Windows 10: Please help in stopping sudden unexpected shutdowns

Discus and support Please help in stopping sudden unexpected shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc has been unexpectedly shutting down when it is in sleep mode and I need help finding the cause. According to the "Event Viewer", they all have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ordinal-7, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Ordinal-7 Win User

Please help in stopping sudden unexpected shutdowns

My pc has been unexpectedly shutting down when it is in sleep mode and I need help finding the cause.

According to the "Event Viewer", they all have the same keyword code of "0x80000000000000", an event code of "6008" with a qualifier of "32768" and it is at level 2.

This all happens in sleep mode so I don't know how to resolve the constant unexpected shut downs.

Please help me in resolving this issue. Thanks in advance!

:)

Ordinal-7, Apr 3, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Please help in stopping sudden unexpected shutdowns

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

I had the memory running at 1866 when i first build the computer, the reason i changed it back to the MB default was that windows was reporting the RAM only running at 1333 even though i had changed it to 1866 in the BIOS. When i started to get these unexpected shutdowns i had though it might be related, but its not. I just haven't changed it back...Anyway i get the shutdowns when its at 1866 so thats not the issue. I dont have any other sticks to test. The kit is 2 sticks of 8GB.

Never this issue started 2 days after i built the computer.

There are no bare wires in the case. My house doesn't have a lot of static charge, ive had this PC at my parents house as well and still experienced the shutdowns. I guess its also worth noting the PC is up on my desk.

The PC just all of sudden shuts down, Complete black screen..not warning from windows, no BSOD. When i start the PC back up i dont see any windows recovery or anything like that, just starts up completely normal.

Thermals are normal when it shuts down aswell as when gaming. I'm going to run some of the tests mentioned above tonight so i can maybe give more detail then. I just experienced a shutdown as i was typing this...PC was not running hot and did not have high usage.

Thanks everyone for the help, unfortunately i don't have time to run the tests mentioned above. I will unplug all external devices as mentioned above when im not using the PC to see if that helps. NOTE: i have tried to unplug the 2TB hard drive to see if it helps...it did not. I will report back with the results of my tests.

-Thanks again

Deridder45, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Please help in stopping sudden unexpected shutdowns

1. Please help in stopping sudden unexpected shutdowns - Similar Threads - Please help stopping

2. Unexpected Shutdowns - Need Help Reading DMP File Please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Shutdowns - Need Help Reading DMP File Please: It seems ever since I installed my Ryzen 5800X3D and/or my RTX 4090 PC upgrades I've been getting random shutdowns. I've attached link to the system dumps. I will mention I do have some programs installed like powertoys, colorcontrol and most recently armourycrate.PC...
  3. Unexpected Shutdowns - Need Help Reading DMP File Please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected Shutdowns - Need Help Reading DMP File Please: It seems ever since I installed my Ryzen 5800X3D and/or my RTX 4090 PC upgrades I've been getting random shutdowns. I've attached link to the system dumps. I will mention I do have some programs installed like powertoys, colorcontrol and most recently armourycrate.PC...
  4. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  5. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  6. Urgent: Windows stopped suddenly! Please help!

Urgent: Windows stopped suddenly! Please help!: I have been using my HP Zbook Studio G5 with Windows 10 Pro 64bit for over 3 years now. Everything was working great as expected until I uninstalled some 3rd party softwares using Revo Uninstaller Pro which I have been using for so many years without any problem. After...
  7. Please help me; Unexpected shutdown

Please help me; Unexpected shutdown: Hi guys, I have a AsusG750JM Running on Windows 10 Home Original OS 8.1 I've been having issues for the past month or so where my computer will randomly shutdown completely. When I go to boot it up the first time after that shutdown it takes me into BIOS. In some...
  8. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  9. Please help. Microphone suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help. Microphone suddenly stopped working.: So I had gaming session of dota2 with my friends last night chatting on discord. Turned off the pc and today when I turned on the pc to play dota 2 again, the mic wasn't working. It had been working well for the past year. Its not a problem with the headset as I tried it in...
  10. Help with Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Unexpected Shutdown: Hi, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell 7720). While running Fallout 4, I encountered sudden power-off for my system. The power button did not turn back on for a couple of minutes and the bottom of the laptop was quite hot. How can I ensure...