Windows 10: Please help! My surface go has become a brick.

Discus and support Please help! My surface go has become a brick. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all! I was trying to decrypt my bit-locked C drive but the process went wrong. Now I cannot log into my windows. Worse still, the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by terence, Nov 21, 2019.

1. terence Win User

Please help! My surface go has become a brick.

Hello all! I was trying to decrypt my bit-locked C drive but the process went wrong. Now I cannot log into my windows. Worse still, the Windows installation media does not work either - my computer can be booted into the USB drive but it is stuck on a blank blue screen.

My Macrium Reflect recovery disk, which normally works, does not show the windows that allow me to recover a previous backup. I can use the command prompt tool that comes with the MR recovery disk, and I have formatted my C Drive. But there is a problem with my D drive, which is on a partition on the same SSD, and when I type the "D:" in the command prompt it just stops here.

Please help. Thank you.

I use Windows 10.

:)

terence, Nov 21, 2019
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Please help! My surface go has become a brick.

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Please help! My surface go has become a brick.

1. Please help! My surface go has become a brick. - Similar Threads - Please help surface

2. My system has windows 10 and system is going on BSOD . please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system has windows 10 and system is going on BSOD . please help: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8PClGGz_GWgTwA4qBCkl3sflMo?e=bPIFUpAbove link has dump file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-has-windows-10-and-system-is-going-on/08ac5f58-9e4e-41ce-b409-00829a9b8d35
  3. My system has windows 10 and system is going on BSOD . please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My system has windows 10 and system is going on BSOD . please help: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8PClGGz_GWgTwA4qBCkl3sflMo?e=bPIFUpAbove link has dump file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-has-windows-10-and-system-is-going-on/08ac5f58-9e4e-41ce-b409-00829a9b8d35
  4. Surface Laptop 2 bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 2 bricked: Background info:Hardware: Surface Laptop 2 8GB RAM Intel I5 modelSoftware: Windows 11 Pro Windows insider preview channelProblem:After shutting down my SL2 no new software installed and going to sleep, I wake up the next morning to turn on my SL2.Expected result:Boots into...
  5. My windows 10 may be bricked. please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 may be bricked. please help: So basically, i haven't updated my windows since mid 2019, so that is probably when the issues started. I cannot do software updates, download anything from microsoft store or perform any of the recovery options to reset/refresh my pc. I have tried several things, the...
  6. Bricked my Surface Pro?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bricked my Surface Pro?: I have a Surface Pro 7. I decided to change my PIN as I forgot both my PIN and my Password. I always use Windows Hello but for some reason it doesn't work sometimes and requires a PIN. Anyway, I changed my PIN successfully, and restarted my device. Now, I now cannot...
  7. Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.

Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.: I have had my Surface Go tablet for less than a year. In fact, I ordered it from Amazon on Mar. 20th of 2019 from a third party seller. Came in perfect condition with original packaging, I used it for work and recreational use for months. Bought keyboard and pen accessories....
  8. Please help me, it's basically bricked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me, it's basically bricked: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mayo0215 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2oy8m/please_help_me_its_basically_bricked/
  9. Windows update has bricked my computer! please help!

Windows update has bricked my computer! please help!: Hello! my computer was shut down and restarted so that it could update, before it was going to update it ran a disk check ect. afterwards when I booted up and logged in to windows, many of my programs were missing (steam games, unity, blender, ect.) and I was unable to give...
  10. My virtually bricked computer — please help

in Windows 10 Support
    My virtually bricked computer — please help: So, roughly 2.5 years ago, my Dell Inspiron n5050, which was on Windows 10 for about seven months, randomly incurred a Temporary Profile error, and I could not access my files. Fast forward to July of that same year, and I decided to use a YouTube video tutorial to try to...