Windows 10: Please help! My memory spikes to 5000-7000 while running any program other than MSI...

Discus and support Please help! My memory spikes to 5000-7000 while running any program other than MSI... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PeanutCamera [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PeanutCamera, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Please help! My memory spikes to 5000-7000 while running any program other than MSI...

/u/PeanutCamera, Feb 14, 2021

2. Touchpad issues on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Since, the above steps did not help to fix the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to go to the below link, download the Synaptics Touchpad driver and install it in compatibility mode.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-7000/drivers

• Right-click on the Synaptics Touchpad driver setup file and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    If the issue still persist, I suggest you to contact to the computer manufacturer and check if they have released Synaptics Touchpad driver for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 14, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Please help! My memory spikes to 5000-7000 while running any program other than MSI...

Hd 5000

Hi Robin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We have tried to reproduce this issue. Drivers for HD 5000 are not available for Windows 10. So I recommend you to download the drivers and then try to install it in Windows 8 compatibility mode and check if it works.

You can refer to the below link to download.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-hd-5000

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Tenforo, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Please help! My memory spikes to 5000-7000 while running any program other than MSI...

1. Please help! My memory spikes to 5000-7000 while running any program other than MSI... - Similar Threads - Please help memory

2. Help please FILE NOT RUNNING HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please FILE NOT RUNNING HELP PLEASE: HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-file-not-running-help-please/5c73495d-ac8d-445b-8136-eeb0dbfb0958
  3. Is there any other software than utorrent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any other software than utorrent?: uTorrent is not a safe software for downloading movies. I searched for similar apps in Microsoft store but they aren't operable. They are too unstable to operate. Is there any other apps than utorrent to download movies and games?...
  4. CPU running hotter than usual while running any task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU running hotter than usual while running any task: Hi. I have an MSI GL63 laptop with i7 9750h and gtx 1660ti. The laptop has good thermals and I have undervolted it to -130mv using throttlestop. The game that I play most often is FIFA 19. Usually, while running this game with max fans the CPU temperatures used to stay under...
  5. Web Browsers are downloading everything slower than any other program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Browsers are downloading everything slower than any other program.: Not sure why, but for the past month my browser (Firefox Quantum) has been downloading everything way slower than on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, etc. I tried downloading Chrome and using another browser and they do the same thing. I'm really not sure what to try to do at this...
  6. BSOD while trying to run any video editing programs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD while trying to run any video editing programs.: Hello, Like the subject says I am running into freezes, bsod issues when trying to run any video editing programs. hitfilm expres, Davinci resolve the same code appears clock_watchdog_timeout. I was able to get a dump file and i will post the results. system specs i9...
  7. BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program

BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program: So I just ran verifier to check my drivers and got it to bluescreen right on startup. So I ran in safe mode and turned verifier off through an elevated command prompt. That's about as far as my computer savviness goes, I uploaded the recent "minidump" to my OneDrive hoping...
  8. Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...

Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...: 30 or 40% of my ram is being used for no reason if i'm staying on my desktop with all programs closed this is why my system is very slow , in much cases , and my specs are : i7 7500u 2.7 up to 3.5 ghz , nvidia 940mx gpu with 2gb , hdd 5400 rpm 1 tb . I using my laptop also...
  9. Defender Better than any other

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Better than any other: Do not recall where yet I read an article stating Defender should be THE one and only choice of anti-anything protection for Win10. Personally, I have McAfee Life Safe. I'm a ordinary occasional user but want what's best for my PC. I think the article stated the pumped up...
  10. Any help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any help please: I can`t open mypresentation. I`ve got windows 7 if it helps you anyhow. Here is the errortext. “PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by job.ppt” 39182