Windows 10: Please help me turn off two-step verification

Discus and support Please help me turn off two-step verification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I followed all of the Microsoft instructions to 'turn off two-step verification,' yet when I get to the page to turn it off, the option to turn it off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonnaH2, Jan 8, 2020.

1. DonnaH2 Win User

Please help me turn off two-step verification

I followed all of the Microsoft instructions to 'turn off two-step verification,' yet when I get to the page to turn it off, the option to turn it off is not there! The only option is to turn the verification on, which somehow already happened and I have no idea how or why. I could have inadvertently thought I was clicking on something else when this happened a couple of months ago, not sure.

I am sick of getting a screen that requires me to enter the last 4 of my home phone number, then get an automated call with a code that I have to enter just to delete my search or browsing history! That should not happen to anyone that only wants to delete the unnecessary ****. Clearing by disk cleanup does not clear half of the stuff - you have to sign in to Microsoft, then get surprised by a bunch of hidden ad links from all your pages you visited, click on delete the search or browsing to get rid of it. This never happened in earlier Windows versions. I hate Edge, and am not sure if it is just Edge, or what.

Does anyone know how to turn off two step verification when the option to turn it off does not even show on the screen when I follow all of the instructions to turn it off? I even clicked on the 'turn on two-step verification' link, hoping there would be an option, but that was just to continue with getting it, which I already mysteriously have. This is stupid, frustrating, and annoying. Thanks!

:)

DonnaH2, Jan 8, 2020

2. Turning off 2 step verification

Having recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 I was prompted to 2 step verification. the logic and reason is sound. However since doing this I cannot get into my hotmail.co.uk using my iPhone. I found a link to the
    solution when I removed the authenticator app on my phone. Only to find a similar issue dated 2013. I have logged in via my PC running Windows 10, my laptop running windows 7 Professional and an ipad going in via safari. NO WHERE is this option visible.

Turning off 2-Step Verification
    • In “Signing in & security” section of My Account, select 2-Step Verification. Sign in with your username, password, and verification
      code if asked.
    • Select Turn off 2-Step Verification.
    • A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select OK
    How can this be achieved. I use emails on my phone for work being self employed and it is causing me issues.

As this problem seems to have been around for a few years surely there must be a resolution now. I really do not want to have to drop my Hotmail account as it is widely known, but if no solution is available I will have no option.

Eric Castle, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Please help me turn off two-step verification - Similar Threads - Please help turn

2. two step verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  3. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  4. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to turn off the two step verification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off the two step verification?: Hi everyone, my problem is my account did not log into any browser or phone or anything else. But when I try to log in include in Microsoft Authenticator, I must fill in the code but I even do not log in Authenticator successfully. Can anyone help me please?* Moved from...
  6. How to turn off the two step verification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the two step verification?: Hi everyone, my problem is my account did not log into any browser or phone or anything else. But when I try to log in include in Microsoft Authenticator, I must fill in the code but I even do not log in Authenticator successfully. Can anyone help me please?* Moved from...
  7. two-step verification

two-step verification: I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the...
  8. Turn off two-step verification function is invalid

Turn off two-step verification function is invalid: I have turned off the account two-step verification, but account sign-in still need to verify my identity with security codes. I have read this article how-to-use-two-step-verification but it can't resolve my problem, I hope to disable two-step verification, only need input...
  9. Two step verification

Two step verification: When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No". But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose...
  10. Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification: How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification [img] Information Two-step verification uses two ways to verify your identity whenever you sign in to your Microsoft account: Your password An extra security code Two-step verification helps protect your...