Windows 10: Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished

Discus and support Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My documents, photos and folders were saved to the One Drive folder seemingly automatically without my consent even though they also appeared in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bohdana, Jun 28, 2020.

1. bohdana Win User

Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished

My documents, photos and folders were saved to the One Drive folder seemingly automatically without my consent even though they also appeared in my folders on my PC. I did not want to use cloud based storage. I would get messages to sign in to one drive but never did, still windows utilized it.

Today I transferred everything from One Drive to a folder on c drive, then unlinked the PC. All files, folders and photos were there & I was working on a document and saving the files to external storage. In a few minutes One Drive relinked itself to my PC. Many of files & photos disappeared. I have searched everywhere, my one drive online storage, recycle bin, user file. One folder is there but it is empty with all files gone.

I'm devastated as these were crucial files. I also have had no success with a document recovery program that searches my PC. Are these that the files are lost forever to the Microsoft cloud?

:)

bohdana, Jun 28, 2020

2. One Drive files are not in syunc with same file in document folder

I recently copied some specific files from document folder to one drive. Under settings for one drive I selected 'account' then clicked on 'choose files' and in pop up window clicked on 'files not in folders' and then clicked on 'ok'.

I updated a file in document folder but it did not sync up with the copy in one drive folder.

Have I missed a step?

camaro z28rebuild1970, Jun 28, 2020
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Please Help! One Drive documents, photos, and files vanished - Similar Threads - Please Help Drive

2. Missing photos and files in one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing photos and files in one drive: Hi there,I have realised that the photos I saved to my one drive a few years ago are no longer there. I have followed the advice and checked the vault and recycle bin and sync problems and the files are still not there. Please can someone help?Many thanks...
  3. Missing photos and files in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing photos and files in one drive: Hi there,I have realised that the photos I saved to my one drive a few years ago are no longer there. I have followed the advice and checked the vault and recycle bin and sync problems and the files are still not there. Please can someone help?Many thanks...
  4. One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!: Last update on Windows 11 I noticed that I no longer have library folders. They all are under OneDrive. Even on the work computer that I only want the one shared folder on. when I try to manually move them back it won't let me move so many of them. This happened on both my...
  5. One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!

One Drive Took all my Documents to One Drive Help!: Last update on Windows 11 I noticed that I no longer have library folders. They all are under OneDrive. Even on the work computer that I only want the one shared folder on. when I try to manually move them back it won't let me move so many of them. This happened on both my...
  6. Photos Vanish from One Drive

Photos Vanish from One Drive: I was organizing my photo albums, and suddenly one of them was empty. I noticed the same with a different photo album the other day. There weren't that many pictures in it, and I thought maybe I had been mistaken,But there's no mistaking the loss of photos from this...
  7. Photos Vanish from One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Vanish from One Drive: I was organizing my photo albums, and suddenly one of them was empty. I noticed the same with a different photo album the other day. There weren't that many pictures in it, and I thought maybe I had been mistaken,But there's no mistaking the loss of photos from this...
  8. One Drive help please...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive help please...: I've just subscribed to OneDrive and started uploading. I assumed it would upload them as they are on my phone - i.e. in specific folders, but it looks like I am getting one folder which is filling up with photos from all the individual ones? How can I start again and get a...
  9. ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALL FILES HAVE VANISHED PLEASE HELP: So I'm sitting here working along business as usual and I go to open a document and imagine my shock when the entire documents folder is empty. My desktop is blank except the recycle bin. EVERY folder in the entire C drive is 'empty'. The first thing I noticed was that my...
  10. One Drive help please

One Drive help please: My computer had Windows 10 and it crashed. Had to reinstall Windows and office etc back. I have a one drive account with a lot of photos and videos etc. Do I just go to Microsoft and redownload One Drive and it will keep my files I have previously stored? I am trying to...