Windows 10: PLEASE HELP push button reset undo

Discus and support PLEASE HELP push button reset undo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apparently I initiated a push button reset accidentally and now all off the files from my desktop are gone! How can I get them back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by douglaskorensky, Mar 2, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP push button reset undo

Apparently I initiated a push button reset accidentally and now all off the files from my desktop are gone! How can I get them back?

:)

douglaskorensky, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Fafaxx Win User

Push button reset

Hello,

I'm working for a project where we want to customize Win10 and retain the customization after a Push Button Reset.

I was able to create a ppkg package with scanstate to retain apps.

We would like to find a way to retain some user settings as well like favorites and background. I was customizing the Administrator account and using the copy profile in the unattend.xml. This works fine for initial deployment. So I thought that I would scanstate the Administrator profile and run loadstate with Push Button Reset as well. The resetconfig.xml located in C:\recovery\oem point to an enablecustomization.cmd.

"%TARGETOSDRIVE%\Recovery\OEM\usmt10\loadstate.exe" "%TARGETOSDRIVE%\Recovery\OEM" /c
    copy "%TARGETOSDRIVE%\Recovery\OEM\Unattend.xml" "%TARGETOS%\Panther\Unattend.xml" /y
    copy "%TARGETOSDRIVE%\Recovery\OEM\Startmenu.xml" "%TARGETOSDRIVE%\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\LayoutModification.xml" /y

The usmt.mig file is in C:\recovery\oem\usmt

After Push Button Reset is finished. I can create a new account and see that the startmenu and applications are retained. However not the profile. Setupact.log. I see that it runs loadstate and a few lines below there is an error code 36. According to docs.microsoft.com, error code 36 means USMT_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_PLATFORM

Maybe loadstate cannot be run in this environment during setup. Do I have other option to retain settings after Push Button Reset?

Thanks,

Edy

Fafaxx, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Fafaxx Win User
    Push button reset

Thanks Kari - Is it possible to use this recovery partition with Push Button Reset too? About the boot menu, does it start Windows 10 after a certain time automatically or will the user need to select the startup partition each time?

Fafaxx, Mar 2, 2020
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

PLEASE HELP push button reset undo

Push button reset

Push button reset partition was just found on my win10 pro machine.
    google search revealed it was seemly an updated version of a restore point.
    it takes up 4.2 gigs of the 16 gig partition.
    Instructions in its use are sadly lacking.
    Anyone have any experience with this ?

thomaseg1, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP push button reset undo

1. PLEASE HELP push button reset undo - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP push

2. Windows button constantly pushed but not physically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button constantly pushed but not physically: I tried checking OSK.exe, reinstalling the drivers. Still not working...Foor example whenever I press "e" it opens file explorer.Another example is when I press "esc" it writes "q", I really have no idea what to do....
  3. Windows button constantly pushed but not physically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button constantly pushed but not physically: I tried checking OSK.exe, reinstalling the drivers. Still not working...Foor example whenever I press "e" it opens file explorer.Another example is when I press "esc" it writes "q", I really have no idea what to do....
  4. Windows button constantly pushed but not physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Undo a Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undo a Windows Reset: So I was having issues with Windows and thought that resetting it would fix my problem. Of course I want to keep all my files so I choose that option in the recovery page in settings. I select "Yes" I would like to restore apps and settings. I do the reset, and all of my...
  6. Help undo/reset encryption cert creation in windows 10 please :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help undo/reset encryption cert creation in windows 10 please :): In windows 10 I right clicked a folder, then clicked advanced, then selected “encrypt contents to secure data”, then applied to folder and sub folders. I then Went through the create a certificate process and gave a password. But this was all just a test, so my password...
  7. Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.: I used the following commands I found online (at this link) to disable Windows Security but it is causing issues after the most recent Windows update. How do I reverse these commands and get Windows Security back to normal? In the command prompt, type: reg add...
  8. Push button reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Push button reset: Push button reset partition was just found on my win10 pro machine. google search revealed it was seemly an updated version of a restore point. it takes up 4.2 gigs of the 16 gig partition. Instructions in its use are sadly lacking. Anyone have any experience with this ? 130022
  9. Push button reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Push button reset: Hello, I'm working for a project where we want to customize Win10 and retain the customization after a Push Button Reset. I was able to create a ppkg package with scanstate to retain apps. We would like to find a way to retain some user settings as well like favorites and...
  10. Please Help To Undo PowerShell Operation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help To Undo PowerShell Operation.: Hello, So I have 51GB .eappx file that needed to be decrypt-ed. I launched powershell and put in the command line Add-appxpackage "File location here".eappx I had to run powershell as admin to properly execute the operation but I did not. It said Deployment...