Windows 10: Please help! My passwords and PIN numbers stopped working on my Windows 8 Desktop!

Discus and support Please help! My passwords and PIN numbers stopped working on my Windows 8 Desktop! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to log on to my Windows 8 Desktop this morning. Before starting Windows, it prompted me for a password. But for the past few weeks, I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Todd Hamo, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Todd Hamo Win User

Please help! My passwords and PIN numbers stopped working on my Windows 8 Desktop!

I tried to log on to my Windows 8 Desktop this morning. Before starting Windows, it prompted me for a password. But for the past few weeks, I've been using a PIN number. Now, it won't accept my password and it won't accept my PIN number. It is telling me, "Go to account.live.com" to fix it. So, I went to account.live.com, and it displays my 2 Windows 10 laptops. But it does not display my Windows 8 Desktop. Have I made an error? What should I do? Have I possibly been hacked recently?

:)

Todd Hamo, Jun 24, 2022
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Jun 24, 2022
  3. ROCKIEBOW Win User
    SYNCING EMAILS AND FINDING LOST PIN NUMBER

I cant get my emails to sync because ive lost my 2 step pin number and my windows password doesn't seem to work,but my Microsoft passwords work ok .Any suggestions ?

ROCKIEBOW, Jun 24, 2022
  4. P4-630 Win User

Please help! My passwords and PIN numbers stopped working on my Windows 8 Desktop!

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Please help! My passwords and PIN numbers stopped working on my Windows 8 Desktop! - Similar Threads - Please help passwords

2. My pin and windows password not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pin and windows password not working: Hello, I need some help, my pin is not working pin no longer available due to a change to the security settings os this device and when I click set up pin it doesn't work either the user profile service failed the sign-in and my correct password is not working for my windows...
  3. My pin and windows password not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pin and windows password not working: Hello, I need some help, my pin is not working pin no longer available due to a change to the security settings os this device and when I click set up pin it doesn't work either the user profile service failed the sign-in and my correct password is not working for my windows...
  4. My pin and windows password not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!: Hi.I have been having issues with my Lenovo Y540 laptop for a few weeks. Its the keyboard. It stops working. First a few keys shuts down, half down work at all and then all of them stops working. When i go into a web browser it does commands instead. Like the W key shuts down...
  6. My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!

My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!: Hi.I have been having issues with my Lenovo Y540 laptop for a few weeks. Its the keyboard. It stops working. First a few keys shuts down, half down work at all and then all of them stops working. When i go into a web browser it does commands instead. Like the W key shuts down...
  7. Please help! My passwords and PIN numbers stopped working on my Windows 8 Desktop!

Please help! My passwords and PIN numbers stopped working on my Windows 8 Desktop!: I tried to log on to my Windows 8 Desktop this morning. Before starting Windows, it prompted me for a password. But for the past few weeks, I've been using a PIN number. Now, it won't accept my password and it won't accept my PIN number. It is telling me, "Go to...
  8. Getting on to my desktop, with no pin or password . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting on to my desktop, with no pin or password . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10I posted this the other day. But the answers I got, didn't work.I'd like to turn on my computer.And go right, to the desktop.This is what I was told, to do.To Disable PIN, Go to Start > Settings >Accounts > Sign in Option >...
  9. passwords and pin numbers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462
  10. passwords and pin numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462