Windows 10: Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way...

Discus and support Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried everything even messing with regedit settings and restarting my computer, I need notepad to stop being my default program for .ui files but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by x5UQ, Jul 26, 2020.

1. x5UQ Win User

Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way...

I've tried everything even messing with regedit settings and restarting my computer, I need notepad to stop being my default program for .ui files but nothing is working.

:)

2. dig_dude Win User

I accidentally changed my .csv/.exe files to open with Notepad. Other forum posts and answers aren't helping. Windows 10.

I was trying to open a .csv file and accidentally selected that I wanted to make Notepad my default program for opening similar files. Soon after all of my thumbnails for programs on my desktop turned to Notepad and no .exe files would run. I reset my
    default apps in settings and tried to change by file. .Exe isn't in the list of available changes and it won't let me change .csv to anything besides Notepad or Wordpad. I've seen other similar posts that have been fixed by selecting a file and trying something
    with the "Open with" option but that does not appear for me.

Any help to solve this problem for Windows 10 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dig_dude, Jul 26, 2020
  3. .exe files opening in notepad

Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks.

CooperMcKinstry, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way...

Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way...

1. Please help, I'm trying to open a .ui file and I accidentally made notepad the default way... - Similar Threads - Please help I'm

2. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  3. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.: I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files, but when i went to change it by using "Choose default apps by file type" in the settings, i only got two options: Notepad which i do not want, or search in the Microsoft Store which has nothing that helps. I...
  4. I accidentally made it so that notepad always opens for .frag files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please Help, made a beginner mistake, accidentally deleted the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please Help, made a beginner mistake, accidentally deleted the recovery partition: Hi Hope someone here can help I made a beginners mistake, I accidentally deleted the recovery partition of the C drive, where of course windows 10 is housed. I was hoping there was a way to restore it without the need to re-install windows all over again. [ATTACH]...
  6. Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help. File explorer won't open in any way.: It doesn't open from any source (task bar, desktop icon, or even from open downloads folder from browser). By clicking on the icon, the screen blinks then nothing happens. I tried restarting the laptop, retarting windows explorer from the task manager, and also tried the...
  7. PLEASE HELP I accidentally set my rpf file to open with Text editor/Notepad

PLEASE HELP I accidentally set my rpf file to open with Text editor/Notepad: I've seen a lot of people in the same situation, but they are getting the wrong type of help. I need someone to tell me step by step how to remove it from being the app that opens my file. I don't want to open it with another file I want it to be a regular non-openable file....
  8. Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally made SFML lib files default to open with notepad (windows 10): Hey everyone, So I was trying to get SFML to work with Visual Studio and I accidentally opened all the files in the "lib" folder with notepad. Is there any way to change this back? I'm not sure if it actually affects anything or not. submitted by /u/Lombadd [link]...
  9. Self made file in Notepad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self made file in Notepad.: Greetings, I just noticed in my Documents list a file called "Duplicate Files". I didn't make that file and I'm the only one who uses this Laptop computer. I opened the file and that's when I found that approximately 300 duplicate files were saved in Notepad. Why Notepad and...
  10. Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default

Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default: Hi ! Strange problem I have... I used to always open .srt files (mainly movie subtitles) with the notepad, but I installed a new application (a media player called PotPlayer). It became the default application for .srt files, but I just can't make the notepad to be the...