Windows 10: Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :(((

Discus and support Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :((( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I need help!!! I downloaded a version of WinRaR from PB and it contained a virus. As soon as it launched, it completely erased Windows Defender.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrAWJM, Aug 25, 2020.

1. /u/MrAWJM Win User

Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :(((

Hi.

I need help!!! I downloaded a version of WinRaR from PB and it contained a virus.

As soon as it launched, it completely erased Windows Defender. I can't initiate Windows Defender at all. It basically doesn't exist.

On the "Security at a Glance" page, there is nothing. It is empty. If I click on the three lines options button to the left, there is nothing listed. There is no available antivirus provider.

Of course, I could use another computer to download another antivirus program (e.g. Avira, etc) and see if that'll deal with the virus. However, I want Windows Defender back, or at least the choice of having it back.

As far as I understand, there is no way to reinstall Windows Defender, right?

Has this happened to anyone else? What would you do now?

submitted by /u/MrAWJM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrAWJM, Aug 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade with virus attacks

This isn't a question - just a statement. Since my download and install of Windows 10 I'm continually (every couple hours) getting blasted with attacks of the Trojan.Dropper virus. Thankfully my Norton Security is detecting and blocking it. But I
    didn't see this listed as a feature of the software when I downloaded it. Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :((( :) I'd like Microsoft to know about this so if someone out there with more knowledge that me could forward it to them, I'd appreciate it. It really isn't a problem, just unsettling
    getting these attack messages all the time. Before this I'd get maybe 3 virus messages a year let alone a day.

GeorgeZiatts, Aug 25, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    .rar file to winRAR

Hi G41axyX

Do you have WinRAR installed on your PC?

If so: right click a RAR, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open rar . . .'

If WinRAR is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if WinRAR is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the WinRAR executable . . .

DaveM121, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Celeritas Win User

WinRAR virus scan setup

I noticed WinRAR has the feature to scan archives for virus, however it appears to need setup. This is the window it presents with, how do you configure it for AVs like Windows defender?

Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :((( Dv2qJ.png

Also, is this feature in anyway useful or do modern operating systems do this for you?

Celeritas, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Please help!!! Virus attack from winrar download :((( - Similar Threads - Please help Virus

2. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinRAR Download: Hello, I have a question with WinRAR. When I started to download WinRAR, a message pops up saying "Do you want this app to make changes for your device". I was somewhat afraid of downloading WinRAR because I thought if I click "Yes" it might mess up the whole computer. I have...
  3. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRAR Download: Hello, I have a question with WinRAR. When I started to download WinRAR, a message pops up saying "Do you want this app to make changes for your device". I was somewhat afraid of downloading WinRAR because I thought if I click "Yes" it might mess up the whole computer. I have...
  4. WinRAR Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virus ATTACK

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus ATTACK: ATTACK???? what should I do??? @McAfee_Help caught it and quarantined it BUT...…. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-attack/9f6a5402-2b4e-47d4-8b42-bc2066c90ed6
  6. My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me

My PC attacked by .REFOLS ransoware virus. Please help me: [ATTACH] When i found that my PC automatically install malware. I disconnected from internet. But half of my file get encrypted. How can I remove it QUESTION 1: is any chance to remove ransomware virus by format only C:/ drive or i need to clean install OS....
  7. virus attack

virus attack: my USB key containing vital information can't open again and it request me to format the key each time. the key is read only which makes ordinary formatting impossible, besides I don't wish to loss the information contained in this drive. what do I do?...
  8. please help. I think a virus was downloaded

please help. I think a virus was downloaded: i belive i found it under This PC C:\ local disk \ Persi0.sys 16,000 kb . i think its a virus......... I dont have the admin password . pleasse help. also defender is saying that im missing Your device is missing important security and quality fixes and no threats are...
  9. Virus attack from Sudoku site.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus attack from Sudoku site.: At least 3 different times when playing Microsoft Sudoku, I have been transferred to a ("Windows 10") website saying that I am infected and my computer will be frozen. Last night I copied the website address. It is...
  10. Virus Attack

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Virus Attack: Good Day We had an virus attack by this one ( Dharma ,very all files encrypted and ended with .java extension.) No decryption as off yesterday . " all your data has been locked usYou want to return?write email L: GuardBTC@cock.li " :-) I managed via data recovery do...