Windows 10: PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up

Discus and support PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/l_richa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkx0v7/please_help_my_control_key_is_acting_up/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/l_richa, May 16, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up

/u/l_richa, May 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 16, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 16, 2020
  4. PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up

ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 16, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up

1. PLEASE HELP! My control key is acting up - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP control

2. The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.: The keys are all functioning as things they're not supposed to function as. The spacebar acts as a volume up and tab key, when I watch videos, the volume up button rewinds, and the volume down button rewinds. Additionally, the enter button on the bottom right corner is...
  3. The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.: The keys are all functioning as things they're not supposed to function as. The spacebar acts as a volume up and tab key, when I watch videos, the volume up button rewinds, and the volume down button rewinds. Additionally, the enter button on the bottom right corner is...
  4. The keys on my Keyboard are acting up please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Xbox Controller is acting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox Controller is acting up.: I started playing Descenders from Microsoft Store on my PC and my Xbox Controller was connected by Bluetooth. But then sometimes the controls worked and then cut out, and it kept doing it. Also, when I was pairing my Controller by Bluetooth, the Xbox Logo on the Controller...
  6. My Xbox Controller is acting up.

My Xbox Controller is acting up.: I started playing Descenders from Microsoft Store on my PC and my Xbox Controller was connected by Bluetooth. But then sometimes the controls worked and then cut out, and it kept doing it. Also, when I was pairing my Controller by Bluetooth, the Xbox Logo on the Controller...
  7. Why is my controller acting up?

Why is my controller acting up?: I've been using my trusty Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via USB to play my favourite games. However, after upgrading to the new Windows 11, it seems like my controller has gone rogue and started pushing buttons on its own! I've tried to fix it by calibrating it in the...
  8. My control key is acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My control key is acting weird: Dear forum,I am recently having some troubles with my control key. It was working fine until after I cleaned my keybored, every control hotkey now does something different. Control 123 opens what ever in on the task bar rather than switching between pages on chrome. Ctrl c v...
  9. My control key is acting weird

My control key is acting weird: Dear forum,I am recently having some troubles with my control key. It was working fine until after I cleaned my keybored, every control hotkey now does something different. Control 123 opens what ever in on the task bar rather than switching between pages on chrome. Ctrl c v...
  10. My control key is acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization