Windows 10: Please help me fix constant crashes, blue screen of death - event 41

Discus and support Please help me fix constant crashes, blue screen of death - event 41 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi people, The following is long because I wanted to include details that might help solve my problem. My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit RAM 8.00 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dawna_R, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Dawna_R Win User

Please help me fix constant crashes, blue screen of death - event 41

Hi people,

The following is long because I wanted to include details that might help solve my problem.

My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit RAM 8.00 GB 6.94 usable. My CPU is AMD A8-7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics with base speed 2.20 GHz, but when I look at Task Manager > Performance the speed fluctuates to higher and lower speeds than the base speed

For about a week now my OS crashes and a blue screen appears saying "Your PC has run into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. Only the top half of the QR code is visible and it therefore can't be scanned. The blue screens happen up to five times a day. In addition, my OS won't shut down or restart. I have to do a hard shut down to turn off my machine.

When I look in Event Viewer, there's an event 41 error. I copied and pasted the details of two such events and they are below at the end.

What I've done to try to solve this error without succeeding:

• did a hard shut down, unplugged the power cable from the computer and remove the battery, then waited 10 minutes before inserting battery and plugging in the power cord.
    • entered Control Panel > Power Options > System Settings > Choose what power button does > Change settings that are currently unavailable > unchecked Turn on fast startup as a website suggested as a fix for event 41
    • searched my OS drive with Agent Ransack to find folders containing the word "boot" in their titles and changed permissions to allow myself permissions to access these folders and sub-folders and files, etc.
    • tried system restore but there was only one restore point and it wass too recent to be effective
    • made sure Windows was up to date and there were no pending updates
    • ran Windows Troubleshooter = problem not found
    • ran sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt
    • ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • ran chkdsk with results saying the disk contains no errors
    • updated the BIOS, and entered the BIOS to change the settings to default following an online suggestion that I might need to disable overclocking. I didn't see some of the settings options in the BIOS that were mentioned online which I believe would affect overclocking
    • tried to scan my computer with AVG Internet Security, but the OS crashed during the scan
    • updated the following drivers:
      Realtek PCIe Family Controller 10.32.1206.2018
      Realtek High Definition Audio 6.0.1.8522
      Realtek PCIE CardReader 10.0.17763.29097
      SM Bus Controller 5.12.0.38
    • used Eset Online Scanner which revealed the following:
      Detected files: 5
      Cleaned files: 5
      Total scan time 03:43:04
      Scan status: Finished
      C:\Documents and Settings\DAWNA\AppData\Local\AVG Netherlands BV\AVG Driver Updater\Updates\hdd.exe a variant of Win32/Slimware.A potentially unwanted application cleaned by deleting

C:\Documents and Settings\DAWNA\Downloads\avgdriverupdater.exe a variant of Win32/Slimware.A potentially unwanted application cleaned by deleting

C:\Documents and Settings\DAWNA\Downloads\spsetup132.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application cleaned by deleting

C:\Documents and Settings\DAWNA\Pictures\spsetup132.exe Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe application cleaned by deleting

C:\Program Files x86\AVG Driver Updater\AVG Driver Updater.exe a variant of Win32/UwS.SlimDrivers.A application cleaned by deleting

From Task Viewer:

70368744177664,2 event 41

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID 41

Version 8

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-08-20T14:35:03.0226670Z

EventRecordID 22960

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DAWNA

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 59
    BugcheckParameter1 0xc0000005
    BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff80350bd5230
    BugcheckParameter3 0xffffce80b17ea920
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 132424057098031704
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0
    LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

_______________________________________________________________________________

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Log Name: System
    Source: Kernel-Power
    Logged: 8/26/2020 5:06:34 AM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: 63
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: 70368744177664,2
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DAWNA
    OpCode: Info

Details
    Friendly View
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 8/26/2020 5:06:34 AM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: 63
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: 70368744177664,2
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DAWNA
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>8</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-08-26T09:06:34.6470805Z" />
    <EventRecordID>24287</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DAWNA</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">59</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xc0000005</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff8058a665230</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffffce01d1dea920</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>
    <Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Any help fixing this problem would be very appreciated.

:)

Dawna_R, Aug 27, 2020

2. You're sued for not fixing application crashes and blue screens

I'm fed up with the constant crashes and BSODs that are recently happening. You are sued for not fixing them in future updates especially the Blue Screen of Death.

DirkAlexander, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Abrienne Win User
    Abrienne, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Please help me fix constant crashes, blue screen of death - event 41

Iis there a troubleshooter for event ID 41

Two cases for event ID 41:

1. The computer bugchecks with a Blue Screen of Death.

2. The computer restarts unexpectedly.

Please share the System logs with us. All steps here:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/12/how-to-...

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Please help me fix constant crashes, blue screen of death - event 41

1. Please help me fix constant crashes, blue screen of death - event 41 - Similar Threads - Please help fix

2. Blue screen of death HELP PLEASE!?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death HELP PLEASE!?!?: Hey, I have been experiencing the blue screen of death over the last year. However, as of this week, it has been happening very frequently, enough so that I cannot confidently start any tasks or games.The main two stop codes are:Driver:...
  3. Help please with blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please with blue screen of death: Hello everyone! My lap top running Windows 10 keeps blue screening from different actions. Sometimes it will blue screen from clicking windows search bar or just using Google chrome. I’ve gotten one stop code saying DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION & another one saying KMODE EXCEPTION...
  4. Can someone please help me fix Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please help me fix Blue Screen Of Death: I have been receiving many blue screens and don't know exactly what to do. Can someone please helpI have attached information from the mini dump for your review.https://www.dropbox.com/s/48nyptnqcohtktz/Mini%20dump.zip?dl=0...
  5. Can someone please help me fix Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone please help me fix Blue Screen Of Death: I have been receiving many blue screens and don't know exactly what to do. Can someone please helpI have attached information from the mini dump for your review.https://www.dropbox.com/s/48nyptnqcohtktz/Mini%20dump.zip?dl=0...
  6. Can't fix Blue Screen of Death! Please Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't fix Blue Screen of Death! Please Help!: Hello! I would just like to ask for your help because no matter what I do I can't seem to fix the BSOD that of my pc for months now. I tried everything, booting a new OS, changing my HDD, using the cmd prompt and typing sfc /scannow and chkdsk. But still again and again I...
  7. Event ID 41, please help me!

Event ID 41, please help me!: Hi all, I have googled and gone through all the steps as recommended online to try and solve this error but nothing seems to work. I recently built a new PC kept the same SSD drives. Computer Specs OS: Window 10 Home CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x Ram: G.Skill RipjawsV Series...
  8. Blue screen of death Event ID 41

Blue screen of death Event ID 41: so i was playing video games and then the PC restarted and i got this event log and here is the link for the dump file https://nofile.io/f/DyH7ZPNg75M/031319-7062-01.dmp here is the event log Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:...
  9. Help Please Blue Screen Of Death

Help Please Blue Screen Of Death: Hi everyone since last night i have blue screen of death if u have a solution let me know i upload the dump file
  10. Blue screen of death help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death help please: [IMG]help me fix it please I tried to rest my pc and it said there was a problem no changes were made I tried using system restore but i didnt have a restore point System image recovery same thing...