Windows 10: Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue

Discus and support Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I want to install an older version of VirtualBox, but every time I try and do that, it gives me the error below. I try and search the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ColePatterson2, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue

Hello, I want to install an older version of VirtualBox, but every time I try and do that, it gives me the error below. I try and search the internet to resolve this problem, but no one else appears to be having it.Now, I know what you're thinking: why do I want an older version of VirtualBox? I like it better. It's more compatible with the VMs I want to install. I know this is a VirtualBox topic, but the issue isn't with VirtualBox. It's a Windows compatibility issue. Is there any way to circumvent/ignore this and use the old version anyway? Is there some hack or trick to bypass this. I reall

:)

ColePatterson2, Nov 28, 2021

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue

Issues with installing the drivers and apps after performing reset on the device

Hi,

As you are facing issues with installing the drivers on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort in resolving the issues with touch screen.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you facing any issues with connecting to the internet?
    • Were you able to see any error message in the device manager?

I suggest you to try updating the network drivers and check if it is reflecting under installed programs in
    Control Panel.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa regarding
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of installing the driver on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue

1. Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue - Similar Threads - Please help app

2. Recovery issues & can't sign in - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery issues & can't sign in - please help!: Hello there, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 1st Gen, Type 3448 ThinkPad [Windows 10] which I haven't used for at least 6 months. Today, I booted it up and encountered an issue with signing in. I encountered a blue screen which was headlined 'Choose if you want to keep signing in...
  3. can't login on my device please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't login on my device please help: I've been trying to sign in and the error "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code:0x80090010. Click to set up your PIN again."keeps showing up.When I click on Set up my PIN, it takes me back to the home screen or shows the error the user profile service...
  4. can't login on my device please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't login on my device please help: I've been trying to sign in and the error "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code:0x80090010. Click to set up your PIN again."keeps showing up.When I click on Set up my PIN, it takes me back to the home screen or shows the error the user profile service...
  5. can't login on my device please help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Help please FILE NOT RUNNING HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please FILE NOT RUNNING HELP PLEASE: HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-file-not-running-help-please/5c73495d-ac8d-445b-8136-eeb0dbfb0958
  7. Help please FILE NOT RUNNING HELP PLEASE

Help please FILE NOT RUNNING HELP PLEASE: HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-file-not-running-help-please/5c73495d-ac8d-445b-8136-eeb0dbfb0958
  8. 'This app can't run on this device'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'This app can't run on this device'.: I have tried to install VirtualBox 5.2 on my windows 10 PC. Whenever I open the installer I get the error:'This app can't run because is causes security or performance issues on Windows.'How do I get around this?...
  9. 'This app can't run on this device'.

'This app can't run on this device'.: I have tried to install VirtualBox 5.2 on my windows 10 PC. Whenever I open the installer I get the error:'This app can't run because is causes security or performance issues on Windows.'How do I get around this?...
  10. Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue

Please help. "This app can't run on this device" issue: Hello, I want to install an older version of VirtualBox, but every time I try and do that, it gives me the error below. I try and search the internet to resolve this problem, but no one else appears to be having it.Now, I know what you're thinking: why do I want an older...