Windows 10: PLEASE HELP ME! My son has a Acer X191W Desktop computer that runs on windows 10 and we are...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP ME! My son has a Acer X191W Desktop computer that runs on windows 10 and we are... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My son started his online schooling due to the coronavirus shutdown and as I'm setting up the website I realize his wireless mouse is only working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DAMIANBURNS, Mar 30, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP ME! My son has a Acer X191W Desktop computer that runs on windows 10 and we are...

My son started his online schooling due to the coronavirus shutdown and as I'm setting up the website I realize his wireless mouse is only working on certain areas of the screen. He mainly uses his computer to play Minecraft where he uses his XBOX controller to navigate the screen so I really don't even know how long its been doing this. The curser moves around just fine and the mouse itself seems to be working completely normal EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT IT WONT ALLOW ME TO CLICK ON ANYTHING IN THE MIDDLE AREA OF THE SCREEN. And its not just in a web browser, its the middle of the computer screen in general, I just don't understand it. I've already restarted the computer and modem, unplugged the USB mouse port, changed the mouse completely to a wired mouse ,to see if the mouse itself was the problem, and still nothing. I've did the typical google search and cant seem to find an answer anywhere. PLEASE HELP ME so I can finally get my 2nd grader back to his school work!

:)

DAMIANBURNS, Mar 30, 2020
  2. spunk Win User

add video card to Acer Aspire AXC-704G-UW61 desktop ?

If you still want to mess with this,
    There is no setting in the Bios to Clear the CMOS. Here are steps\
    Acer Desktop Computers

Step 1:
    Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Acer computer.

Step 2

Remove the case cover and attach an anti-static wrist strap to one wrist and to the case frame.

Step 3

Remove the coin cell BIOS clock battery for one hour, or locate the BIOS reset jumper as indicated on the motherboard with the markings "CLRP1" and move the jumper into the "Clear" position for one hour. This is determined easily as these jumpers only have two positions, "Clear" and "Run" and they will always be found in the "Run" position during normal operation.

Step 4

Replace the battery or set the jumper back to the "Run" position.

Step 5

Replace the cover and power on the computer.

spunk, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

PLEASE HELP ME! My son has a Acer X191W Desktop computer that runs on windows 10 and we are...

Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP ME! My son has a Acer X191W Desktop computer that runs on windows 10 and we are...

1. PLEASE HELP ME! My son has a Acer X191W Desktop computer that runs on windows 10 and we are... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP son

2. Help me to unblocked my computer please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me to unblocked my computer please: My computer is blocked for security reasons but I don’t know what to do, someone could help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-unblocked-my-computer-please/ee98eafd-eacf-4be8-b4b0-ebcc6e681d5f
  3. Help me to unblocked my computer please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me to unblocked my computer please: My computer is blocked for security reasons but I don’t know what to do, someone could help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-unblocked-my-computer-please/ee98eafd-eacf-4be8-b4b0-ebcc6e681d5f
  4. please help me fix my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help me fix my computer: i am having a extremely weird problem with my computer making to where i can't search the Internet cause ever time i click on a link i get the this webpage can't be reached error page what has happened is still use widows 7 cause my computer is old and i reacived the blue...
  5. please help me fix my computer

please help me fix my computer: i am having a extremely weird problem with my computer making to where i can't search the Internet cause ever time i click on a link i get the this webpage can't be reached error page what has happened is still use widows 7 cause my computer is old and i reacived the blue...
  6. HELP MY COMPUTER IS ON FIRE HELP me please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP MY COMPUTER IS ON FIRE HELP me please: I was using my computer and I fed it tea. It on fire. It has a Intel core fire-proof i3 1st gen. It give a error I think it was saying there was no di*k in the computer. Now its on fire. I also tried to make to computer do Activates so It don't get fat. I told it the story of...
  7. HELP MY COMPUTER IS ON FIRE HELP me please

HELP MY COMPUTER IS ON FIRE HELP me please: I was using my computer and I fed it tea. It on fire. It has a Intel core fire-proof i3 1st gen. It give a error I think it was saying there was no di*k in the computer. Now its on fire. I also tried to make to computer do Activates so It don't get fat. I told it the story of...
  8. please help me my computer crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    please help me my computer crashing: hello guys please help me my computer is huawei matebook x pro i7 gen 8 ram 16GB hard 512GB ssd, a month ago i run android studio and vscode and emulator its work fine without any crash but in this week only run android studio and emulatotr my computer crash not only android...
  9. My son is a idiot. Please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My son is a idiot. Please help!!!: Hi guys. I got my son a pc for his birthday. All is well with it. But in his infinite wisdom he has decided to put a password on it. Shortly after he has forgotten the password. I’ve pressed shift on startup and reset the computer and removed all files. But it still asks for...
  10. Please Help me recover my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please Help me recover my computer: I need serious help, I have been struggling with my computer for two weeks, I read that the update was a problem, and did everything to stop my computer updating, to no avail, it has now updated and it will not restart, I get this ridiculous blank window with *Welcome *...