Windows 10: Please help me fix this annoying search bar problem!

Discus and support Please help me fix this annoying search bar problem! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrFutur3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0w5ox/please_help_me_fix_this_annoying_search_bar/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrFutur3, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Please help me fix this annoying search bar problem!

/u/MrFutur3, Feb 8, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Please help me fix this annoying search bar problem!

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Please help me fix this annoying search bar problem!

1. Please help me fix this annoying search bar problem! - Similar Threads - Please help fix

2. Please help me fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me fix this: I have just purchased a new Surface Studio Laptop 32GB of ram, Core i7, and tb of space I've have it for two weeks and just last night it stopped working without being plugged in. The battery percentage is missing and the only time I see it is after restarting the computer...
  3. please help me this is getting very annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me this is getting very annoying: i usually play games on my laptop and i get lag spikes, not the typical internet lag spikes but the whole laptop, even if im not using internet it happens, please respond ASAP. p.s: i have windows 10 activated -daveyboih...
  4. please help me this is getting very annoying

please help me this is getting very annoying: i usually play games on my laptop and i get lag spikes, not the typical internet lag spikes but the whole laptop, even if im not using internet it happens, please respond ASAP. p.s: i have windows 10 activated -daveyboih...
  5. please help me this is getting very annoying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Please help me on fixing this problem

Please help me on fixing this problem: So, for the last months, my windows 10 wont update automatically, and what i did WAS TO IGNORE it, i have to come to the conclusion that i need to get to an engineer if no one answers, so here's why i need to FIX THIS INSTANTLY.1. I edit videos, and sometimes the music file i...
  7. Please help me on fixing this problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help me on fixing this problem: So, for the last months, my windows 10 wont update automatically, and what i did WAS TO IGNORE it, i have to come to the conclusion that i need to get to an engineer if no one answers, so here's why i need to FIX THIS INSTANTLY.1. I edit videos, and sometimes the music file i...
  8. Please help me on fixing this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Please help me its annoying me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me its annoying me: I recently got a gaming pc th at runs windows 10, but as soon as I downloaded my games and whatever, they transferred to my laptop as well. Obviously my laptop can’t handle the files, and they are slowing down my laptop speed by a lot. Any help on how to stop sharing my...
  10. Help me fix this please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me fix this please.: submitted by /u/lonerphoenix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fylutc/help_me_fix_this_please/