Windows 10: PLEASE HELP!! So my PC keeps saying this?!?! How do I connect to Wi-Fi? I have a Ethernet...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!! So my PC keeps saying this?!?! How do I connect to Wi-Fi? I have a Ethernet... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Xbox-Constrikt [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xbox-Constrikt, Oct 21, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP!! So my PC keeps saying this?!?! How do I connect to Wi-Fi? I have a Ethernet...

/u/Xbox-Constrikt, Oct 21, 2020

2. Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Dumazi Win User
    Wi-Fi, Ethernet, WinAudio fail to start on boot

I posted this on the Microsoft Community Help board and got little to no attention from the support engineers. Hopefully someone here can help.

I am having a recent problem with Windows 10. I have been running Windows 10 Home Edition from an on-line upgrade on my Lenovo Y510P for months with no issues. About a week ago, I started noticing that after a restart, my system tray icons for Audio and Network (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet) would start out fine but about half-way through the start up process would become marked with a red X or a warning yellow triangle with an exclamation point.

The Audio can be restarted either by running the trouble shooter or turning on the WinAudio service. The Ethernet actually works just fine but the yellow triangle warning icon persists and claims to either be constantly identifying the network or displays that the connection is unknown. Running the trouble shooter finds no problems. The Wi-Fi system tray icon appears with it's obligatory warning triangle and the Wi-Fi will connect to a known network if in range, but there is no Wi-Fi Icon in the Action Center, and no Wi-Fi entry in the Network & Internet Settings list either.

If you list the adapters in Network Connections, the Wi-Fi does appear and you can access the properties for the adapter, but if you try to select connect/disconnect from the context sensitive menu, it does not open a list of locally available networks, instead you are taken back to the All Settings Screen. Likewise if you run the trouble shooter on the Wi-Fi adapter when away from a known local Wi-Fi network, the troubleshooter tells you to pick a network from a list. When you click on the link, you are not taken to a list of networks, but rather back to the All Settings screen.

I have updated the drivers for the audio and both network adapters, The device manager claims all devices are operating appropriately. Malwarebytes reveals nothing.

I suspected the problem might be related shared service dependencies, but the problem persists through a clean boot in which both services and start-up items were tested. Neither a system scan nor a DISM repair revealed any corrupt system files.

I did notice that if I click on the "connect to the internet" icon on the log in screen, I do get a list of the dozen or so available Wi-Fi networks in my immediate vicinity. I can not see that list anywhere once I log into Windows 10 proper.

I created installation media (burned the Win 10 .ISO to a DVD) and performed a reinstall of Windows 10 which allowed me to keep my installed apps. I'm guessing both this and the basic system refresh maintain many settings and registry entries that are likely the source of my problem. Reinstalling Windows 10 did not resolve my issues.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Dumazi, Oct 21, 2020
  4. lasot Win User

PLEASE HELP!! So my PC keeps saying this?!?! How do I connect to Wi-Fi? I have a Ethernet...

How to indicate wi-fi connection on taskbar/desktop with ethernet on

Using 'Select which icons appear...' I'm only able to toggle this one network icon. And it switches from wired to wireless, depending on whether the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Of course, the info is there, I just got used to not having to click on the icon. I always just looked at the corner of the screen every few minutes to make sure the wi-fi was still connected and ready in case my wired connection failed.

It's just strange for me that in the same scenario (ethernet connection + wi-fi active), Windows 7 would show the wireless icon (and it wasn't possible to change it either AFAIK), and Windows 10 shows the other one *sarc

Oh well, it's not the end of the world if it's impossible to change it, but any other suggestions on how to display the wi-fi state on the taskbar (or desktop) are still welcome.

lasot, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP!! So my PC keeps saying this?!?! How do I connect to Wi-Fi? I have a Ethernet...

1. PLEASE HELP!! So my PC keeps saying this?!?! How do I connect to Wi-Fi? I have a Ethernet... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP keeps

2. I have no option to connect to Wi-Fi. It says not connecting to network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no option to connect to Wi-Fi. It says not connecting to network adapter: My “IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz” is not working which is causing me to not connect to Wi-Fi or giving me the option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-option-to-connect-to-wi-fi-it-says-not/62380c39-9c31-4d11-9fc8-c64f3b273a20
  3. I have no option to connect to Wi-Fi. It says not connecting to network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have no option to connect to Wi-Fi. It says not connecting to network adapter: My “IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz” is not working which is causing me to not connect to Wi-Fi or giving me the option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-option-to-connect-to-wi-fi-it-says-not/62380c39-9c31-4d11-9fc8-c64f3b273a20
  4. How do i connect to wi-fi?

How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  5. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  6. Wi-fi fine, but not so with Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi fine, but not so with Ethernet: Hi,For the last week and a bit I have been having trouble accessing sites, or even having the internet connected via ethernet cabling.I have changed the cables over three times for new ones, with no resultant change.The PC works fine when wi-fi is enabled strangely. Same...
  7. Wi-fi fine, but not so with Ethernet

Wi-fi fine, but not so with Ethernet: Hi,For the last week and a bit I have been having trouble accessing sites, or even having the internet connected via ethernet cabling.I have changed the cables over three times for new ones, with no resultant change.The PC works fine when wi-fi is enabled strangely. Same...
  8. Wi-fi fine, but not so with Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connected but not Wi-Fi: Hi there I have an Ethernet cable attached to my PC but also want the Wi-Fi connected too as a back etc. but every time I Connect to Wi-Fi it says unable to connect to network. Now the Ethernet is connected no problem and my wife's computer is connected to Wi-Fi no issues,...
  10. Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I keep losing my wi-fi connection?: I keep losing my internet connection via wi-fi. I have to reboot my computer to get the internet to work several times a week! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-losing-my-wi-fi-connection/dfabee13-7a56-4c3b-9e58-d65e924fe4de

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wjdows “no internet open” wifi is active