Windows 10: Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ??

Discus and support Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having some problems getting the file sharing to connect between a Win10 Pro laptop & a few Win10 Home pc's. The strange thing is I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steven RC 78, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ??

Hi, I'm having some problems getting the file sharing to connect between a Win10 Pro laptop & a few Win10 Home pc's.

The strange thing is I can connect from all 3 of the Win10 Home pc's to the Win10 Pro laptop but can't connect from the Win10 Pro laptop to the Win 10 Home pc's . All 3 Win10 home pc's have no issue's with file sharing between them.

So far I have tried

1: setting all pc's to static ip's

2: setting all pc's to dynamic ip's

3: making sure all are set to private network not public

4: making sure Function Discovery Resource Publication and Function Discovery Provider Host are started & set to automatically start on startup

5: I even tried doing a Reset this PC to blank the SSD & reinstall a fresh copy of 1809 on the problem Win10 pro laptop

All of the system's are full updated 1809 Win10 home pc's expect for the laptop which is full updated fresh install of 1809 Win10 pro & all of the pc's have different user names & passwords. Also two of the 4 system are wifi & 2 are hard wired ethernet.

Has anyone help me with something else to try or more info to fix this strange problem ?

Thanks in Advance

Steven

:)

Steven RC 78, Feb 23, 2019

2. Remote Desktop Connection to System 7 Pro strange problem

Strange problem... 3 computers networked: a desktop PC [Asus M32BF - Windows 10 Home], a laptop [Lenovo B575 - System 7.0 Pro] and a trusty old desktop PC [Dell-D3000 - Windows XP Pro] running as a file server/backup.

Using Remote Desktop Connection, I can connect from all computers to the others EXCEPT from the Win10 PC to the Sys7.0 laptop I have tried disabling the firewalls but no help there. Also, file sharing works in all directions as well - 'Network' shows all 3 online.

I'm baffled - can anyone help or suggest some troubleshooting tips? Thanks much in advance - I appreciate it.

John VanMunster, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Mystere Win User
    What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Feb 23, 2019
  4. crtecha Win User

Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ??

HELP!! Network problem

Setting up the Zyxel P330W router as a wireless bridge

This may help its a guide on connecting to a WRT54g. I think if you configure it to these steps it should work. If not let me know. Ill email my buddy who knows a lot about Apple/windows based networking.

crtecha, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ??

1. Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ?? - Similar Threads - Please Help strange

2. Network drivers problem , please help !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network drivers problem , please help !!: Currently I'm using windows 10 pro on my hp x360 pavilion laptop , yesterday I found that my wifi was not working....I checked the driverIt was showing that wifi adapter aren't working .It's saying to reconnect hardware with computer.......I did everything , updation is...
  3. Network problems please help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problems please help me: So recently I had multiple problems with my pc network,here its all I know: -i have 2 routers one getting netowork from the provider and the other one from the routermy pc is connected to the router connected to the other router -So sometimes almost every day my pc...
  4. Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!: Everytime I load Into my computer my network adapter is not showing up. I have to physically reinstall it in my pc, scan for hardware changes in device manager, and reset my PC. This really annoying and Im also worried about wearing down the gold on the pci-e submitted by...
  5. a strange network problem

a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  6. a strange network problem

in Windows 10 Support
    a strange network problem: I ran into a problem last week with my network radio app. My network is sharing a remote router signal. I have a Ubiquiti PBE-M2 400 connecting wirelessly to the remote router. It is connected via ethernet to my wifi router. When I login to the PBE thru my router wifi with my...
  7. Network problems with Win10 Pro

Network problems with Win10 Pro: Hi, experts of MS! I suffer! Since two or three months I try to detect why my home-network is unstable. I am operating three computers in a home-network. From time to time the connection between all of them is working well. But suddenly one or all of the connections get...
  8. strange network problem

strange network problem: having changed location to a small office after having a talktalk connection which worked OK. I am now connected 4 PCs through a Switch and shared a printer without any problems as the Internet was from a Public connection in the same building each machine having its own wifi...
  9. Network Samba Problems Please Help

Network Samba Problems Please Help: ok here is my situation. I reformatted clean install on my desktop. Had some hiccups but everything ok. I use in the living room this streaming box from element company,love this box. Anyway after i share with everyone this folder for movies, everything was working great with...
  10. Help with a strange problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a strange problem: Hi everyone, I have this problem: [img=http://s14.postimg.org/6vteszwf1/Info.jpg] This situation is similar, but to me doubled the directory “downloads” [Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer - AskVG The error was caused today,...