Windows 10: Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today...

Discus and support Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; should i ignore this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cyanoo, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Cyanoo Win User

Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today...

should i ignore this?

:)

Cyanoo, Oct 10, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 10, 2021
  3. JeffL Win User
    Help!!! Windows Update Install Failed, But Restart Required

Last night Windows 10 downloaded an update. It took hours to download, and prepare for the install. In the end, History shows that the update failed to install, but it still wants a Restart. Restarting does not make the message go away. I now always get the Update And Restart/Shutdown options when the power icon is pressed. I ran the trouble shoot which says is found and fixed problems, but I don't see a way to redo the install or end the Restart request.

Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today... [​IMG]

Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today... [​IMG]

JeffL, Oct 10, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today...

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today... - Similar Threads - Please help install

2. Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff801aaf15000, 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031924-9859-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  3. Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff801aaf15000, 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031924-9859-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  4. can you please help me!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you please help me!!!: I am so frustrated!! I cant change my password for any of my microsoft accounts. I can log on with my windows computer but nothing else. When I try to change the password, I go to settings then copy and paste the current password, type new password and it tells me current...
  5. Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today...: should i ignore this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-i-can-install-the-optional-update/ef069080-effa-4a07-a225-c7e2a47eabd3
  6. Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help me, i can install the optional update and it doesnt require restart, and today...: should i ignore this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-i-can-install-the-optional-update/ef069080-effa-4a07-a225-c7e2a47eabd3
  7. Please Help Me - Windows Doesnt Work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please Help Me - Windows Doesnt Work: Every person has a right to be angry. Right now, I am very, very pissed off. Prior to this, I actually fixed my pc. After grueling hours of trial and error, I managed to get my pc to do a repair.Hours later, I post on Microsoft forums, because my display drivers are causing...
  8. Can someone please help me?!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can someone please help me?!: I upgraded my laptop to windows 10. Once I did that I noticed something in the right corner and It said windows is not activated and that I needed to activate windows 10. It also mentioned something about a product key? I am a little confused so if anyone out there can help...
  9. must recover today's work. please help me!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    must recover today's work. please help me!: okay. i will start with a confession: i am still using office 2010. okay? i mean, i know i SHOULD have paid a load to save all my stuff on your cloud or something, but i'm uneasy with it, and there is nobody home at the local microsoft store. that said, here's my...
  10. Help!!! Windows Update Install Failed, But Restart Required

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help!!! Windows Update Install Failed, But Restart Required: Last night Windows 10 downloaded an update. It took hours to download, and prepare for the install. In the end, History shows that the update failed to install, but it still wants a Restart. Restarting does not make the message go away. I now always get the Update And...