Windows 10: Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts

Discus and support Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I doesnt understend what going on with desktop on my PC http://piccy.info/view3/12654002/0a26bcb28e72afbbb8fd8d58e301334b/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yons, Sep 28, 2018.

1. yons Win User

Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts

I doesnt understend what going on with desktop on my PC

http://piccy.info/view3/12654002/0a26bcb28e72afbbb8fd8d58e301334b/

:)

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts

1. Please.Help me return desktop shortcuts - Similar Threads - Please Help return

2. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  3. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  4. Help me please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me please!: I was playing ROBLOX then my laptop suddenly crashed. Then a red and yellow zigzag square pattern appeared in the middle of my laptop. Then something called “NW.TS” opened, I searched everywhere for what “NW.TS” is but, no answers. Please, help me....
  5. please help me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    please help me: im having some serious issues with my laptop and i have tried troubleshooting every troubleshoot and getting no where and this is my work i havent been able to do work for a week now because of it. seems to be a known issue for other people due to microsoft updates but i dont...
  6. please help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help me: [ATTACH] Please advice me how to fix this error. Always pop up "Operation is in progress" in windows server. When I click OK button it closed but a few second later this message occur again. Open task manager and I found that this message is under wininit 32bit shown as below...
  7. Help me please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me please: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Redstorm597 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgdhnx/help_me_please/
  8. HELP ME PLEASE

HELP ME PLEASE: submitted by /u/rj104 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekl55g/help_me_please/
  9. can you please help me return this problem with shortcut

can you please help me return this problem with shortcut: I did have Unreal and My maps, and I wanted to create shortcuts and everything disappears and it says PROBLEM WITH SHORTCUT, and shortcuts have errors and asking me If I want to remove this file and I don't want to. Can you please help me how to return the file that it was...
  10. please help ,me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    please help ,me: what does these means of these images[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me/22041d0e-917c-4055-bf08-5f650984d8c8"