Windows 10: Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

Discus and support Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have everything turned off in ease of access so sticky keys are off. This is also a sowftware issue and not a hardware one as on the on screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrxbox98, Aug 9, 2019.

1. mrxbox98 Win User

Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

I have everything turned off in ease of access so sticky keys are off. This is also a sowftware issue and not a hardware one as on the on screen keyboard they downt display as pressed.

:)

mrxbox98, Aug 9, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 9, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

2nd external screen on Dell Latitude E7450 goes off when locking pressing Windows key and L

Hi Dave,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search
      box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would suggest you try changing the power plans and see if it helps. To select the power plans:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Change the settings as per your requirement.

Try to set the computer not to sleep and hibernate and see it works.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

1. Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed - Similar Threads - Please help control

2. Shift key are rapidly being pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key are rapidly being pressed: I woke up and went to work on my PC and then the shift keys were rapidly being pressed and it is a persistent issue that I haven't figured out yet and need help with. Also I have turned off sticky keys and attempted to hold down the shift keys for five seconds and fully...
  3. Shift key are rapidly being pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key are rapidly being pressed: I woke up and went to work on my PC and then the shift keys were rapidly being pressed and it is a persistent issue that I haven't figured out yet and need help with. Also I have turned off sticky keys and attempted to hold down the shift keys for five seconds and fully...
  4. My shift key isn’t registering that it’s being pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift key isn’t registering that it’s being pressed: Whenever I press my shift key it doesn’t capitalize letters or let me place symbols. I’ve tried keyboard cleaner and it didn’t help, if anyone can help me I’d appreciate it....
  5. Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help: Whenever I press any key on my keyboard it types something random like when I try to delete a word it places a new word I think it’s a virus and when I restart it it says someone is in my pc PLEASE HELP...
  6. Win10 recognizes random buttons being pressed on controller without doing something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 recognizes random buttons being pressed on controller without doing something: I have this Controller Pretty unknown, called ESM-9013, it functions wirelessly but has an USB receiver you have to plug into the PC. If I open any game while its connected and turned on, I just randomly move. Going into the dedicated gamepad-settings by typing "gamepad" into...
  7. PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/l_richa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkx0v7/please_help_my_control_key_is_acting_up/
  8. Ctrl key keeps being pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl key keeps being pressed: I have this issue since few days ago, but now has become much more severe. Basically after i log on to window the ctrl keys are presssed, as indicated by the on screen keyboard as shown in the attached picture. [IMG] i tried unplugging the keyboard and using another one...
  9. problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...

problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...: help pls quick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-random-windows-and-control-and-other/7f3a44dc-3005-46ef-867b-bc76ee3dab9b
  10. Help please - Marvell 9128 Disk Controller not being detected.

Help please - Marvell 9128 Disk Controller not being detected.: Hi, I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A UD7 Rev. 2 motherboard which has a Marvell 9128 SATA 3 disk controller on it. I have RAID setup on this controller and use it for XP and Win 7 x64. Windows 10 doesn't detect the controller during installation. If I try and install the...