Windows 10: Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All I am hoping that somebody might be able to help. I bought my laptop in June so practically a brand new pc, and it worked absolutely fine in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ism, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ISM
    ism Win User

Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10

Hi All

I am hoping that somebody might be able to help. I bought my laptop in June so practically a brand new pc, and it worked absolutely fine in Win 8.1. I upgraded it to Win 10 a couple of days ago and it has since got practically unusable!

Here is a summary of the problems I have had:

-I am getting a quite regular 'Unexpected Store Exception' BSOD. I have had this four times so far in the two days since I upgraded. I have also once had a 'Critical Process Died' BSOD which sounds very ominous and took ages to load up again after but did eventually do so and has not been seen since.

-A number of apps (including the store) just do not open at all. The logo page comes up for a few seconds and then it just disappears completely

-Navigation of everything is painfully slow. Press a button and it might bother doing it in about ten seconds. That is with the start menu, file explorer, within apps, just everything!

-Performance is very variable. Sometimes it seems almost okay with just quite minor lag, and other occasions it does absolutely nothing and makes me want to throw it out of the window - pretty much taking up to five minutes to perform the most basic task such as opening file explorer. This is regardless of whether I have a few apps open or none at all, or whether it has just been restarted (forced or otherwise) or been running for a while.

-Programs repeatedly freeze and show 'Not Responding' sometimes for several minutes before returning to life. Usually only a few clicks can be successfully achieved within anything before this happens (again!)

-The new edge browser is completely useless. If it went any slower it would stop completely. Chrome is marginally better but not much.

-The cursor often freezes so I can move it around the screen but I can't click on anything. These freezes typically last just a few seconds before returning to normal so quite minor but still very annoying!

-I tried to reset my computer. It took several hours before restarting and sending me a message that 'Something went wrong' and nothing had changed

-I tried to return to Windows 8.1 and have another go at the upgrade. No, I have to remove all my user accounts apparently. Well I only have one user account and I can't delete the admin account can I?

-The only thing left that I can think of is a full system restore which I don't want to do because I have Office 2013 installed which I only put on when I bought my PC less than 90 days ago and I don't think I will be able to put back on if I get rid of it.

Look, I really am not slating Windows 10 as a product as I know lots of other people who have upgraded and it works fine. I have quite limited computer knowledge and really do not expect anything special from an OS, just for it to work with somewhat reasonable performance. Or at the very least just to let me return to Windows 8 if it is not going to work at all!

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

2. Seaweedps Win User

Lots of problems with windows 10, please help

Can anyone help me please? Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10 :(

Seaweedps, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Seaweedps Win User
    Lots of problems with windows 10, please help

I updated to windows 10 today.. And it got stuck on black screen with a white cursor like everyone else.. I force restarted a few times and didnt work until i pressed enter to type in my password to log in into a continuous black screen with white cursor..
    After a while

Problem #1

my log in screen to type in my passwood is still black

Problem #2

My windows 10 desktop looks different from everyone's on the site. Looks incomplete installation

Problem #3

My desktop icons are all gone except I can see them if I opened the control panel folder

Problem #4

I can launch everything but I can't get them to show up on my screen. Thus, I can't open up IE or firefox to do download/reinstall windows 10 again for a fresh start. The only thing that I am able to open is Skype and control panel (but nothing from the
    control panel if a new window is popped up separetely) The rest I have to mouse over and see the tiny preview versions and close them... can't open them

Please help me!!! I don't know if anyone else have the same problem but I have been googling a while and can't find any solution

Seaweedps, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10

1. Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Please Help Lots

2. Lots of BSOD's! Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of BSOD's! Please help!: Hi all,My computer goes to a BSOD daily. Never while I'm using it, only when I'm away from it. Here are the most recent dump files. I've run every system scan I can think of and everything comes back as good. Please help! ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  3. Lots of BSOD's! Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of BSOD's! Please help!: Hi all,My computer goes to a BSOD daily. Never while I'm using it, only when I'm away from it. Here are the most recent dump files. I've run every system scan I can think of and everything comes back as good. Please help! ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  4. getting lots of crashes since BSOD a couple days ago, please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting lots of crashes since BSOD a couple days ago, please help: initial crash seems to be something to do with memory corruption:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎6/‎17/‎2021 7:58 PMStatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1aParameter 1: 41792Parameter 2: ffffaf80000362e0Parameter 3:...
  5. Lots of Issues with PC Since Upgrading Network Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of Issues with PC Since Upgrading Network Speeds: Hello all! I recently got the Altice Gigabit Upgrade and since then my PC has been acting really strange. Can't download Windows updates or apps from the Microsoft Store, web surfing and doing stuff like Discord works fine, but certain games like Forza can't connect online....
  6. windows 10 issues. help please

windows 10 issues. help please: [ATTACH] Hi, So my problem is the majority of the time that I try to open the display settings, an image or control panel stuff nothing shows but a grey window with a cog. It seems completely random but if I leave my pc and come back after a while the monitors will go...
  7. Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.

Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.: Post-installation, I noticed that the bass in a lot of the music I hear seems to feel 'empty', like there's no presence. This is more noticeable the lower the 808 note. Even messing around with the Equalizer and increasing the lower frequencies creates overwhelming bass....
  8. Help with lots of windows 10 issues please (but mostly my keyboard backlight)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with lots of windows 10 issues please (but mostly my keyboard backlight): I just updated to windows 10 on my samsung ATIV laptop simply to fix an issue with streaming netflix and immediately regretted it. I could no longer adjust the screen brightness with the fn keys (but I could still adjust the volume and other things?). I also can not find any...
  9. Lots of issues with Windows 10 (Help please!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lots of issues with Windows 10 (Help please!): I installed Windows 10 using windows update from Windows 8.1. I now have so many issues with windows 10 that I would gladly downgrade back to 8.1 but I have too many files that I will lose. Any help would be greatly appreciated *Sad Here are the issues: Right clicking on...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade, help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade, help please: Finally decided that i want to upgrade to windows 10, clicked the upgrade now button and the window just closed after about a second, tried this many times and nothing happened. Ran windows update, clicked the upgrade now button again and it just sticks on starting download.....