the router logs and see many suspicious "LAN access from remote" which coincides with the lagginess of the connection.

PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND... 8bd05e21-52de-4969-a538-e41255b4814b?upload=true.png

This is what got me even looking into whats going on with my network and computer.

After that I started to see what is looking suspicious on my desktop.

First of all I always see this process Microsoft.Photos.exe literally hogging up the entire cpu usage

I didnt think much of it clicked its file location then I tried to delete and that when I find out I CANNOT delete it as I need permission from SYSTEM.

PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND... 155fe544-56b4-4d20-b21d-cea0d54cc809?upload=true.png

I am the owner of the pc i should be able to delete any file

I then click the properties and see multiple unknown users and that my own user wasnt set with full control

PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND... 1cb9906d-6c25-4e40-b600-53c034d4df9b?upload=true.png

PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND... d90e0093-4de2-4992-b700-c5849de6f73e?upload=true.png

Another red flag is that I try to click auto update and it never stays clicked and auto unclicks

I then do a clean install format the 2 hardrives in my computer and install windows

All of the above then continues re happen!

My main account has no full control and I cant change or delete certain things as I think I have an advanced form of malware on my computer!

I have the home edition of windows yet I feel as if someone is hacking or infected my network with a group policy hack

I dont even have group policy yet it keeps saying there is one or showing multiple accounts even after a clean install!

Please I need help by Professionals I think this might be a horrible malware infection that survives clean installs

Now my second hard drive isnt showing up either

:)

Tristan Uzumaki, Sep 18, 2018
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Shnxxx Win User
    [HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus

I just have some few questions.

• So I need to back up all my files in other partition because I should delete all partitions and make it as one?
    • Is it good if I back them up on a cloud so I can assure that there will be no virus? (If you guys know some free and good cloud services what is it? I prefer huge capacity cloud *Biggrin )
    • Does my pre-installed Norton will be retrieved? because this is PC is bundled with licensed norton.
    • And lastly, what if the installation asks for Product license key? I bought this PC in a huge flat box package with charge inside some manuals with free bag, and I don't seem to see a license key of it. They said it is already a lifetime license. :3

Shnxxx, Sep 18, 2018
  4. PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND...

steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND...

1. PLEASE HELP I THINK MALWARE IS SURVIVING CLEAN INSTALLS AND MAYBE INFECTED NETWORK AND... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP MALWARE

2. malware survives on $SysReset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware survives on $SysReset: Hi. I was recently infected by a Trojan detected as "Win32:Trojan.Sonbokli.A!cl" at 1:50 am APROX, I tried removing it with Windows Defender but it was useless, it was still active. So I reset the PC and reinstalled Windows finished at 6 am. To my surprise, in the "$SysReset"...
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  5. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC maybe infected by a malware??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC maybe infected by a malware??: Hey everyone,i recently started noticing these two unnamed apps running in the background and that resulting in my apps freezing and crashing multiple times.. Whenever i "end task" them they show up automatically after sometime and crashes my apps again, there are 2 in this...
  7. Malware infection

Malware infection: My laptop got infected with malware win-10 after using anti-malware I deleted some programme now a msg is popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-infection/b87a988d-00df-4403-9be2-2afdd9d9f889
  8. I think i have malware help

I think i have malware help: I added extension to google chrome i it wirked fine for weeks after a while it detect a malware i deleted the extension but when i run my pc it take 100 cpu and there is no app is running is this a virus...
  9. Help cleaning infected PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help cleaning infected PC: Hi I have a used PC running Windows 10 there is a chromium app that I am unable to uninstall from the control panel as well as other pop ups... there is AVG antivirus installed on it but I don't have the money to subscribe to it to actually use it... any free software's I can...
  10. [HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus

[HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus: I have a newly bought laptop, an Acer Aspire E 15. What that lead me to think that I'm infected is because when I tried to visit my Windows folder (because I was searching for 'SystemApps' folder to disable Cortana) I saw random weird files with random names and all of the...