Windows 10: Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?

Discus and support Please help me maybe I have lost all my data? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so I asked a question yesterday if you can lose data after an update. Because my PC had a problem with the start menu. I was assured that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yannick472, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?

Hello, so I asked a question yesterday if you can lose data after an update. Because my PC had a problem with the start menu. I was assured that I can do this without any worries. I was naive and downloaded it now I wanted to log in but he said something about "Error loading user profile not possible" or something like that. I did the update last night and only tried it 2 times. Of course I knew immediately that it was no good and I shut it down, now I am afraid to start it. Did not make a backup because I don't have an external hard drive. Am I now really fucked or can I fix/recover this?

If you can help me in any way please answer

:)

Yannick472, Aug 19, 2020

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Please help me maybe I have lost all my data? :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 19, 2020
  3. HELP! Unwanted Revert To Backup! LOST DATA!

Sorry, no good news. You do not have a multi-booting system. This eliminates one of the options I mentioned previously:

• This is not the same PC as the one you used a week ago.
    • You do not use the same disk as the one you had in the machine one week ago.
    • Someone launched the System Image Recover process on your machine. This is a process that requires several highly specific steps to be invoked - see here.
      It takes at least half an hour to complete and is highly visible.
    Other than the above I have no further explanation. You might want to have the machine examined by an expert. If you wish then I'm prepared to have a look at it myself. Maybe the best alternative is to save your remaining data to an external disk then perform
    a destructive Factory Restore.

There is one curious thing I note. You claim that you have lost most of your data. Yet the partition where you store your data is 97% full. Maybe your data is not lost but is in an place that you ignored so far. Again an expert could help you there.

Frederik Long, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Please help me maybe I have lost all my data?

1. Please help me maybe I have lost all my data? - Similar Threads - Please help maybe

2. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  3. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  4. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. please help me.. I am lost my laptop,,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me.. I am lost my laptop,,: Can you give me the current location of my laptop. I have done GD in Police. It will be very beneficial for me if I get the location. I am very poor. I bought this with great difficulty. But the thief took it from me. Name SAIF-PC OS Edition Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage...
  6. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA: MY WINDOWS ON MY OLDER PC LAPTOP IS TOTALLY GONE. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR OFFICE 365 BUT MY COMPUTER IS BARREN NO APPS WON'T LET ME SEARCH TO C: DRIVE PLEASE HELP!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WAS HACKED - BEC ITEMS DISAPPEARED RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I SAVED...
  7. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA: MY WINDOWS ON MY OLDER PC LAPTOP IS TOTALLY GONE. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR OFFICE 365 BUT MY COMPUTER IS BARREN NO APPS WON'T LET ME SEARCH TO C: DRIVE PLEASE HELP!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WAS HACKED - BEC ITEMS DISAPPEARED RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES. I SAVED...
  8. PLEASE HELP MY COMPUTER LOST ALL MY PAST DATA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Please help me. I erased all of my data on my laptop so I could reset my data, and it's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me. I erased all of my data on my laptop so I could reset my data, and it's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpicyDankSCR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd96rr/please_help_me_i_erased_all_of_my_data_on_my/
  10. Lost all my data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my data: Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with...