Windows 10: Please help streamline Windows 10. Need the garbage out!

Discus and support Please help streamline Windows 10. Need the garbage out! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; New to this forum and Windows 10. Previously used XP and Linux. Any windows OS after XP is brand new to me, so please bear with me. I've already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 1Mythical1, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Please help streamline Windows 10. Need the garbage out!

New to this forum and Windows 10. Previously used XP and Linux. Any windows OS after XP is brand new to me, so please bear with me.

I've already removed several apps in add/remove programs. I've also uninstalled several with PowerShell. McAffe, Word, People, Camera, XBox, Store, and all the obvious junk has been removed.

My memory usage is still a ridiculous 37% when the system is idle and the network is turned off.

Is there a list of services, apps, or other things I can remove/disable to get the unnecessary junk out of this OS and free up my resources?

My computer usage is basic. I run E*Trade Pro, browse the internet, play games that are not demanding on my system, basic document writing and printing.

My computer usage didn't intensify over the years since XP, so all I really want is a machine that functions like XP. Things I want, I install. Not liking the multitude of (money sucking, privacy violating) programs that are lurking behind the scenes here.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

1Mythical1, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Please help streamline Windows 10. Need the garbage out!

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Please help streamline Windows 10. Need the garbage out!

1. Please help streamline Windows 10. Need the garbage out! - Similar Threads - Please help streamline

2. Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please: Good Day guys,I recently updated to windows 11 from windows 10 home then suddenly started getting errors when playing games or heavy loaded media. My mouse then skips and disappears and then reappears and you also hear the sound when you first plug in your mouse to the usb...
  3. Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows 10 - Need help please: Good Day guys,I recently updated to windows 11 from windows 10 home then suddenly started getting errors when playing games or heavy loaded media. My mouse then skips and disappears and then reappears and you also hear the sound when you first plug in your mouse to the usb...
  4. THE GARBAGE THAT IS WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    THE GARBAGE THAT IS WINDOWS 10!: Microsoft is absolutely trash, It is impossible to upgrade or download new updates, Microsoft is now on a level 3 technician. These people refuse to just simply google the issue and have been trying to get this BS fixed for 2 weeks now. Others have found a solution online...
  5. Need help please!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help please!: So unfortunately for me i was watching a movie last night when it said my internet connection has stopped and error etc... which is now working and fixed but i experienced a issue when my internet cut out at that time, my pictures/videos and settings and mail were all...
  6. I need to streamline Windows 10 as much as possible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to streamline Windows 10 as much as possible: I am forced to run Windows 10 for Uni thus I am running it in a VM, unfortunately it runs very slow, I would like to disable everything that is not crucial to the operating system running. this is features like Cortana, Windows Store and unnecessary services like Windows...
  7. Need help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help please: So yesterday i updated my win10 and every time before a update it start lagging and going all robot mode with me. It always ends after the update. But today ir happened 3 times and the one way to fix it temporarily is to shut it down, it doesn't even wanna go down itself i...
  8. Windows 10 is garbage.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is garbage.: Windows 10 is the worst OS. I have been using Windows since version 3 and was using version 7. I have had nothing but problems with 10 and the display changes and new formats are garbage. Is there any chance of making 7 compatible with new chips or will we have to go to...
  9. windows 10 is garbage

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 is garbage: I spent MORE TIME FIXING it then I do using it. look. I understand you have to justify your expensive college education by randomly making more and more useless operating systems - I'm sorry Ill never understand how " hard " it is to plug away at computer code - what the...
  10. need help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help please: I can't download battle net app on my pc to play blizzard games it wont even download it says on 1 or 2 percent and doesn't go up ugh please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-please/85742886-788d-4482-ba68-682a568b0dae