Windows 10: PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10

Discus and support PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My Rocket League save file was corrupted I pulled the plug duringshutdown while RL was running because I was angry :P and now my playtime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mythic017, Mar 31, 2021.

1. mythic017 Win User

PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Hello,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]My Rocket League save file was corrupted I pulled the plug duringshutdown while RL was running because I was angry PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 :p and now my playtime isgone. Just my items and level were still there as those are stored on the gamesserver. I realised that I had luckily created a System Restore and I couldrestore my old save file. However I tried and I was thrown with this error:[/COLOR]

PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 bcaea7f5-19f2-44c1-9947-c0921fb22940?upload=true.png

I then tried to run it in safe mode and in the RE but:

PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 3fe1ff32-7322-461e-9cc0-15b7cb6435e2?upload=true.png

I then ran cipher /u and /n. It told me that there were a bunch ofencrypted files in a folder called "Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame.....".Upon closer inspection I found most files with a padlock on them. I also foundForza Horizon 4.exe in there. I deleted Forza 4 through uninstall a programand the folder vanished and was empty. This folder was also located in the"WindowsApps" that I could not access. I ran cipher again after this and no encrypted files were found. I tried System Restore againnormally and in RE and got the same 2 errors. I just want my old RL save fileback.

Sidenote: I also used this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRUXQz5ygc&t video a fewweeks ago to convert my drive from MBR to GPT and my BIOS from Legacy to UEFI.It worked and now I have a new drive called System Reserve D. I click on it butthere is nothing in it. I don't know if it is related to this issue or not butI thought that I would mention it. I did this before I created a System Restorepoint

Some more pictures if it helps with my issue:

PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 0f9da0b5-14fe-48d7-8f11-640da090b427?upload=true.png

PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 a10bd806-5cc8-477b-ba51-b9f536cd7fd9?upload=true.png

Thanks

:)

mythic017, Mar 31, 2021

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 31, 2021
  4. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 [​IMG]

Thema:

1. PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP System

2. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  3. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  4. System Restore not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore not working?: Most of my drives were deleted/disappeared for some reason. I've tried everything but nothing would work. So I just decided to System Restore, but the drives I want it to restore cannot be restored because it's deleted. And I want to bring it back by restoring it. Any help?...
  5. Windows 10 system restore HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 system restore HELP: Was updating windows 10, and it froze at the circling dots. Tried everything. Now I'm doing a system restore, and the box showing the Restoring files with the green bar that keeps sliding has shown up. The green slider keeps moving tho, lile it's not frozen or anything. But...
  6. GPU not detected after system restore please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU not detected after system restore please help!: Ok so 2 days ago i started troubleshooting GPU issues i was having which seemed to be software and/or driver related. These issues are nothing new I've pretty much been experiencing them on and off since i got the card. However this time I kinda went overboard and fell down...
  7. System restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore not working: The problem is that I can make system restore points but they disappear from the wizard and system volume information>systemrestore folder almost immediately. I know this has been covered in many places over the years but none of those approaches works for me. I have...
  8. Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not let me do system image, recovery, restore!!! Help--Please!!: I have a Dell Optiplex 780 desktop it crashed and the only thing that came up on the screen was no operating system found press control alternate delete to restart. I tried using a system image off another computer that has Windows 10, I tried downloading from Microsoft the...
  9. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not working: I've tried system restore at couple of points. Every time it goes through it's thing and says "you system did change, file not found, most likely do to anti-virus software. I disable my Kaspersky and still the same thing. It gave an error # 0x8007005. If I need...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot system restore or reset?? Help please

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 won't boot system restore or reset?? Help please: So windows 10 crashed and now it won't boot. It gets past the manufacturer logo (acer) and then I get a black screen with a blinking curser. I used a usb with windows to boot it up but have tried to restore it, but it failed. Reset it , keeping my files, and that didn't work...