Windows 10: Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

Discus and support Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\ in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello when i started my Windows 10 laptop and logged in, my laptop did something ive never seen it do before. The desktop loaded and 3 windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonnaR2, Feb 23, 2021.

1. DonnaR2 Win User

Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

Hello when i started my Windows 10 laptop and logged in, my laptop did something ive never seen it do before. The desktop loaded and 3 windows immediately came up on it. Inside the window it was just black no text and they were all “C\Windows\system32” i didnt click anything and after 5 seconds they all closed/disappeared off my screen.

I immediately ran a scan on Malwarebytes and it said 0 threats detected

I restarted my computer 3 times trying to get it to pop up again so I can screenshot it but it only happened that once. And disappeared before I could take a picture.

But im still worried because last night I was on a site called Tinychat and got into a heated arguement with strangers. Should I be worried? What was this window
    and why did it pop up? Thanks

:)

DonnaR2, Feb 23, 2021

2. CSRSS @ c/i386

Tried Nod32.. no help. Will try kaspersky. Will try Norton Corporate Edition Anti-Virus. thanks for suggestion.

HiddenStupid, Feb 23, 2021
  3. CSRSS @ c/i386

no, I still have doubt..... I am 97% sure it is a virus.

click start... search winsys.exe..... shows winsys folder from c/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32.... open up.... inside see folder called:

- avpr.exe
    here is refference for you to help me get rid of it avpr.exe - avpr, Mydoom.af Worm, Virus Notice!

also remmeber my SDfix log result?:
    Trojan Files Found:

Could Not Remove C:\csrss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\lsasss.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\remote.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowz.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsys.exe
    Could Not Remove C:\WINDOWS\system32\winxp.exe

......this link avpr.exe - avpr, Mydoom.af Worm, Virus Notice! shows that the avpr.exe is related to lsass which is similar like lsasss.exe

also here is some of the file/folder names in the winsys folder:
    - ccsrs.exe
    - CSRSS.EXE
    - CSRSRV.DLL
    - fuck.exe
    - gothica.exe
    - winxp.exe
    - ANTSetup.exe
    - dla.exe
    - LUSRMGR.MSC
    - CMD.EXE

dont some of these look suspicious?

HiddenStupid, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

Virus - Please solve me how to deal with this virus

Thanks and i've already tried to delete manually but when i try to do that, it shows blue screen and reboot itself.

Even bitdefender and malware bytes arent able to delete it bcz it's in globalroot.

freebird_9924, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\

1. Please help:Is this a virus? Start up showed C:\Windows\system32\ - Similar Threads - Please help virus

2. dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.: I have an ASUS A17 laptop, windows 11. i recently update my bios to version 323 along with a couple of drivers and ever since then i have been getting the dpc watchdog violation everytime i start my laptop. i tried uninstalling the drivers and i did all the solutions listed...
  3. dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.: I have an ASUS A17 laptop, windows 11. i recently update my bios to version 323 along with a couple of drivers and ever since then i have been getting the dpc watchdog violation everytime i start my laptop. i tried uninstalling the drivers and i did all the solutions listed...
  4. please help me with this virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    please help me with this virus: So recently i have been getting a notification on windows defender about it blocking something about 2-3 times a day. So than I installed Malawarebytes and got rid of most of the stuff but theres this one thing that keeps re appearing.I have no idea how i got it and theres...
  5. Virus or No? Help please :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or No? Help please :: Hello! This keeps popping up on my screen. I thought it was a virus but I ran a scan on McAfee and it said I was virus free. Help is appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-or-no-help-please/43c81a66-9874-45b6-bd2f-74ba2636e29d
  6. Potential ViRuS please help

Potential ViRuS please help: I let a roommate use my computer for about 20 mins because she claimed she had to download an image onto a USB drive. Afterwards my computer was completely slower and I couldn't download any anti virus software and even had trouble accessing certain anti virus websites. I...
  7. VIRUS EVERYWHERE! PLEASE HELP

VIRUS EVERYWHERE! PLEASE HELP: Does anyone know the solution to networking security for my att gateway ? Its getting hacked from source?? Unknown from adroid mobile or through gateway itself what security can i download or plug in ? Its taken control over everything My laptop went missing in shipping and...
  8. Wifi options not showing up??? Help please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi options not showing up??? Help please.: So my pc automatically updated Windows yesterday and when I started up my PC today, it wasnt connected to any wifi networks. There are zero wifi networks showing up, and I dont see the option to enable wifi at all on the network settings. Did the update fuck up my connections...
  9. Mouse shows up as keyboard! PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse shows up as keyboard! PLEASE HELP!: my Razer naga mouse is shown as a keyboard, so the buttons work but not the cursor. So i can't move the cursor but everything else works. Please I need help! submitted by /u/CarryKongen [link] [comments]...
  10. Locky Virus... help please!

Locky Virus... help please!: My computer came down with the Locky Virus this morning. When I googled it a company called Equipe Microfix came up and they said for $500 (for their labor) and 1.2 bitcoin they would fix the problem. I.e. go on the dark web to get a private key and decrypt program and use...