Windows 10: PLEASE HELP! Trying (and failing) to do a fresh install of Windows 10

Discus and support PLEASE HELP! Trying (and failing) to do a fresh install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to get an old PC back up and running. It died a while ago with Windows 7 unable to repair itself. I got a new SSD and a flash drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chem072117, Dec 27, 2020.

1. PLEASE HELP! Trying (and failing) to do a fresh install of Windows 10

I’ve been trying to get an old PC back up and running. It died a while ago with Windows 7 unable to repair itself. I got a new SSD and a flash drive made with the Windows 10 media creation tool. When I boot from the flash drive it shows the Windows 10 logo for a half a second then goes to a black screen. I was told it might be because I have an older motherboard without UEFI. What do I need to do to get Windows 10 installed? I appreciate your help.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: MSI 870-G45

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

GPU: GT 1030 2GB

Memory: 4 x 2GB DDR3-1333MHz

submitted by /u/chem072117
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chem072117, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 27, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 27, 2020
  4. PLEASE HELP! Trying (and failing) to do a fresh install of Windows 10

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

PLEASE HELP! Trying (and failing) to do a fresh install of Windows 10

1. PLEASE HELP! Trying (and failing) to do a fresh install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP Trying

2. Please help with fresh install of windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with fresh install of windows 11: So I resetted my laptop recently because it was getting problems. However after the reset I got a notification that there was a problem with the reset and that it couldn't log me in properly. I opened the C:\$SysReset\Logs\Setupact.log and it showed me a bunch of errors and I...
  3. Please help with fresh install of windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with fresh install of windows 11: So I resetted my laptop recently because it was getting problems. However after the reset I got a notification that there was a problem with the reset and that it couldn't log me in properly. I opened the C:\$SysReset\Logs\Setupact.log and it showed me a bunch of errors and I...
  4. Help with fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with fresh windows 10 install: As you can see in my fresh install of windows 10, My display is showing 2 graphics cards. I am not sure if my pc is using the GeForce card. Shouldn't it only be having the GeForce on here? I tried to disable to Intel HD Graphics card, but then my display looks like ****...
  5. I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows: I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 and I'm stuck here copying windows files it's been at 0 for roughly an hour, and I already formatted my ssd, if anyone could help that you be appreciated...
  6. Trying to Fresh Install Windows 10

Trying to Fresh Install Windows 10: Hello, I’m trying to fresh install Windows 10 on my computer and encountering the problem seen here.In words: when I boot from a DVD, the Windows logo flashes and then the screen goes blank with a flashing white line. no buttons do anything and i have to hard restart the...
  7. Windows 10 update fails, tried everything, please help

Windows 10 update fails, tried everything, please help: Hello, I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, running windows 10 home, version 10.0.14393, X-64 based. Its been having trouble for quite a while but since we have another laptop its been on hold to fix. ive only recently been trying to fix it. Windows update fails over and...
  8. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  9. Trying to install program, please help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install program, please help...: I get pop-up window with this: the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available Thank you submitted by /u/Luigispotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eebfwg/trying_to_install_program_please_help/
  10. Windows 10 fresh install fails

Windows 10 fresh install fails: Hi! I'm having a common issue and I've tried all of the fixes I've found online. I still have the issue I have two disks - the USB removable memory stick which contains the installer ISO image, and an M.2 Samsung 500GB drive. I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 and...