Windows 10: Please help! Is this going to delete my personal files (like videos)?

Discus and support Please help! Is this going to delete my personal files (like videos)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Levente555 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Levente555, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Please help! Is this going to delete my personal files (like videos)?

/u/Levente555, Nov 23, 2019

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Can't delete a video file from my foldier

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try deleting the video file in safe mode and check if it allows you to delete the file. If issue persist, try deleting it after taking full permission of video file. To do so, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.

• Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
        Advance tab.

• Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>

• Owner should also be "SYSTEM"

• Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"

• If not, Add the user you are logged in as.

• All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
        importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"

• Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able
        to save to that folder and all sub-folders

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Please help! Is this going to delete my personal files (like videos)?

Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when deleting/moving a video file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you are trying to delete or move some video files, you get an error, we will look into this for you. However, we would like to know if the issue occurs while deleting/moving any other file.

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Close all background applications

We would suggest you to check if the file that you are trying to delete/move is open in background. If the file is open, close the file and then try deleting/moving it.

Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open
    Task Manager and look for the applications that you are not using while deleting/moving the file. Right click on them and select
    End Task.

Method 2: Turn off File preview in File Explorer

We can try turning off File preview in File Explorer and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Click on View tab.
    4. Now, select the checkbox for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    5. Click on OK.

Method 3: Safe Mode

If Turning off File preview doesn’t help, I would suggest you to boot the computer into Safe Mode and check if you are able to delete/move the file. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Please help! Is this going to delete my personal files (like videos)?

1. Please help! Is this going to delete my personal files (like videos)? - Similar Threads - Please help going

2. Please help! It shows like this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! It shows like this: Please help! It shows like this I don't know what to do. Please look at the photo in this link :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/10klrAJYZFfPFdbMs058mcLFO5peAXGrn/view?usp=drive_link I tried to upload the photo to this but it saying something went wrong so please look at the...
  3. Please help! It shows like this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help! It shows like this: Please help! It shows like this I don't know what to do. Please look at the photo in this link :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/10klrAJYZFfPFdbMs058mcLFO5peAXGrn/view?usp=drive_link I tried to upload the photo to this but it saying something went wrong so please look at the...
  4. Please help! It shows like this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Personal file is deleted or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal file is deleted or not: If i install any update from Microsoft catalog then is data is removed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-file-is-deleted-or-not/d55055cd-4afd-4a5f-a8b5-def568b6d4aa
  6. Personal file is deleted or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal file is deleted or not: If i install any update from Microsoft catalog then is data is removed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-file-is-deleted-or-not/d55055cd-4afd-4a5f-a8b5-def568b6d4aa
  7. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  8. Unable To Delete Files. Please Help

Unable To Delete Files. Please Help: I want Mcafee off my computer but it says theres an error when I try to uninstall it. see pic I tried to delete the folder but it said I needed administrator permission to delete it. I then created an administrator login and logged in under it but it still says I dont have...
  9. help with blocked personal photos and short personal videos

help with blocked personal photos and short personal videos: 01/06/19 I am just an old lady who sends pictures back and forth to friends and relatives of my children and grandchildren. Now all of a sudden my photos are blocked and my short videos can no longer be "saved to" in my file. I'm not even sure what's going on there--to...
  10. please help files deleted!

in Windows 10 Support
    please help files deleted!: i really have done a big mistake,so recently i booted my pc into ubuntu to try it out and selected delete all files and install. There were actually 4 partitions which got deleted and came back into one and i had all pictures,videos and more stuff like that so i thought it...