Windows 10: Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

Discus and support Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We started working from home last week. Bear in mind that I have worked from home many times before and have never had any issues with it. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hibbert0604, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

We started working from home last week. Bear in mind that I have worked from home many times before and have never had any issues with it. The connection has always been just as stable as if I was sitting at my desk. Well, this week, it has been unbearably laggy to the point where it is barely functioning. My internet at home and work are pefectly fine. 100+mbps at both locations.

I have searched high and low for solutions and have found little. The only nugget of information I have found that may be helpful is in resource monitor. I went to resource monitor > Network > TCP connections > and sorted by latency, and the Process for Remote Desktop Services had well over 1000 ms of latency. I can't figure out why though. I don't know if this is abnormal or expected, but it seems abnormal to me. What is weird is that this seems to mainly affect RDP. I have installed a free remote desktop service called jump desk, and it mostly works without issue. It will occasionally have a huge lag spike, but it seems to return to normal after a couple of minutes.

I am desperate for a solution here. If I can't figure this out, then I am going to have to return to the office for work. That's a 52 mile commute to a major city, which is obviously not ideal right now. Thank you for your help!

submitted by /u/hibbert0604
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hibbert0604, Mar 25, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 25, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

1. Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly... - Similar Threads - Please help figure

2. Desktop stopped working after an update this morning . Help me figure out what to do please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop stopped working after an update this morning . Help me figure out what to do please: Today I opened up my PC and the desktop stopped responding to my mouse. It was not highlighting any icons and I couldn’t use my mouse to click anything. I ran sfc and dism from the command line and terminated all suspended processes. That didn’t work. I then proceeded to...
  3. Desktop stopped working after an update this morning . Help me figure out what to do please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop stopped working after an update this morning . Help me figure out what to do please: Today I opened up my PC and the desktop stopped responding to my mouse. It was not highlighting any icons and I couldn’t use my mouse to click anything. I ran sfc and dism from the command line and terminated all suspended processes. That didn’t work. I then proceeded to...
  4. Please help me figure out what is causing my Blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help me figure out what is causing my Blue screen: Please help me figure out what is causing my Blue screen. Link to the files are below.MinidumpByron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-figure-out-what-is-causing-my-blue/a4abccd7-6dd0-4377-8ac6-20d94ba5b500
  5. Please help me figure out what is causing my Blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me figure out what is causing my Blue screen: Please help me figure out what is causing my Blue screen. Link to the files are below.MinidumpByron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-figure-out-what-is-causing-my-blue/a4abccd7-6dd0-4377-8ac6-20d94ba5b500
  6. Please help me figure out what is causing my Blue screen

7. Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!

Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!: I have an Asus rog strix z790 mb with i7 13700k cpu evga 3090 NVIDIA gpu g skill trident 5600 32gb x 2 and multiple Ssd’s and hdd which is the problem. I can’t get windows to recognize any of the when I’m trying to flash windows with usb. I’ve formatted all of them...
  8. Please help me figure out what caused my BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help me figure out what caused my BSOD: I got a bsod a few days ago on startup while loading windows and had to do a system restore in order to be able to use my computer again.I thought it was due to some network settings I messed with because the PC would boot into safe mode fine, but if I tried to boot into safe...
  9. Please help me figure out what caused my BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me figure out what caused my BSOD: I got a bsod a few days ago on startup while loading windows and had to do a system restore in order to be able to use my computer again.I thought it was due to some network settings I messed with because the PC would boot into safe mode fine, but if I tried to boot into safe...
  10. Please help me figure out what caused my BSOD