Windows 10: Please help me with my PC

Discus and support Please help me with my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My updates will not install. I tried going into command prompt and doing the net stop commands and doing the .old rename and only 5 or 6 out of about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoctorSledge, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Please help me with my PC

My updates will not install. I tried going into command prompt and doing the net stop commands and doing the .old rename and only 5 or 6 out of about 11 or so downloaded. The main one that's causing me problems is Windows update 1903. I keeps failing after downloading and it won't allow the others to start. Does anybody know a way to stop this so the others can download or make it go through?

submitted by /u/DoctorSledge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DoctorSledge, Feb 15, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Please help me with my PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Please help me with my PC

1. Please help me with my PC - Similar Threads - Please help

2. Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, extremely urgent! I cannot log in with my “administrator” account(local). But...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lalilla90 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5g1oh/please_help_extremely_urgent_i_cannot_log_in_with/
  3. Hi, please help me find a software (if it exists)... PLEASE READ !!!

Hi, please help me find a software (if it exists)... PLEASE READ !!!: I am searching for a software that help me keep/store my project ideas (they are related to engineering, programming, tech etc); like a project ideas notebook maybe. It would be also helpful if they had support for blueprints etc stuff like that. Also I would like to link...
  4. Can't opt out of Insider Program, help, please?

Can't opt out of Insider Program, help, please?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panfinz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i58c71/cant_opt_out_of_insider_program_help_please/
  5. CPU usage at 100% at all times please help

CPU usage at 100% at all times please help: [ATTACH] Task Manager shows that my CPU is at 100% at all times even factory reseting my windows and wiping all the data off of my drives didnt help. On a fresh windows install i still get 100% usage.If i End Task on the App with the highest CPU usage than another running...
  6. My mic on my headset is not working. Please Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mic on my headset is not working. Please Help: My headset has a microphone, whenever i plug in the headset, the sound comes through the headset but the microphone isn't working, also whenever i go to sound settings the output device doesn't show my headset it only has 'Speakers RealtekR Audio, same goes for my microphone,...
  7. Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD

Please help with upgrading a laptop from HDD to SSD: Hello all, As per title please help if possible. I’ve not used windows aside from at work for over ten years. My partner’s grandfather has kindly gifted her a basic HP laptop. I have bought an 8Gb stick of ram which I have installed as it only had 4Gb before and from what we...
  8. Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power.

Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power.: Hello All, I am facing a unique problem. I have a Lenovo Laptop with i7 2.4GHz processor, 8GB DDR3 ram and 2 GB Nvidia graph card. Since two days, when I plug my laptop for charging the CPU speeds caps to 20%. When I use the laptop with battery power it works perfectly...
  9. Please help. Can't afford new laptop need to fix current. upgraded from 8 to 10

Please help. Can't afford new laptop need to fix current. upgraded from 8 to 10: Hey guys I really need some help. It's going to be a lil long, need to explain everything in detail so I'm sorry. I have an old HP ENVY 15 that seems to be getting an error message in CrystalDiskInfo in regards to C5 current pending sector count (please refer to picture 1)....
  10. Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help

Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help: I have the transparency effects turned on and even the registry value showblurbehind is set to 1. Still no blur on the action center, no blur on sidebars, no blur on the log on screen. Anyway to force the blur effects?? submitted by /u/cursedsoulofgods [link] [comments]...