Windows 10: Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background...

Discus and support Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Disclaimer: (Xposted) There are so many posts on this topic recommending different ways and from different years, that it's quite overwhelming. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OlegRu, May 12, 2020.

1. /u/OlegRu Win User

Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background...

Disclaimer: (Xposted) There are so many posts on this topic recommending different ways and from different years, that it's quite overwhelming. I was hoping to get a more definitive answer(s), today in 2020, for someone who is decently computer savvy, but yet doesn't really know how to do scripts and the like, and perhaps an explanation of how to execute it, which I can follow.

I've read about "Fresh Start", LTSC, running different 3rd party programs, making "Images, scripts... not sure what to do to avoid a big headache or sitting at this for days, yet achieve my objectives.

Info: I want to fully format my computer (HP Pavilion laptop)15-bc020nr and reinstall Windows. I've backed up my files etc. I am a general PC user - some work, documents, light photo/video editing, some gaming etc.

Windows installation: I want to reinstall a "lighter" Windows (or clean it up), which doesn't contain the bloatware from HP or Windows, including all that Cortana, Bing Apps, Candy Crush, OneDrive/Note, Sway, Maps, 3d Builder etc. etc. Also to not have all the extra background processes and unneeded stuff that is launched on startup.

Apps and features I need: I'd like to still be able to have basic apps I use such as Skype, Edge(backup browser), Paint, Calculator etc. or be able to install them later if needed, and also have the drivers/software for things like touchpad, cam, buttons, be able to print to PDF etc.

What would you say is a simple, decently quick, but thorough way to get this all done?

submitted by /u/OlegRu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OlegRu, May 12, 2020

2. Yay or Nay? Bloatware removal tool for Windows 10

Does it remove all bloatware and do you end up with a pc restored to its previous O/S (win 10 free )*Smile Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background... :)

dorsetknob, May 12, 2020
  3. D007 Win User
    Yay or Nay? Bloatware removal tool for Windows 10

Lol!!

4. Drone Win User

Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background...

Yay or Nay? Bloatware removal tool for Windows 10

This RefreshWindowsTool just downloads and installs a recent build of Windows 10 overwriting the pre-installed version.

Users may choose to retain their personal files - those stashed in the core folders such as "Pictures" and "Documents" - or wipe everything from the drive. In all cases, they will have to reinstall applications, including Microsoft Office, third-party programs and drivers.

Long story short: it's a refresh button + downloading recent build from MS servers

Drone, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background... - Similar Threads - Please help full

2. Windows 10 won't stop reinstalling bloatware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't stop reinstalling bloatware.: I have tried using the methods where you create a registry key for deprovisioned/provisioned apps method, I have tried this: Type regedit then hit Enter.Go to the follow Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Create a new key inside the Windows...
  3. Windows 10 won't stop reinstalling bloatware.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't stop reinstalling bloatware.: I have tried using the methods where you create a registry key for deprovisioned/provisioned apps method, I have tried this: Type regedit then hit Enter.Go to the follow Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Create a new key inside the Windows...
  4. Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob question - Windows 10 reinstall w/o disc/documentation?: My situation: A) I need to reinstall windows 10. B) I never purchased a copy of Windows 10, but rather updated from a (legal, purchased) copy of windows 7. C) I no longer have the disc or documentation for the copy of windows 7 I purchased (lost in a house move years ago)....
  5. Full windows reinstall help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full windows reinstall help: So I have a question regarding a reinstall of windows 10 due lack of updates succeeding and replace my hard drive with an ssd. I have all of the files and backs up of things I still want to keep like pictures, videos, and documents on a flash drive. I want to store the...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk

Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk: I replaced hard drive and don't have a recovery disk. How can I reinstall Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-on-new-hard-drive-wo-recovery/403a8967-753c-460d-9899-1cfce2f30cbc
  7. Hiding the taskbar w/o full version of W10?

Hiding the taskbar w/o full version of W10?: Hello! So I just got Windows 10 from Bootcamp but I don't have the full version so I cannot customize. Any way to hide the taskbar? 115298
  8. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...
  9. Windows 10 Cloning / transfer to new hardware w/o reformat?

Windows 10 Cloning / transfer to new hardware w/o reformat?: Hi all, Pardon the rambling nature of this post. Also, yes, I do know I could just do a full reinstall...maybe? OK, explanation - my brother's desktop is dead. All signs point to the motherboard as it restarts constantly and randomly within 30 seconds to 2 minutes after...
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517