Windows 10: PLEASE HELP Microphone not working

Discus and support PLEASE HELP Microphone not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My microphone has not been working for the past few days, and I'm getting pretty pissed. I've done device manager shit, I've installed and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wtaylor02, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP Microphone not working

My microphone has not been working for the past few days, and I'm getting pretty pissed. I've done device manager shit, I've installed and reinstalled various suggested drivers, and I've reset my pc numerous times to try and get my (functioning) mic working again. I've recovered my pc to restore points before there was an issue, and it worked! ...for maybe 5 min. Tonight I finally decided to just reinstall windows, assuming that whatever problem there was would be fixed, and it seemed like it was. I hopped in discord and talked with a friend until he mentioned there was some static on my end. I ended up unplugging my audio splitter, and when I plugged it back in I was gone again. I've used 3 different splitters, 2 mics, and I'm done. Nothing online is helpful, the only thing I know I can do is either reinstall windows again and never unplug (until something else inevitably happens) or do a complete wipe of my pc, which I really dont want to do. Please help if you have any ideas

submitted by /u/wtaylor02
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wtaylor02, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 24, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

PLEASE HELP Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP Microphone not working

1. PLEASE HELP Microphone not working - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP Microphone

2. Microphone won't work with RealtekR Audio driver. Please Help :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone won't work with RealtekR Audio driver. Please Help :: For reference, i'm currently running a Windows 10, with a GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 rev. 1.x motherboard, and have been for roughly the past year or so. But ever since the latest version of realtek has overtaken my audio systems, basically everything's been screwed. My computer...
  3. HELP ME PLEASE! Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP ME PLEASE! Microphone not working: I have a Blue Snowball microphone and it is plugged in red light is showing which is a good thing, however it is not showing up in device manager. The blue snowball uses a usb to plug in to the pc. Any help would be much appreciated!...
  4. HELP ME PLEASE! Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP ME PLEASE! Microphone not working: I have a Blue Snowball microphone and it is plugged in red light is showing which is a good thing, however it is not showing up in device manager. The blue snowball uses a usb to plug in to the pc. Any help would be much appreciated!...
  5. HELP ME PLEASE! Microphone not working

6. Please help! My microphone isn't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help! My microphone isn't working.: So whenever I try to record my voice it just doesn't work but when I'm on a call it works. Please help me with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-my-microphone-isnt-working/793d7c87-33b4-4c29-af6d-dd80901541c9
  7. Help! Microphone not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Microphone not working!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KARMAMANR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mg94yh/help_microphone_not_working/
  8. microphone problems please help

microphone problems please help: Recently out of nowhere, I lost connection to all my microphones steel series arctis 7, hyper x quad cast all are USB microphones. Still, for some reason, the only microphone working is my webcam microphone. When they just stopped working, they are just silent. The weird...
  9. Please help. Microphone suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help. Microphone suddenly stopped working.: So I had gaming session of dota2 with my friends last night chatting on discord. Turned off the pc and today when I turned on the pc to play dota 2 again, the mic wasn't working. It had been working well for the past year. Its not a problem with the headset as I tried it in...
  10. My microphone please help

My microphone please help: Hi,well very recently my mic does not get my voice anymore, I went to get some food and when i came back my mic wouldnt pick up my voice,I have tried anything,anything possible,control pannel,settings,but it doesnt let me set is as a default device,please help please,i have...