Windows 10: Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.

Discus and support Please help undo disabling of Windows Security. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used the following commands I found online (at this link) to disable Windows Security but it is causing issues after the most recent Windows update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tylerm99, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.

I used the following commands I found online (at this link) to disable Windows Security but it is causing issues after the most recent Windows update. How do I reverse these commands and get Windows Security back to normal?

In the command prompt, type:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v SmartScreenEnabled /t REG_SZ /d "Off" /f

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /v "EnableWebContentEvaluation" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg add "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\PhishingFilter" /v "EnabledV9" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Spynet" /v SpyNetReporting /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Spynet" /v SubmitSamplesConsent /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Spynet" /v DontReportInfectionInformation /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sense" /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MRT" /v "DontReportInfectionInformation" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MRT" /v "DontOfferThroughWUAU" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "SecurityHealth" /f

reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run" /v "SecurityHealth" /f

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\SecHealthUI.exe" /v Debugger /t REG_SZ /d "%windir%\System32\taskkill.exe" /f

install_wim_tweak /o /c Windows-Defender /r

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\Windows.SystemToast.SecurityAndMaintenance" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService" /f

submitted by /u/tylerm99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tylerm99, Nov 19, 2019

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Please help undo disabling of Windows Security. Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Please help undo disabling of Windows Security. :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Nov 19, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Please help undo disabling of Windows Security.

1. Please help undo disabling of Windows Security. - Similar Threads - Please help undo

2. Windows Security Help asap please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Help asap please.: Hi everyone,I hope someone with more knowledge then myself can help me as I need it desperately. I just bought an HP All in One 2 years ago with Windows 10 on it and a few months ago, I upgraded it to Windows 11 I did so only because the computer notices made me feel like I...
  3. Windows Security Help asap please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Help asap please.: Hi everyone,I hope someone with more knowledge then myself can help me as I need it desperately. I just bought an HP All in One 2 years ago with Windows 10 on it and a few months ago, I upgraded it to Windows 11 I did so only because the computer notices made me feel like I...
  4. Cortana is disabled Please help

in Cortana
    Cortana is disabled Please help: I need help whenever i go on Cortana it just says "Cortana is disabled" is there anything i can download to reset Cortana or something Please help me I need to use Cortana...
  5. Cortana is disabled Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is disabled Please help: I need help whenever i go on Cortana it just says "Cortana is disabled" is there anything i can download to reset Cortana or something Please help me I need to use Cortana...
  6. Please help with window security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help with window security: My window security won't work like even in the powershell everything is disabled and it says threat service has stop and I clicked restart and it won't work....
  7. URGEN please help windows security help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    URGEN please help windows security help: So yesterday I got a notification saying windows defender turned off click notification to turn on again, which I’ve gotten before and confirmed it’s not a fake notification NOW TODAY it says real time virus protection is off leaving your device vulnerable and I can’t toggle...
  8. Please help me with windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help me with windows security: Here is the link to my question and your answer didnt work please reply fast as i have an important meeting soon: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-antivirus/936ab05a-88dd-4d90-83ea-b1e8381ac63e?tm=1603859732185 I need to...
  9. PLEASE HELP push button reset undo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PLEASE HELP push button reset undo: Apparently I initiated a push button reset accidentally and now all off the files from my desktop are gone! How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-push-button-reset-undo/379a5ad8-33e7-4096-8dc5-d1708d1366c9"
  10. Please Help To Undo PowerShell Operation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help To Undo PowerShell Operation.: Hello, So I have 51GB .eappx file that needed to be decrypt-ed. I launched powershell and put in the command line Add-appxpackage "File location here".eappx I had to run powershell as admin to properly execute the operation but I did not. It said Deployment...