Windows 10: Please help PC throttles like crazy on battery power high performance

Discus and support Please help PC throttles like crazy on battery power high performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi, I brought in my pc for repairing something on the battery yesterday and now i noticed that when i am on battery (good charge, on 90 80% etc), even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabgab, Feb 2, 2021.

1. gabgab Win User

Please help PC throttles like crazy on battery power high performance

hi,

I brought in my pc for repairing something on the battery yesterday and now i noticed that when i am on battery (good charge, on 90 80% etc), even if i am in high performance, the CPU is throttling like crazy.

to add: the battery is brand new GreenCell, and i just did a good charge on it.

when i gave them the PC this was not happening. high performance was fast, balanced balanced and power saving doing its thing. // this is only on battery ,on AC is good.

now regardless of what i do it's still throttling. with AC power on is perfect fast as a rocket.

things i tried already:

1. restart
    2. revert all power plans to default, then only balanced was left,
    3. created with command line high performance and power saver went OK
    4. checked minimum processor state in high performance and put it to 100%
    5. checked processes on task manager that have the flag Power Throttle and there's just system interrupts, nothing else
    6. checked BIOS and everything looks ok to me, i dont see an option for power throttling

can't remember what else there's to do, quite annoying. of course great battery now but is sloowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Laptop is ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ, upgraded with high performance 16 GB ram as well. Decent fast SSD.

Win 10
    20 H2 19042.746

can anyone help?

thanks,
    Gabrio

:)

gabgab, Feb 2, 2021
  2. mbass Win User

Prevent Cpu throttle on Battery

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Laptop by adding an SSD with windows 10 pro.

Now I noticed the computer throttles the cpu frequency whenever I'm on battery even on high performance profile.
    (In task manager I can see cpu frequency instantly dropping from 2.3-2.5 to 1.2 GHz as soone as I unplug the AC adapter).

The issue is not bios related and It does not happen on Ubuntu nor window 7( I mesured and the cpu frequency does not change when I unplug).

I tried the following:
    - High performance profile.
    - increased "minimum processor state" in power plan settings to 60% (https://i2.wp.com/www.techconsumergu...ng?w=452&ssl=1)
    - Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Power Throttling Settings and I Enabled the "turn off power throttling"

Still windows 10 throttles whenever I'm on battery.

Can someone suggest a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

mbass, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing Power Throttling in Windows 10

Source: Introducing Power Throttling - Windows Experience Blog

See also:

Brink, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Introducing Power Throttling in Windows 10

Source: Introducing Power Throttling - Windows Experience Blog

See also:

Brink, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Please help PC throttles like crazy on battery power high performance - Similar Threads - Please help throttles

2. PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode: The past 3 days my pc has been blue screening and crashing constantly, it all started when i installed modern warfare 3 for the first time and about 1 hour into the game my pc just shut off and since then i have been hit with constant freezing and bsods, i have reinstalled...
  3. PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bluescreens like crazy unless in power saver mode: The past 3 days my pc has been blue screening and crashing constantly, it all started when i installed modern warfare 3 for the first time and about 1 hour into the game my pc just shut off and since then i have been hit with constant freezing and bsods, i have reinstalled...
  4. High Performance Power Setting !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance Power Setting !: Hi again, I normally have my "Power option" set to "Balance" on my Windows 10 laptop. I have the laptop plugged in all the time so today I decided to try the "High performance" setting. I am now reading about the "Ultimate setting" which at the present time I don't appear to...
  5. High Performance Power Setting !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Performance Power Setting !: Hi again, I normally have my "Power option" set to "Balance" on my Windows 10 laptop. I have the laptop plugged in all the time so today I decided to try the "High performance" setting. I am now reading about the "Ultimate setting" which at the present time I don't appear to...
  6. High Performance Power Setting !

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Internet Throttling - Please Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Throttling - Please Help: Hi need help. I think my Asus FX505GE is broken. It's been throttling my internet connected via wi-fi from previously 300mbps to a mere 35mpbs now. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but it's been doing that for a while now. I have a 1Gbps package and my other connected...
  8. High performance power mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    High performance power mode: Hey so I want to use the high performance mode but I have some insecurities about it I'm kinda scared to use it since I don't wanna damage my pc does it affect the pc in any kind of way Specs i7 8700 3.20 ghz 16 ram ddr4 rtx 2060 6 gb motherboard : Gigabyte H310M H...
  9. My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance: Every 20 minutes my battery plan is switching to high performance. How can I resolve this issue? I am running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-power-plan-keeps-switching-to-high/4568dbfc-f893-4c89-808c-bb47430abdee
  10. CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU throttle, even on 'high performance' power plan: Hello tenforums! I have been having some really annoying performance problems after upgrading my laptop from win8 to win 10. My laptop is a asus ux32vd, with an Intel i7-3517U cpu.(normal core speed: 1.7ghz, turbo: 2.4ghz) CPU-Z is showing ~990mhz constantly, no matter...