Windows 10: Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW

Discus and support Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to erase a GPT partition form a USB thumb drive with diskpart while my 4TB segate external drive was connected, I don't know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iMak, Jun 8, 2020.

1. iMak Win User

Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW

I was trying to erase a GPT partition form a USB thumb drive with diskpart while my 4TB segate external drive was connected, I don't know what happened, but now I don't have access to my external drive. I have precious memory in the drive. Please help me get back my files, how can I get access to the drive and see the files?

This is all what I see

Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW [​IMG]

:)

iMak, Jun 8, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Jun 8, 2020
  3. tf2029 Win User
    How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW

Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW

1. Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW - Similar Threads - Please help files

2. I converted my drive from RAW to NTFS, i need to get my files back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I converted my drive from RAW to NTFS, i need to get my files back.: I converted my drive from RAW to NTFS because i just had a blue screen when starting.I changed it so i can reinstall windows. I did it in the CMD in diskpart and i typed "format fs=ntfs quick"I also put some things on my desktop and i heard you shouldnt do that because things...
  3. I converted my drive from RAW to NTFS, i need to get my files back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I converted my drive from RAW to NTFS, i need to get my files back.: I converted my drive from RAW to NTFS because i just had a blue screen when starting.I changed it so i can reinstall windows. I did it in the CMD in diskpart and i typed "format fs=ntfs quick"I also put some things on my desktop and i heard you shouldnt do that because things...
  4. I converted my drive from RAW to NTFS, i need to get my files back.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Somebody please help me get my accounts back!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Somebody please help me get my accounts back!: I’m struggling and so tired, I’ve tried many reboots and reinstalls... progress gets made but it gets worse again! I don’t have any money except an eBay gift card for $100 I need help! Nothing is saving so I’m assuming whoever this is, is watching and changing what I’m doing...
  6. Help me get back into my computer

Help me get back into my computer: So first, I started Origin to play Star Wars Battlefront II. It said the update couldn't install, so I figured I needed to free up space. I restarted, and upon signing in I got the message "We couldn't sign you into your account" or something like that. I followed this...
  7. Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW

Please help me get back my files, the drive shows RAW: I was trying to erase a GPT partition form a USB thumb drive with diskpart while my 4TB segate external drive was connected, I don't know what happened, but now I don't have access to my external drive. I have precious memory in the drive. Please help me get back my files,...
  8. Someone please help me get my file path text back to being visible... It's driving m insane...

Someone please help me get my file path text back to being visible... It's driving m insane...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/endlessthrowawayact [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ge9dko/someone_please_help_me_get_my_file_path_text_back/
  9. My taskbar clock dissappeared please help me get it back :

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar clock dissappeared please help me get it back :: I have no idea how this happened but it was a week or so ago. I have Windows 10 64bit Home Edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-clock-dissappeared-please-help-me-get/284fde90-5a51-460e-b25f-d28cbf65c586
  10. Please help me get back online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help me get back online: Okay, I literally signed up for these forums with the hope that someone here will be able to help me fix this issue. I'm borrowing my roommate's laptop and have been googling fixes for nearly 12 hours now and nothing has worked. Sunday I was able to get online just fine, but...