Windows 10: Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

Discus and support Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\ in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello when i started my Windows 10 laptop and logged in, my laptop did something ive never seen it do before. The desktop loaded and 3 windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonnaR2, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM.

1. DonnaR2 Win User

Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

Hello when i started my Windows 10 laptop and logged in, my laptop did something ive never seen it do before. The desktop loaded and 3 windows immediately came up on it. Inside the window it was just black no text and they were all “C\Windows\system32” i didnt click anything and after 5 seconds they all closed/disappeared off my screen.

I immediately ran a scan on Malwarebytes and it said 0 threats detected

I restarted my computer 3 times trying to get it to pop up again so I can screenshot it but it only happened that once. And disappeared before I could take a picture.

But im still worried because last night I was on a site called Tinychat and got into a heated arguement with strangers. Should I be worried? What was this window
    and why did it pop up? Thanks

:)

2. CSRSS @ c/i386

Tried Nod32.. no help. Will try kaspersky. Will try Norton Corporate Edition Anti-Virus. thanks for suggestion.

HiddenStupid, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:17 PM
  3. CSRSS @ c/i386

no, I still have doubt..... I am 97% sure it is a virus.

click start... search winsys.exe..... shows winsys folder from c/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32.... open up.... inside see folder called:

- avpr.exe
    here is refference for you to help me get rid of it avpr.exe - avpr, Mydoom.af Worm, Virus Notice!

also remmeber my SDfix log result?:
    Trojan Files Found:

Could Not Remove C:\csrss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\lsasss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\remote.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowz.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsys.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winxp.exe

......this link avpr.exe - avpr, Mydoom.af Worm, Virus Notice! shows that the avpr.exe is related to lsass which is similar like lsasss.exe

also here is some of the file/folder names in the winsys folder:
    - ccsrs.exe
    - CSRSS.EXE
    - CSRSRV.DLL
    - fuck.exe
    - gothica.exe
    - winxp.exe
    - ANTSetup.exe
    - dla.exe
    - LUSRMGR.MSC
    - CMD.EXE

dont some of these look suspicious?

HiddenStupid, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:17 PM
  4. Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

Virus - Please solve me how to deal with this virus

Thanks and i've already tried to delete manually but when i try to do that, it shows blue screen and reboot itself.

Even bitdefender and malware bytes arent able to delete it bcz it's in globalroot.

freebird_9924, Feb 23, 2021 at 4:17 PM
Thema:

Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

1. Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\ - Similar Threads - Please help virus

2. PC keeps crashing and this is showing up, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps crashing and this is showing up, please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrassiusTheCurator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvj0mi/pc_keeps_crashing_and_this_is_showing_up_please/
  3. Virus and Protection not showing up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Protection not showing up.: I have been having many difficulties getting the "Viruses and Protection" list to work. It disappeared a while ago and I would like to get it back. I have tried almost every way and am not sure why this will still not work. The first method was the open "Open Local Group...
  4. No networks are showing up...can anyone help please?

No networks are showing up...can anyone help please?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EpicJohn11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iih269/no_networks_are_showing_upcan_anyone_help_please/
  5. Virus - HELP ME PLEASE!

Virus - HELP ME PLEASE!: Virus - HELP ME PLEASE! Having a very stressful time - so I realised on my dell laptop using alt and tab to switch there were windows open which I couldn’t access that had red blue and yellow flag and was slowing down my pc as they kept re-emerging. I opened up task manger...
  6. Virus / Malware, please help!

Virus / Malware, please help!: Hi, Ive got a virus that persists even after formats, I believe I caught it from my roomate and he recently got his identity stolen, so Im pretty scared. We both seem to have it but his files are older, so Im guessing i got it from him over the local network somehow. I was...
  7. Wifi options not showing up??? Help please.

Wifi options not showing up??? Help please.: So my pc automatically updated Windows yesterday and when I started up my PC today, it wasnt connected to any wifi networks. There are zero wifi networks showing up, and I dont see the option to enable wifi at all on the network settings. Did the update fuck up my connections...
  8. Mouse shows up as keyboard! PLEASE HELP!

Mouse shows up as keyboard! PLEASE HELP!: my Razer naga mouse is shown as a keyboard, so the buttons work but not the cursor. So i can't move the cursor but everything else works. Please I need help! submitted by /u/CarryKongen [link] [comments]...
  9. C++ trouble, please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C++ trouble, please help.: I've been getting a The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect error when trying to boot winrar or steam. I read that I need to uninstall c++, so I did. I downloaded the vcredist_x86 file to update my c++ to fix the issue....
  10. Locky Virus... help please!

Locky Virus... help please!: My computer came down with the Locky Virus this morning. When I googled it a company called Equipe Microfix came up and they said for $500 (for their labor) and 1.2 bitcoin they would fix the problem. I.e. go on the dark web to get a private key and decrypt program and use...