Windows 10: Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing

Discus and support Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I need some help. I have been trying to access my lacie hard drive for hours but can’t seem to. I just got a new laptop computer , the acer nitro 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigHiiigh, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing

Hi, I need some help. I have been trying to access my lacie hard drive for hours but can’t seem to. I just got a new laptop computer , the acer nitro 5 with windows 10. I bought this lacie external hard drive when I purchased my iMac about a year ago, I had only used this drive with MacOS but never once with windows. Now when I plug the hard drive in my acer nitro 5 it makes a notification type noise indicating the computer is reading it. But when I go on “This Computer” the disk does not show, but it does show on “Device Manager” so I know its reading it. And it also shows on “Disk Manager” but when I right click on the hard drive disk in disk manager every option is greyed out.

Side note: I would rather not format the hard drive without backing it up someway as I have a lot of stuff on there that I need.

Thanks for the help in advance

submitted by /u/BigHiiigh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigHiiigh, Jun 8, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

LaCie Announces Its Fastest Mobile Hard Drive: LaCie Rugged USB 3.0

LaCie announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives – the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0, combining the super speeds of USB 3.0 and LaCie’s award–winning rugged design. The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is one the most power–efficient and fast–performing mobile hard drives offered by LaCie.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 provides speeds up to 110 MB/s – three times the speed of USB 2.0. The speed enhancement allows you to transfer one HD movie in less than 3 minutes (versus more than 8 minutes in USB 2.0). It offers improved power efficiency, so you only need one cable to be assured optimal performance.

Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing 116a_thm.jpg

"We are pleased to add USB 3.0, the fastest interface available, to our most recognized mobile solution," Anne–Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. "Now the most demanding customers can get the best performance out of a 2.5" hard drive – making the Rugged USB 3.0 the only hard drive necessary for work in the field."

If you do not have a USB 3.0 connection on your PC or notebook, you can easily add it with a LaCie USB 3.0 PCIe card or USB 3.0 PCIe Express card. LaCie also offers bundled options with the Rugged USB 3.0 – you choose the card.

The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0. This means it will work with any computer or notebook that has a USB connection – offering instant usability no matter what version of USB.

Housed in the award–winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 features a unique scratch–resistant aluminum shell, internal anti–shock absorbers, and a shock–resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.

For advanced users, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is the only storage solution you need for transferring large digital files on the go, with super fast speeds.

Availability
    The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting at the suggested retail price of $149.99 (VAT included).

Product Highlights
    • Fastest interface on the market, with speeds up to 110 MB/s
    • Rugged design: drop–resistant up to 2.2 meters
    • Complete software bundle for easy formatting and backup
    • 10GB Wuala online storage included for one year

btarunr, Jun 8, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    LaCie Announces Rugged eSATA Drive, Mobile Storage for Fast Data Transfer

LaCie today announced the Rugged eSATA, the first mobile external hard drive on the market that features a Power eSATA interface. The Rugged eSATA offers major storage capacity and a cost advantage over eSATA SSD solutions, and is one of the only portable, bus-powered eSATA solutions on the market.

Bus-powered when connected to a USB-eSATA combo port, the LaCie Rugged eSATA combines superior transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s in a truly mobile form. The USB-eSATA combo interface, also known as Power eSATA, features a slightly different connector than eSATA and is frequently found on late-model laptops. The drive is also compatible with standard eSATA ports when the included USB power-sharing cable is connected.

Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing 58a_thm.jpg

“We are thrilled to integrate power eSATA technology into our best-selling Rugged mobile hard drive,” said Anne-Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. “This solution brings dazzling transfer speeds to customers on the go, while still ensuring compatibility with standard eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors.”

Housed in the award-winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged eSATA features a unique scratch-resistant aluminum shell, internal anti-shock absorbers, and a shock-resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.
    • Power eSATA interface allows you to work faster
    • Rugged casing is ideal for protecting valuable data on the go
    • Up to 90MB/s through Power eSATA
    • Compatible with standard eSATA ports
    Availability
    The LaCie Rugged eSATA will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting at the suggested retail price of $159.99 (VAT included).

btarunr, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Brianlt Win User

Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing

Lacie Harddrive wont show up

Now I also just tried my old Lacie Rugged external hardrive and I also used this for school. Mainly to bring my work from home to school and vice versa. And with it I plugged it into pc's and macs with no problems the Lacie Icon always showed up. But now
    it does the same thing as my Lacie 1tb is doing. Thanks again for the help.

Brianlt, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing

1. Please Help! Lacie Rugged external drive not showing - Similar Threads - Please Help Lacie

2. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  3. Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?: Hello.I brought lacie rugged mini or suhsai rugged mini with 500 GB and when I watch videos after a few seconds/minutes it crashes and the hard drive will pop up on my screen when the video crash. This is the external hard drive I brought in amazon,...
  4. Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i watch videos when i have lacie rugged external hard drive?: Hello.I brought lacie rugged mini or suhsai rugged mini with 500 GB and when I watch videos after a few seconds/minutes it crashes and the hard drive will pop up on my screen when the video crash. This is the external hard drive I brought in amazon,...
  5. External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!: Dear Community please help, New to windows 10 and I have a major issue occurred and I'm not sure how or why it happened. My Seagate external Hard drive Migrated and Drive was reconfigured while no one was using it. Why and How did this happen? needless to say the drive was...
  6. windows 10 not recognize lacie rugged

windows 10 not recognize lacie rugged: By the source this could help https://www.lacie.com/la/es/manuals/rugged/usbc/optional-formatting-partitioning/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognize-lacie-rugged/8b052ee2-bc0c-43b3-859c-83176c3d6e69
  7. LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?

LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?: Hey All, We have bit of a riddle and I thought I would ask here about your thoughts. We have this disk: Rugged Triple USB 3 | LaCie Support US Disk is fine, its cable - although not original one - has been USB 3.0-tested with another SAMSUNG or SEAGATE external disk. We...
  8. LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LACIE Rugged Triple USB 3 recognised as USB 2.0 only - ideas?: Hey All, We have bit of a riddle and I thought I would ask here about your thoughts. We have this disk: Rugged Triple USB 3 | LaCie Support US Disk is fine, its cable - although not original one - has been USB 3.0-tested with another SAMSUNG or SEAGATE external disk. We...
  9. lacie external hard drive

lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  10. Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive: I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd...