Windows 10: Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

Discus and support Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have everything turned off in ease of access so sticky keys are off. This is also a sowftware issue and not a hardware one as on the on screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrxbox98, Aug 9, 2019.

1. mrxbox98 Win User

Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

I have everything turned off in ease of access so sticky keys are off. This is also a sowftware issue and not a hardware one as on the on screen keyboard they downt display as pressed.

:)

mrxbox98, Aug 9, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 9, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

2nd external screen on Dell Latitude E7450 goes off when locking pressing Windows key and L

Hi Dave,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search
      box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would suggest you try changing the power plans and see if it helps. To select the power plans:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Change the settings as per your requirement.

Try to set the computer not to sleep and hibernate and see it works.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed

1. Please help my control and windows key are being randomly pressed - Similar Threads - Please help control

2. problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with random windows and control and other key presses pls help cant type for more...: help pls quick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-random-windows-and-control-and-other/7f3a44dc-3005-46ef-867b-bc76ee3dab9b
  3. My phone is being hacked. Can u help please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My phone is being hacked. Can u help please: My android has been hacked. Tried factory reset. Tried deleting apps, new email. Apps wiggle. My previous phone did this so yesterday I bought a new phone. After a few hours the same thing happened. Pkease can you help...
  4. USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys

USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  5. usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

usb game controller's pressing keys in windows: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  6. Key-Press on my laptop are being repeated on their own.

Key-Press on my laptop are being repeated on their own.: Hi there, I hope you are doing well. Before I talk about my issue I want to provide some context. I have got a brand new Haier y11c laptop. The issue with this laptop is that whenever I try to write something either in the login screen or in a text editor, it replicates each...
  7. Help please - Marvell 9128 Disk Controller not being detected.

Help please - Marvell 9128 Disk Controller not being detected.: Hi, I have a Gigabyte GA-X58A UD7 Rev. 2 motherboard which has a Marvell 9128 SATA 3 disk controller on it. I have RAID setup on this controller and use it for XP and Win 7 x64. Windows 10 doesn't detect the controller during installation. If I try and install the...
  8. Random Restarts Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts Help Please: Hi there everyone, The past 3 days when i've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X and i've been away from my computer for a while i;ve noticed when i return that everything has closed and i'm back to the dekstop after a restart. It seems my computer randomly reboots...
  9. @ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    @ and " keys swapped on my son's account - please help!: Hi, newbie here, first time post. I am in UK, and have standard UK keyboard on my laptop, I've been using windows 10 fine, all keys on keyboard working as they should. However, I recently set up a separate log in for my son. Linked teh accounts with microsoft family...
  10. An alternative to the left control key please!

in Windows 10 Support
    An alternative to the left control key please!: I have a new HP Pavilion laptop - which so far has one flaw: there is no right hand control key... I am left handed and so I want to use a R/H control key when I want to select multiple non adjacent items from a list. I have tried to remap one of the keys to the right of my...