Please help, this is driving me mad !!

Discus and support Please help, this is driving me mad !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, I upgraded to windows 10 as soon as it released a couple of days ago. Since then I have been tearing my hair out trying to solve the few issues I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RoBBo, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RoBBo Win User

Okay, I upgraded to windows 10 as soon as it released a couple of days ago. Since then I have been tearing my hair out trying to solve the few issues I have. I am about to give up and go back to windows 8.1, but thought I would post here first to see if anyone can help.

Just to let you know I have a surface pro 3 (with keyboard).

1. The first and probably most annoying problem is having to sign in every time I wake from sleep, I can restart my computer or shutdown without having to enter my Microsoft password, but if the pc enters sleep in any way and is then woke up, I have to enter the password. I have tried disabling passwords on what I think is every setting I can with no luck.

2. The second is almost impossible for me to solve, the action center. It just simply doesn't show any app notifications. I have tried absolutely everything to sort this, I have even performed a fresh installation with no luck. If you see the screenshot below, I don't have any of the apps I have installed in the notification settings? How can this happen? I also don't seem to have my mail app and some other apps in the background app settings.

Please help, this is driving me mad !! [​IMG]

Please help, this is driving me mad !! [​IMG]

Other than these 2 annoyances, I quite like Windows 10. I just hope someone can help or I will be forced to return to Windows 8.1 *Sad

Thanks,
    Rob

:)

RoBBo, Jul 30, 2015
  2. nj15 Win User

Nokia 6280 still driving me mad! Help please

Take it again to the Nokia Service Center and explain what happened.They must repair it whether they like it or not.

3. aquababes Win User
    Nokia 6280 still driving me mad! Help please

Hi, I took everyones advice from here the last time I posted, and took my phone to a nokia centre for a software update. I got it back yesterday and all seemed hunkydory. Then I tried the handsfree kit, and it will not recognise it still. Also keeps coming
    up enhancement not supported, and I am not even touching the phone at the time!

I now, can't even receive anything via bluetooth, says operation failed everytime, and there is enough space on my phone memory and memory card. I am starting to lose patience with it, please can someone advise Please help, this is driving me mad !! :)

aquababes, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

In the question number 1 did you try "netplwiz" command to disable log on password ?

Akane, Jul 30, 2015
  5. RoBBo Win User
    Hi mate, Yes I have that unchecked.

RoBBo, Jul 30, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  7. RoBBo Win User
    Okay I have already tried the first method but just tried the registry edit. I changed everything although they were already set, apart from the default password which appears to be missing?

EDIT: Okay, I think going through the registry has solved the password problem, although now when I wake the PC I get a horrible black bar across the screen for a second then it disappears, but that's something I can live with.

Now just help with the second thing.

RoBBo, Jul 30, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Have you installed all the drivers? In particular the graphics driver.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  9. RoBBo Win User
    The whole system is 100% completely up to date. I have just created another admin account to see if my microsoft account was effecting the notification settings but it hasn't helped, the mail app still doesn't show up in notification settings. I am beginning to think this is a hardware/software problem which won't be fixed until there is an update (which would be ridiculous as the surface pro 3 is MS newest product).

RoBBo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Please help, this is driving me mad !! - Similar Threads - Please help driving

2. Please help to Disable Bitlocker on Drive D & E without Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help to Disable Bitlocker on Drive D & E without Password: Drive D & E got locked. I did not set lock myself., seems like it got locked during some update process. Please help to recover my drive D & E. Thanks....
  3. One Drive help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive help please: My computer had Windows 10 and it crashed. Had to reinstall Windows and office etc back. I have a one drive account with a lot of photos and videos etc. Do I just go to Microsoft and redownload One Drive and it will keep my files I have previously stored? I am trying to...
  4. BLU-RAY Drive will not work anymore in Windows 10, Please Help me plea

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLU-RAY Drive will not work anymore in Windows 10, Please Help me plea: I'm using Windows 10 64 bit Home My BLURAY IS LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter Windows doesn't even read or SEE my blu-ray Disc's*Mad As if these disc's aren't inside the tray?? What can I do to make this drive work?*cry It...
  5. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !

Scanning and repairing drive (C:) stuck Please help !: I apologize in advance for wall of text !! Trying to supply as much information as I can. I have a Windows 10 HP that's around 2 years old. The computer is in good shape physically but has not had antivirus for a while. Recently while on the internet I've gotten notices...
  6. please help Two hard drives in Explorer View

please help Two hard drives in Explorer View: Two hard drives show in Explorer View windows 10 i use sfc/ scan but Was not true show [img] 68747
  7. Hard drive is corrupted and unreadable what to do? Please Help!

Hard drive is corrupted and unreadable what to do? Please Help!: Hello everyone, I did a search of the forums and didn't get the answer I was looking for. I have two external hard drives. Not sure how this happened, but When I try to access both external hard drives on drive letters E: and F: it gives me an access is denied. the F:...
  8. AVG Tuneup trashed C drive. Looking for help please

in Windows 10 Support
    AVG Tuneup trashed C drive. Looking for help please: Windows 10 64bit will not load. I appear to be working from an X: drive. System repair cannot help. I can get to the C prompt but DIR says file not found. I can CD to D drive where there are quite a large amount of folders and files of which some were changed on the day AVG...
  9. System Hard Drive 77% fragmented and will not optimize? Help please.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Hard Drive 77% fragmented and will not optimize? Help please.: Hi HP Laptop 240 2000ca, win 10 update from win 7. The system hard drive stays at 77% fragmented and when analyzed it moves to 100%, then when I optimize it runs a very few seconds and stays at 77% fragmented and says it needs optimization. Photo attached I hope. Computer...
  10. System Drive Hidden - Unable to Unhide - Can't Boot PC - Help Please?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Drive Hidden - Unable to Unhide - Can't Boot PC - Help Please?: Hello, Using diskpart and list vol my hard drives display and under status they all state healthy. Volume 1 is my boot drive. Under info the boot drive is listed as hidden not system. I tried this: http://www.justreadout.com/2014/12/h...rive-from.html And was...