Windows 10: Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds...

Discus and support Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Like i wasn't even on the computer for 2 days intill yesderday when i was typing "1 and q" It repeats the same letters like "11 and qqqqq" Even the "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayboiHc, Dec 2, 2019.

1. JayboiHc Win User

Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds...

Like i wasn't even on the computer for 2 days intill yesderday when i was typing "1 and q" It repeats the same letters like "11 and qqqqq" Even the " `` " Under the esc, and sometimes those letters cut off for a few seconds meaning i cannot type those letters. Like how am i suppose to play the games like this? Or do other stuff. I need help!! Like i have tried everything like "Device driver" and "Keyboard" And nothing seems to work. It acts like it was fixed sometimes but later, i still got the same thing. I need help.

:)

JayboiHc, Dec 2, 2019
  2. moskal91 Win User

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds...

Backspace or double letter,number has a 2 second pause

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to use another keyboard and check if the issue still persist.

Let’s try some basic troubleshooting methods and check if it helps. Follow the methods provided below:

Method 1: Hardware and Sound troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run Hardware and Sound troubleshooter
    and check.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to update your keyboard drivers and check.

Method 2: Update keyboard drivers.

Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Click on Keyboards.

• Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds...

1. Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds... - Similar Threads - Please help Sometimes

2. If I leave it for few seconds it will turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I leave it for few seconds it will turn off: Hello I have a problem with my device surface pro7, if I leave it for few seconds it will turn off, and never go to sleep mode anymore even if I close the cover the keyboard I did a reset and formatting the hardware but nothing changes...
  3. If I leave it for few seconds it will turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I leave it for few seconds it will turn off: Hello I have a problem with my device surface pro7, if I leave it for few seconds it will turn off, and never go to sleep mode anymore even if I close the cover the keyboard I did a reset and formatting the hardware but nothing changes...
  4. Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds: Hi, My integrated webcam kept turning itself off after a few seconds, coming back on, turning off again after 2 seconds etc I decided to get just to get a new webcam and plug it in via USB but the exact same thing is happening with the new webcam as well so the problem...
  5. "Q", "1", "Tab", and "`" Keys Only Work Sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Q", "1", "Tab", and "`" Keys Only Work Sometimes: The "Q", "1", "Tab", and "`" keys will sometimes not work and then start working again. I tried the keyboard troubleshooter, but it did not find a problem. When the keys are working, I might press any one of those keys once, and it will register as two clicks on the laptop. I...
  6. letter *o* is not working on my keyboard please help

letter *o* is not working on my keyboard please help: letter *o* is not working on my keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/letter-o-is-not-working-on-my-keyboard-please-help/5cd93883-162a-4a8b-b811-6fd4c5d17848
  7. Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help. Sometimes the letters on the keyboard " ` 1 and q" Turns off for a few seconds...: Like i wasn't even on the computer for 2 days intill yesderday when i was typing "1 and q" It repeats the same letters like "11 and qqqqq" Even the " `` " Under the esc, and sometimes those letters cut off for a few seconds meaning i cannot type those letters. Like how am i...
  8. Bluetooth mouse turns on for a few seconds, then turns off.

Bluetooth mouse turns on for a few seconds, then turns off.: So, I got a Gearhead bluetooth mouse like a year ago, (Model Number: MPT3200RED) and it worked fine when I first got it, like a standard mouse. And when I turned it on, it stayed on. A few weeks ago, my friend got me a game, and it's best played w/mouse, so I got my mouse and...
  9. keyboard letters sometimes change

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard letters sometimes change: The last few months it occurred a few times that suddenly some keyboard letters or numbers changed. After a restart everything was back to normal. Not really a big problem, but I am wondering what could be a possible cause. 74735
  10. Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar thumbnails turn off after 1 second: I keep several programs active most of the time. This is indicated by a bar under the icon. Mousing the icon of the currently open program window shows a thumbnail view of the current window(s), which stays visible until moving away. However, mousing the other icons shows a...