Windows 10: Please help my Gmail is stuck.

Discus and support Please help my Gmail is stuck. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Gmail inbox appears to be stuck in Chrome and Edge. I can navigate to various labels and move inbox emails to labels but cannot open any emails in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kol12, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Please help my Gmail is stuck.

My Gmail inbox appears to be stuck in Chrome and Edge. I can navigate to various labels and move inbox emails to labels but cannot open any emails in the inbox. The weird thing is that it is the same in Microsoft Edge so doesn't appear to be a browser specific problem. I have never encountered this issue before, does anyone know what this is all about?

:)

Kol12, Jan 3, 2018

2. My Windows 10 Update is stuck, please help.

Hi Kristi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried to resolve the issue?

Let’s try the below methods and check.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update troubleshooter. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

1. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

2. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

3. Run the Windows update troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists then follow Method 2.

Method 2:

Please follow the below article on How do I reset Windows update components?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

The above link also applies to Windows 10.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry.

Refer to the following article for instructions on how to back up registry:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

The above link also applies to Windows 10.

Method 3: If the issue still persists, let us try to run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management command (DISM).

It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available.

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

4. To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jan 3, 2018
  3. My Windows 10 Update is stuck, please help.

The windows update will not follow through, at this moment it continues to be stuck at 0%. I see other people having similar issues. What can we do to resolve this problem. TIA

KristiSwisher22, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Kol12 Win User

It appears to be an issue with the account itself, the emails are frozen when logged on from a different PC also.

Kol12, Jan 3, 2018
  5. Kooz Win User
    I'm having the same issue. Gmail opens, emails won't open. They work on my iphone, but not from Chrome or Edge on either my desktop or laptop.

Kooz, Jan 3, 2018
  6. Kol12 Win User
    @Kooz wow really? Did this just happen to you recently like just today? This is totally weird..

Kol12, Jan 3, 2018
  7. Kooz Win User
    Yes, a couple hours ago. Figured it was my desktop. Checked my laptop and found the same issue. Another odd thing--I have a business gmail as well, and that works fine.

Kooz, Jan 3, 2018
  8. Kooz Win User

Even weirder--it just started working. Literally after that last post, I checked again and it worked. WTF is happening?

Kooz, Jan 3, 2018
  9. Kol12 Win User
    Hey me too! I'm on the chat to google support right now also!

Kol12, Jan 3, 2018
  10. Kooz Win User
    So strange. Please do share if they can give you an answer or a fix in case it happens again.

11. Kooz Win User
    Oh no, it's doing it again.

12. Kol12 Win User
    Well the Google support rep wasn't aware of the issue so I'm guessing this is a phenomenon that occurred just in the last hour, I'm surprised there aren't more reports. I guess I will make a report on the forum..

Kol12, Jan 3, 2018
  13. Kol12 Win User

Oh, mine still seems ok. I've never seen anything like this

Kol12, Jan 3, 2018
  14. Kol12 Win User
    Seems to be a few reports on the google help forum: Google Groups

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Please help my Gmail is stuck. - Similar Threads - Please help Gmail

2. My screen is stuck zoomed in and darker. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen is stuck zoomed in and darker. Please help.: I have a problem with my desktop, I know it's not my monitor cause I tried with a different PC and there wasn't this issue. The issue is my screen is weirdly zoomed in as well as darker than normal, with the screen being zoomed in I already tried turning off the magnifier and...
  3. My laptop gets stuck please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop gets stuck please help me: This morning when i powered up my laptop it load up like normal but when i tried to open ae application it would start opening then freeze eventually i manged to get back up of the data i want to save and started to reinstall win11 trying to start fresh but now its stuck at...
  4. My laptop gets stuck please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop gets stuck please help me: This morning when i powered up my laptop it load up like normal but when i tried to open ae application it would start opening then freeze eventually i manged to get back up of the data i want to save and started to reinstall win11 trying to start fresh but now its stuck at...
  5. Installation stuck my pc is frozen please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation stuck my pc is frozen please help: Somebody please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-stuck-my-pc-is-frozen-please-help/b04e41ce-2b73-4ff1-b8e2-04402f31d669
  6. Installation stuck my pc is frozen please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation stuck my pc is frozen please help: Somebody please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-stuck-my-pc-is-frozen-please-help/b04e41ce-2b73-4ff1-b8e2-04402f31d669
  7. Stuck. Please help.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck. Please help.: I am unable to enter safety mode because my laptop crashes every time I do that. I am unable to refresh or reset this laptop because the password is not working. How can I fix that?...
  8. PC Stuck, Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuck, Please help: [IMG]So I reset my pc due to it being laggy and not being reaponsive, Now I’m at the create a pin or something along those lines and nothing happens. It just stays loading I waited all night which was at least 12 hours and it was still loading. I tried again for the third...
  9. Gmail on Windows- please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gmail on Windows- please help: submitted by /u/HollisWhitney [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flyi2p/gmail_on_windows_please_help/
  10. My PC is stuck on a reboot loop - PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is stuck on a reboot loop - PLEASE HELP: So I stepped away from my desktop PC yesterday to get some air. On my return, I notice my PC had powered down. I assumed the electricity had tripped or something. (turns out it didn’t actually) so I tried to turn it Onala the motherboard and GPU lights came on for a few...