Windows 10: Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English.

Discus and support Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to code something with Chinese Characters inside Excel VBA, however, the characters were showing up as ??? instead. So I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeliaCcx, May 6, 2020.

1. DeliaCcx Win User

Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English.

Hello, I was trying to code something with Chinese Characters inside Excel VBA, however, the characters were showing up as ??? instead.

So I went to google and someone posted this solution: Change the System Locale to Chinese.

I tried it and it works but some of my other apps were changed to Chinese as well which is not what I want.

Apps like the Calculator, Calendar, Photos, Video Editors etc, now have their names and their contents are displayed in Chinese.

I tried changing the System Locale back to English US but the apps are still in Chinese. See Below for Screenshots

Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English. f4f63d33-02f8-4f5d-8316-f9bd7ac5949a?upload=true.png

Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English. 47f0bace-7233-4aaf-975a-6602bde2e36f?upload=true.png

Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English. 047260f4-4820-4a58-88b3-5728bb3219bb?upload=true.png

Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English. 9eb98153-7352-4d43-9dc1-f7864296a6b9?upload=true.png

Please help with this issue.

:)

DeliaCcx, May 6, 2020
  2. mandewho Win User

Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English

I used the previous version of the twitter app on windows 10 without problems. My preferred language was English and so was the interface. After updating to the new version of the app, the app now has an interface in Hebrew and displays from right to left. I've done all I could think of to change it back to English and left-to-right direction but nothing works.

• The language selected in the app Settings is English.
    • The Windows 10 display language is English
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both through Apps and Features and PowerShell. The newly installed app immediately logs into my twitter account. Since I completely removed the app from the pc, where does the app take that login info from? Are there settings files hidden somewhere that control the way the app behaves and even override the in-app language settings?
    • I even searched the registry for my login info but didn't find anything meaningful.
    • I also tried changing locale in windows itself. It too didn't work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

mandewho, May 6, 2020
  3. How Do I Change My System Locale?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would require some more information to assist you better.

• What was the base language of the previous operating system?
    Since you had kept the system locale as English before the upgrade you might now not be able to change the locale now in Windows 10. You have to install Japanese language pack and then you would be able to change the system locale.

I would suggest you to refer to the article provided by Andre De costa:

Automatic Language change when upgrading to windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 6, 2020
  4. Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English.

Language for non-Unicode programs > Change System Locale

Thanks for your time and troubles taken, Karthicka_R.

Went through the steps 1 to 5 and then 7.

After restarting, checked; still, Tamil is not found in the list of languages for 'Change System Locale'.

(In fact, I had done this before raising this query. On reading your reply, I removed Tamil and went through the steps as listed above in my reply. Since the language pack was already installed, I didn't have to do the step-5; the screen also indicated that
    the language pack is already there.)

Regards

Thiruvelan

VelanThiru, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English.

1. Please Help. Unable to change System Locale back to English. - Similar Threads - Please Help Unable

2. Please explain windows system log in English.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please explain windows system log in English.: Dear Ask a Question, This is Tommy Park Seongsoo, IT Lead at Incheon site of JnJ. Please explain what the message means in windows log. <Background> - One of our printer with Windows 10 PC had a malfunction and we figured out there had been a change in configuration -...
  3. Please explain windows system log in English.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please explain windows system log in English.: Dear Ask a Question, This is Tommy Park Seongsoo, IT Lead at Incheon site of JnJ. Please explain what the message means in windows log. <Background> - One of our printer with Windows 10 PC had a malfunction and we figured out there had been a change in configuration -...
  4. Please explain windows system log in English.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to change Windows language back to English

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Windows language back to English: [IMG]If you have accidentally changed your Windows PC language to another language that you are not familiar with and want t change it back to English, then this post offers instructions on how to get it done. The language of display you choose in Windows 11 or Windows 10...
  6. How change back to English?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change back to English?: Hello all: When the w10 boot-up or updating or changing, it often shows/reminds you the processing, such as: Welcome, waiting, shutting down, ........... All the "REMINDINGs" of my w10, are all in ENGLISH since the very beginning. BUT, during the pasted many...
  7. Unable to change all settings text to English

Unable to change all settings text to English: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They stupidly chose German as the language! In settings, I went to the equivalent of "Time & language" clicked Region & language, under Languages, clicked Add a language. I choose US English, etc. I...
  8. Couldn’t change back to English.. Help..

Couldn’t change back to English.. Help..: Hi. I have build 17763.107 & I’ve encountered a nasty bug in languages. When I changed the language from English to Hindi, it won’t let me change it back to English. I cannot figure out what language it reads because it’s in Hindi. Cannot change it back to English. I had to...
  9. Change FaceBook back to English from Spanish.

in Browsers and Email
    Change FaceBook back to English from Spanish.: Somehow my wife switched her FaceBook page to Spanish, and I want to get it back to English. I Googled it but the instructions tell me how to do it based on the English menu's, which aren't there now. Or what is posted doesn't jive with what I see on screen. Outdated or...
  10. Unable to unlink MS account back to local

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to unlink MS account back to local: Hi all, I've recently discovered that my MS account has linked itself to the local account I've been using. I have visited several threads and websites to describe how to change it back to a local account, however, I seem to be missing the option under Settings\Your email and...