Windows 10: please help me recover from wall paper but no icons

Discus and support please help me recover from wall paper but no icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Pressing 'window' +r keys does nothing so I don't know the windows version number but I guess it is possibly an early one. A friend of mine passed away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bob 1954, Apr 21, 2020.

1. bob 1954 Win User

please help me recover from wall paper but no icons

Pressing 'window' +r keys does nothing so I don't know the windows version number but I guess it is possibly an early one.
    A friend of mine passed away recently and his wife has offered our club the use of his windows 10 computer.
    I have the pin number and can get to the main screen (what ever you call it) with the wall paper but there are no icons and the small ring is just spinning all the time.
    If I press escape the ring stops and I can do a right click and get the box that contains
    AMD catalyst
    view
    sort by
    refresh
    etc
    pressing view shows the "show icons" is checked
    further down the list if I click on "personalize" whilst the arrow is over the box it is replaced by the spinning ring and it shows an arrow if I move it off the box. It stays as a spinning ring until I press escape.
    The task bar shows the arrow as a spinning ring if I click on anything and again shows an arrow if I move it away from the task bar.
    I don't know that much about windows 10 but It does look as if it is looking for more files.
    I managed to get to the point where I could attempt to go back to a previous stage but it asks for a password before it will let me do that?
    I have found a list of what looks like passwords but non of them works.
    Is it possible to save the windows 10 system? I would be happy to just clear it down to a clean windows 10 operating system as we have most of the files we were both working on in dropbox under my name and his wife isn't aware of anything she needs on it.
    I don't have a windows 10 computer to make a backup/restore disk as I have found written about on this site.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks.
    Bob

:)

bob 1954, Apr 21, 2020

2. change size of background wall paper+it is a custon wallpaper(my picture)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps you to
    change size of background wall paper.

a) Right click on the desktop screen.

b) Select personalize and click on Desktop Background at the bottom of the screen.

c) Select the image and change the picture position to Centre from the drop down list.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 21, 2020
  3. wall paper

Does anyone have the address for the wall paper program that uses your pictures?

Elizabeth LBarber, Apr 21, 2020
  4. please help me recover from wall paper but no icons

Wall paper

Hi every one,

We want to set wall paper which apper only at the time of login(When we press ALT CTRL and Delete button).Which must not be set as desktop wallpaper.We trying it in windows server 2012 R2 using group policy .approx client machines are windows 7 Pro.

Thanks

Vijay

vijaysingh_982, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

please help me recover from wall paper but no icons

1. please help me recover from wall paper but no icons - Similar Threads - please help recover

2. Blue screen instead of wall paper.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen instead of wall paper.: So i log into my pc and stuff and its normal, but when i left click and drag it turns my wall paper blue. I checked for corrupeted files and there was some but they were fixed. Idk if its a graphics thing but even when i do win + shift + control + b it just stays the same....
  3. Blue screen instead of wall paper.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen instead of wall paper.: So i log into my pc and stuff and its normal, but when i left click and drag it turns my wall paper blue. I checked for corrupeted files and there was some but they were fixed. Idk if its a graphics thing but even when i do win + shift + control + b it just stays the same....
  4. Blue screen instead of wall paper.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win11 changing wall paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 changing wall paper: After the most recent update for Win11, my windows wallpaper is not functioning. I just have a blue screen. I used to get a photo which also asked me"did I like what I saw" and I could click yes or no. After that I could click to my login in screen. I liked that function of...
  6. Win11 changing wall paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 changing wall paper: After the most recent update for Win11, my windows wallpaper is not functioning. I just have a blue screen. I used to get a photo which also asked me"did I like what I saw" and I could click yes or no. After that I could click to my login in screen. I liked that function of...
  7. Windows spotlight wall paper as desktop wallpaper

Windows spotlight wall paper as desktop wallpaper: I am using windows 10 home 1909 build i want windows spotlight wallpapers as my desktop wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-wall-paper-as-desktop-wallpaper/272eed65-2132-491b-a4cf-71e5e2e8a430
  8. Wall paper Windows 10

in Cortana
    Wall paper Windows 10: How to change wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wall-paper-windows-10/2b8b8ab4-83c3-4fb8-8f0a-76b921c2917a
  9. Custom image as wall paper

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom image as wall paper: How do I get rid of white space of custom image used for wallpaper? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-image-as-wall-paper/38bed43c-458f-48a6-9fec-f1a00fbf9b6c
  10. lag when wall paper changes

lag when wall paper changes: im getting a system lag when my wall paper changes. gtx 1070 with i7 7700 running windows version 10.0.18362 tried updating my video driver and it changed nothing....