Windows 10: PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am super frustrated and about to throw the laptop out the window and go buy Apple instead. I am just about done with Microsoft. I initially set-up... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Micah and MichelleClark, Oct 29, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account

I am super frustrated and about to throw the laptop out the window and go buy Apple instead. I am just about done with Microsoft.

I initially set-up my daughter's laptop Dell Inspiron 14-5000 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop i3 with screen time, but would now like to remove it. On my family account setting all switches for screen time or app time have been disabled but she still receives alerts and count down warnings her time is up.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Furthermore, even as a work around, she can't click on the REQUEST MORE TIME button, because all of a sudden it doesn't appear?! Pictures attached.

We've checked that the software is up to date. Also image attached showing "you're up to date"

What do I do next? How do I even restore factory settings on the laptop? Would that fix it?

Thanks.PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account [​IMG]PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account [​IMG]

PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account [​IMG]

PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account 8e2299f5-b1ff-4b00-90ec-079c51f0f9c3?upload=true.jpg PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account a0060fb9-164b-432d-82b9-acf509388450?upload=true.jpg

:)

Micah and MichelleClark, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account

1. PLEASE HELP!! Removing screen time from Family Account - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP Removing

2. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  3. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  4. Unable to remove account from microsoft family as family organizer.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to remove account from microsoft family as family organizer.: I have two accounts in a Microsoft family, one as the organizer and the other with no permissions. I'm signed in to the organizer account to remove the other and it says that I can't because "Only the adult that granted consent for ______ can remove this family member. Ask...
  5. Unable to remove account from microsoft family as family organizer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove account from microsoft family as family organizer.: I have two accounts in a Microsoft family, one as the organizer and the other with no permissions. I'm signed in to the organizer account to remove the other and it says that I can't because "Only the adult that granted consent for ______ can remove this family member. Ask...
  6. Unable to remove account from microsoft family as family organizer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Account removed from Microsoft family but still has screen time limit?

Account removed from Microsoft family but still has screen time limit?: I have removed my account from my Microsoft family as I am moving away but the computer still has the screen time limit imposed by the Microsoft family screen time limiter....
  8. Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removed family accounts but still has the screen time limit: I created another Microsoft account and made a family group with my main account, then I limited my screen time and disbanded the family group. Now I have a screen limit but I can't cancel it because there is no longer a family group. What should I do ?...
  9. Remove Family Safety Please!!

Remove Family Safety Please!!: As YouTuber and potential Twitch streamer, family safety is getting in my way every time, when I record, a notification pops up and says "You have 15 minutes left of Google Chrome" and it messes up my whole video. I also don't have any time to edit my vids. I feel like Family...
  10. Help removing family account thats not mine

Help removing family account thats not mine: Long story short, I have my friends Microsoft account stuck on my PC after trying to play for him in a video game. Any time I try to open chrome, it asks me to "email an adult" and I can't remove the account because my friends account is set as a child account. Is there any...