Windows 10: Please Help my XPS 13 9360!

Discus and support Please Help my XPS 13 9360! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have scoured the interwebs to no avail. I'm distraught, and I don't know where else to turn! So I just purchased a used XPS 13 9360. The computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bisco711, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Please Help my XPS 13 9360!

I have scoured the interwebs to no avail. I'm distraught, and I don't know where else to turn!

So I just purchased a used XPS 13 9360. The computer was totally factory reset before acquisition. Aside from my several issues, this computer is gorgeous. I can only imagine how much I'd love it if I wasn't having these few problems...

• The time is off, always. Tried changing the internet time to time.nist.gov. No fix. Tried checking 'Set Time Automatically' and 'Set Time Zone Automatically' to no avail.
    • When I shut down the laptop, the fan continues to run on FULL BLAST. I literally click 'shut down', it goes through the shut down process and then goes black and the fan kicks on. This happens every time. The fan does not stop and the battery drains.
    • My microphone, when talking to people via Zoom or Google Duo will pick up some noise that the other person only hears when I talk. If I'm not talking, they can't hear it. I don't hear any of it, but they hear what sounds like a squeak or a high pitched drone.

These are the main three issues I'm having. The time is very annoying, but I can make do with that. Seems like many other people have had the same problem, but I have not found a fix. I have updated the BIOS to 2.14.2 and all other drivers that SupportAssist suggested. To the best of my knowledge, this laptop is up to date.

As for the fan, it's very very annoying. Thinking ahead, if I'm at a loud cafe or library and finish my work and close my laptop or shut it down and then toss it in my backpack, the fan will continue and next time I try and use it, the computer will be dead because the fan was running for 10 hours for no reason. I assume the temperature is fine because I cannot hear the fan at all during use. I only hear it during a shutdown when the lid is closed.

The squeak from the microphone when in use is bad because I'm a teacher and during Covid, I'd like to have that function working correctly so that my audience isn't focused on that noise, and instead on the content of the message.

Any and ALL help is much appreciated. I know you guys are wizards, please help me!

Thanks so much in advance.

submitted by /u/Bisco711
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bisco711, Nov 23, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue

Drivers- example:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...laptop/drivers

Note- I'm in the UK, so that's a UK site. You may wish to find one appropriate for you.

I searched for
    Dell XPS 13 9360 drivers

Hope that's of some help.

Please Help my XPS 13 9360! [​IMG]

These are different dates and versions:

Check these and try Test:

and check the volume mixer settings.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2020
  3. New XPS 13 9360 slow browsing

New XPS 13 9360 with Windows 10 Home very slow browsing both wireless and Ethernet. I've updating drivers, turned off McAfee Firewall and no help. My other devices work fine (in fact my old MacBook seems even a little faster). I'm getting really frustrated,
    especially after reading so many others complaining of same issues. Any suggestions? Thanks!

DEBORAHMILAN-NILER, Nov 23, 2020
  4. crionsynx Win User

Please Help my XPS 13 9360!

crionsynx, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Please Help my XPS 13 9360!

1. Please Help my XPS 13 9360! - Similar Threads - Please Help XPS

2. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360: Hello,I'm experiencing an unusual problem with audio on my DELL XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10 Pro, affecting streaming apps such as Spotify, YouTube, and Zoom. Audio playback randomly ceases—songs continue to play without sound, and videos proceed silently. For a few months,...
  3. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360: Hello,I'm experiencing an unusual problem with audio on my DELL XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10 Pro, affecting streaming apps such as Spotify, YouTube, and Zoom. Audio playback randomly ceases—songs continue to play without sound, and videos proceed silently. For a few months,...
  4. Intermittent Audio Issues Across Various Applications on DELL XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360: HiI have had my laptop BSOD on me every 2-3 days recently, usually when trying to wake it from sleep by opening the lid. I have collected the last few minidump files and put them here... https://we.tl/t-52LqXSC2u9Can anyone help me work out what is wrong?thanksmjf...
  6. Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 BSOD PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Dell XPS 13 9360: HiI have had my laptop BSOD on me every 2-3 days recently, usually when trying to wake it from sleep by opening the lid. I have collected the last few minidump files and put them here... https://we.tl/t-52LqXSC2u9Can anyone help me work out what is wrong?thanksmjf...
  7. Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue: I have a friend who has the above laptop and she is not able to get sound from the sound card. She installed what she thinks is the latest Realtek drivers. However I am confused as to some of the information listed on her system as to what is the real driver. 1. When I go to...
  8. Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built in Mic Dell XPS 13 9360: Hello, I have noticed that my built in Mic on my XPS seems to have very poor quality to the point that others cannot understand me when I am on a video call. The sound quality is fine when I use a headset. I have tried reinstalling the built in mic, updating drivers and...
  9. Big issue with my Dell Xps 13 9360? [Urgent]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Big issue with my Dell Xps 13 9360? [Urgent]: Ok, I need help on my dell. Last week, I was watching YouTube videos on my laptop, working perfectly, no issues. Next couple days, I opened my laptop and i saw a light blue screen, (not the blue screen of death). I held my power button down and restarted it. Once my laptop...
  10. Black Screen Dell XPS 9360

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Dell XPS 9360: Yesterday morning turned on XPS, appeared to be booting, keys back light and then it shut itself off. Sometimes stays on with only a black screen. Only had since January 27, 2018 and am super stressed that I cannot work. Yes, I have backed up the computer regularly, but this...