Windows 10: Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

Discus and support Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We started working from home last week. Bear in mind that I have worked from home many times before and have never had any issues with it. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hibbert0604, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

We started working from home last week. Bear in mind that I have worked from home many times before and have never had any issues with it. The connection has always been just as stable as if I was sitting at my desk. Well, this week, it has been unbearably laggy to the point where it is barely functioning. My internet at home and work are pefectly fine. 100+mbps at both locations.

I have searched high and low for solutions and have found little. The only nugget of information I have found that may be helpful is in resource monitor. I went to resource monitor > Network > TCP connections > and sorted by latency, and the Process for Remote Desktop Services had well over 1000 ms of latency. I can't figure out why though. I don't know if this is abnormal or expected, but it seems abnormal to me. What is weird is that this seems to mainly affect RDP. I have installed a free remote desktop service called jump desk, and it mostly works without issue. It will occasionally have a huge lag spike, but it seems to return to normal after a couple of minutes.

I am desperate for a solution here. If I can't figure this out, then I am going to have to return to the office for work. That's a 52 mile commute to a major city, which is obviously not ideal right now. Thank you for your help!

submitted by /u/hibbert0604
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hibbert0604, Mar 25, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 25, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly...

1. Please help me figure out what is going on with Remote Desktop on my work PC! I am truly... - Similar Threads - Please help figure

2. Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.: So I’m gonna make this as detailed as possible. Or at least try, I’m still so tired from trying to figure this out. Everything that happened with trying to reset resulted in this message- "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer" So...
  3. Someone please help me out!!

Someone please help me out!!: I had switched to Cloudready(Chrome os) from WIN 10 and now want to return to Win 10. I tried making a bootable usb but worked only the first time and later showed some driver problem. But after trying multiple times the USB doesn't appear in Boot options. I want WIN...
  4. Please help me with my PC

Please help me with my PC: My updates will not install. I tried going into command prompt and doing the net stop commands and doing the .old rename and only 5 or 6 out of about 11 or so downloaded. The main one that's causing me problems is Windows update 1903. I keeps failing after downloading and it...
  5. I am completely stuck please someone help me...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am completely stuck please someone help me...: Aight so yesterday i was just playing some games on my laptop when suddenly the BSOD appeared ... at first it was doing some process of diagonossing but after a couple of minutes when the reboot happened nothing changed and blue screen was still there... i have tried to...
  6. What phone number do I call to speak with an actual person to help me figure out why my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What phone number do I call to speak with an actual person to help me figure out why my...: DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-phone-number-do-i-call-to-speak-with-an/86ea6f81-7c0a-4854-9b60-330427b10609
  7. please help me out with this error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    please help me out with this error: this thing pop's up when i try to install a red gear driver -create process failed Error code:0xc1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-out-with-this-error/3b2b0fa4-faf4-4c88-a9c2-38649dce5783
  8. my wifi is not work please help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi is not work please help me: [IMG]wifi is not working this is show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-is-not-work-please-help-me/d4612122-cc2a-44b9-a05e-68c43650695a
  9. help me to figure out this problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help me to figure out this problem: --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Script: C:\Users\munee\AppData\Roaming\JVUDq\uMDuY.vbs Line: 1 Char: 43 Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 80070002 Source: (null) ---------------------------...
  10. Getting different BSODs, please help me figure it out with my minidump included.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting different BSODs, please help me figure it out with my minidump included.: Hi, I just built a new pc. I did tests to rule out hard ware issues. I believe there is corruption in the files. I have provided the link to download the minidump. I am trying to get all the help I can, because this is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance for all the help, I...