Windows 10: Please help! I tried to factory reset my computer by saving all the files on a USB and then...

Discus and support Please help! I tried to factory reset my computer by saving all the files on a USB and then... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Daryyaaa [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Daryyaaa, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Please help! I tried to factory reset my computer by saving all the files on a USB and then...

/u/Daryyaaa, Feb 22, 2020

2. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Feb 22, 2020
  3. PC is stuck on boot screen. How do I save my files and then rest my pc to factory settings?

Hi NyJam22,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Please follow these steps to save the files on the PC before you reset the PC to Factory Settings:

1. From Advanced Options from the Automatic Repair screen that you see, go to Command Prompt and type ‘notepad.exe’.
    2. From the Notepad window, press File and open to locate the files that you want to copy to the USB.
    3. Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Now copy the files and folders that you want to save and paste it in a new folder on the USB drive. Please repeat the file saving steps as needed to save all the desired files.
    Once this is done you can now proceed with the Reset of the PC to Factory Settings.

Please reply to us with the results to help you further,

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 22, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Please help! I tried to factory reset my computer by saving all the files on a USB and then...

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Please help! I tried to factory reset my computer by saving all the files on a USB and then...

1. Please help! I tried to factory reset my computer by saving all the files on a USB and then... - Similar Threads - Please help tried

2. Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.: Computer will not start up after factory reset. Windows installation will not complete and each attempt to hard boot to restart has failed. Windows safe mode is not populating and I'm stuck in a loop with the "Install Windows" box not clearing. What can I try now? I've read...
  3. Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.: Computer will not start up after factory reset. Windows installation will not complete and each attempt to hard boot to restart has failed. Windows safe mode is not populating and I'm stuck in a loop with the "Install Windows" box not clearing. What can I try now? I've read...
  4. Computer will not startup after factory reset. Tried all suggestions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Factory reset goes wrong? Please help

Factory reset goes wrong? Please help: Hello all! I decided to full factory reset my PC today and it didn't end as planned. I saved a few personal files, but ultimately wanted a clean slate. When I log into my username which is still there for some reason it tells me the user isn't found. I tried to troubleshoot...
  6. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.: I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to start. While i was waiting, i grabbed a paper towel and started to clean the dust in my keyboard, like i always do. I don't know...
  7. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.: I lost all of my files. Today, i started up my computer. I remember i was in the login screen. I entered my password and waited for my computer to start. While i was waiting, i grabbed a paper towel and started to clean the dust in my keyboard, like i always do. I don't know...
  8. I need urgent help. My computer reseted all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. I cannot complete a factory reset on my laptop. Please help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot complete a factory reset on my laptop. Please help?: I was trying to perform a factory reset on my hp laptop, and everything was initially going well. I selected "remove everything", "just remove my files" and clicked reset to initiate the reset and went to get some coffee. I came back 2 minutes later to find my sign in screen...
  10. Tried to reset my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to reset my laptop. Please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pyronode [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efxn0w/tried_to_reset_my_laptop_please_help/