Windows 10: Please help, nothing getting laptop out of reboot loop. Need to rescue files.

Discus and support Please help, nothing getting laptop out of reboot loop. Need to rescue files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I've followed multiple steps to get out of a reboot loop. This is important to me as i have files I desperately want to save, otherwise I'd just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meekcrab, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Please help, nothing getting laptop out of reboot loop. Need to rescue files.

Hi. I've followed multiple steps to get out of a reboot loop. This is important to me as i have files I desperately want to save, otherwise I'd just buy a new laptop as ive been meaning to anyway.

Have followed every step in this this video, for the command props. didnt work. (Even says 0 files where the guy says it shouldn't look like that)

Windows 10, ASUS F510UA -AH51

Wont let me run in safe mode.

None of my restore points work.

Finally, it won't even let me reset the pc (i get the "no changes" error.)

I keep seeing some people in google search results suggesting using a usb to do a clean reinstall but that will wipe all files. Im just trying to save my files before dumping this thing in the trash. Please let me know if its possible before I go and waste more money trying to get it fixed only for them to tell my theyll have to wipe everything completely. Id much rathee just buy a new laptop if thats the case.

Thank you so much.

Edit: as for how it happened, the last thing I had downloaded was a game from steam. The last thing i had been doing was trying to allow local files onto spotify. I turned off my firewall for them to download (did nothing else during this time, it took only a few seconds) then turned it back on. I noticed my computer was slowing down more than it has been as of late, and trying to undo a stroke (drawing digitally) took over 10 seconds. I force shut down the laptop without thinking.

That was it. No sketchy sites or new downloads. I dont know what happened but i regret it so much as I already feel like my files are gone forever.

submitted by /u/meekcrab
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meekcrab, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 5, 2021
  4. HDDJ Win User

Please help, nothing getting laptop out of reboot loop. Need to rescue files.

Reboot looping

Hi,

My laptop asus stuck in reboot loop, then i restarting the laptop 4-5 time, it stating preparing repair windows, then it work until login interface and it stuck, not progressing to window page.is that harddisk problem?

I have reseating cmos battery plug it out for few minutes, then it start reboot looping again. Any other suggestion? I've done s.m.a.r.t check on harddisk, it say ok

HDDJ, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Please help, nothing getting laptop out of reboot loop. Need to rescue files.

1. Please help, nothing getting laptop out of reboot loop. Need to rescue files. - Similar Threads - Please help nothing

2. How do I get out of a reboot loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get out of a reboot loop?: I'm stuck in a reboot loop of "undoing changes made to your computer" and the BSOD. Is there any solution to this that doesn't require a data wipe or a USB?I'm unsure how to access the troubleshooting method so I'm currently stuck I think I've tried every key, there is also...
  3. How do I get out of a reboot loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get out of a reboot loop?: I'm stuck in a reboot loop of "undoing changes made to your computer" and the BSOD. Is there any solution to this that doesn't require a data wipe or a USB?I'm unsure how to access the troubleshooting method so I'm currently stuck I think I've tried every key, there is also...
  4. How do I get out of a reboot loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Please help nothing working nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help nothing working nothing: [IMG]help nothing working in my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-nothing-working-nothing/648fe6d7-2de9-4835-b79a-b95d24d22d8e
  6. My PC is stuck on a reboot loop - PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is stuck on a reboot loop - PLEASE HELP: So I stepped away from my desktop PC yesterday to get some air. On my return, I notice my PC had powered down. I assumed the electricity had tripped or something. (turns out it didn’t actually) so I tried to turn it Onala the motherboard and GPU lights came on for a few...
  7. Windows 10 reboot loop NEED HELP!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 reboot loop NEED HELP!!: My Windows 10 computer is in a reboot loop after I turned it off during an update. I need help to fix this please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reboot-loop-need-help/175f12ac-5749-4e73-8ccd-fb041fcb7d4e
  8. Windows 10 reboot loop need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 reboot loop need help: My Windows 10 computer is in a reboot loop after I turned it off during an update. I need help to fix this please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reboot-loop-need-help/96856020-8d5d-4104-bda1-b2666a862985
  9. Update Loop—Need Help Please

Update Loop—Need Help Please: My PC seems to be stuck in some kind of an update loop and I'm hoping someone can help. It (partially) installed the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 then indicated that it needed to be restarted to finish installing. When I restart, it hasn't installed the update....
  10. Reboot Loop help

Reboot Loop help: Hi, I'm experiencing some problems getting Windows 10 to boot correctly. The automatic repair does not work and it consistently takes me back to the "Your PC did not start correctly" screen. The only upgrade/install I have done recently was a GPU driver update yesterday....