Windows 10: Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004

Discus and support Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 2004 OS build 19041.388. I have an Intel Wireless AC-9560 160MHz wireless card. For reasons I don't understand, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iMode12, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004

I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 2004 OS build 19041.388. I have an Intel Wireless AC-9560 160MHz wireless card. For reasons I don't understand, my wireless internet will become horribly slow. Sometimes, the internet connection "cuts out/drops off" for a few moments, than reconnects back to the internet. My internet plan is 100/10 Mbps, however, when I use Google's "speed test", I get much slower speeds than what I should actually be getting, (and sometimes the connection is so bad, it tells me it cannot connect to the server).

Some days this issue does not occur, and other days it does. It's completely random and I don't understand why. I've tried so many things to resolve this that I don't quite remember what I did, but here are the things I do remember:

1. Updated wifi drivers
    2. Uninstalled wifi drivers and restarted computer
    3. Closed the peer to peet update process in settings
    4. Changed the value in the registery in the QoS packet scheduler from 20 to 0.
    5. Disabled firewall
    6. Disabled anti-virus (I just use the standard Windows Defender firewall/anti-virus)
    7. Disabled, than reenabled windows autotuning:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

I'm not sure what else to do, or why this issue occurs at all. I have no issues upgrading my version of windows, but I'm worried it will break something else, as I've had nothing but headaches with windows 10 updates (sometimes always breaks when I update, and I'm fine using 2004).

Can someone please help me? I can't connect my desktop using a LAN connection because of the placement of my computer in the house I'm in, so I can only use wifi.

Thank you for your help!

submitted by /u/iMode12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iMode12, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 incredibly slow boot times.

Hi,

After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my computer suffers from incredibly slow boot times.

It boots to a black screen with white loading circle in the middle, I have timed it and it takes 5 minutes plus to reach the logon screen from the black screen.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem?

Thank you.

KITCHELL_Z, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004

Wifi incredibly slow for some reason.

Hi ... just wondering if you had any luck fixing this slow wifi and the Broadcom card?

Peter

PeterHadikin, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004

1. Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Please Help Incredibly

2. Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones: I have been experiencing issues with my wifi, and every device that isn't a phone gets 20 mbps down and 10 mbps up before was 400 mbps and 300 mbps, while my phone is getting 20x that. All the test were done in the same spot with fully updated drivers, so is there any way to...
  3. Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones: I have been experiencing issues with my wifi, and every device that isn't a phone gets 20 mbps down and 10 mbps up before was 400 mbps and 300 mbps, while my phone is getting 20x that. All the test were done in the same spot with fully updated drivers, so is there any way to...
  4. Incredibly slow PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incredibly slow PC: A couple of weeks ago my PC wasnt able to start due to a problem during booting. I couldnt fix it so instead I decided to do a clean install of windows on my second SSD. I didnt really format that one I just installed windows onto it via stick and troubleshoot. I then...
  5. Incredibly slow PC

Incredibly slow PC: A couple of weeks ago my PC wasnt able to start due to a problem during booting. I couldnt fix it so instead I decided to do a clean install of windows on my second SSD. I didnt really format that one I just installed windows onto it via stick and troubleshoot. I then...
  6. Incredibly slow PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help! Windows Running Incredibly Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Windows Running Incredibly Slow: I am sorry if this doesn't belong here, I am new to this community. Over the past months, I have noticed a considerable decline in my PC's performance. It takes over 10 minutes to restart and get running again, simple tasks like opening a web browser take minutes to do, and...
  8. WiFi issues with Version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi issues with Version 2004: I’ve been having serious WiFi issues ever since I updated, I had some issues before updating but not any near to the extent of the issues that I encounter in the mean time. It just disconnects from the network every couple of minutes, I can still see the name of my network in...
  9. PC incredibly slow.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC incredibly slow.: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) It takes quite a while to boot. I keep most of my files on an external hard drive. Opening a folder and displaying the contents takes ages. What can I do to speed things up (a lot) ? Would it help to keep copies on the external drive...
  10. Store incredible slow

Store incredible slow: I have the following issue, that the download of apps/updates in the Windows Store gets stuck at 0% for about 5-10 minutes, then suddenly starts, sometimes slow sometimes fast, and then it goes to the next download and it again gets stuck for about 10 minutes. This happens on...