Windows 10: Please help, why is my laptop not fixing my ssd drive?

Discus and support Please help, why is my laptop not fixing my ssd drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nirvana_Flame175 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nirvana_Flame175, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Please help, why is my laptop not fixing my ssd drive?

/u/Nirvana_Flame175, Feb 25, 2021

2. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Upgrading laptop hard drive to ssd

I'm upgrading my old Asus Q200e laptop's hard drive to a PNY SSD Page Not Found | pny.com , following this tutorial. (As an aside, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 due to a slight slowdown in boot times.) Aside from using different products than the ones listed in the tutorial, I've followed every step to the letter.

However, when I swapped out the HDD with the SSD, the computer does not recognize the new SSD as the boot drive. Instead, upon turning on the machine, the system goes into a strange BIOS-esque utility called "Aptio Setup Utility" that doesn't list the SSD at all. It does, however, list the boot manager from the old HDD I have plugged into a hard drive USB enclosure. I've tried looking up the answer online to no avail.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Charlie Gao, Feb 25, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Please help, why is my laptop not fixing my ssd drive?

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Please help, why is my laptop not fixing my ssd drive?

1. Please help, why is my laptop not fixing my ssd drive? - Similar Threads - Please help why

2. Help me please with my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help me please with my laptop: Hi,I have had problems with my laptop keep bringing up the boot menu? I got fed up and tried to fix it?? And I have made it worse I disabled the fast boot?And the fast startup by accident?? Please help as my laptop only has the power light but no screen?? I hope I have not...
  3. My old SSD dissapeared, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old SSD dissapeared, please help!: I have a prebuild PC that came with a secondary SSD in a NVMe slot. A few days ago, a reinstalled windows keeping my archives, as I did many times before, but after that my SSD dissapeared from Windows. If I open BIOS it shows there, even can see the folders, but later on...
  4. My old SSD dissapeared, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old SSD dissapeared, please help!: I have a prebuild PC that came with a secondary SSD in a NVMe slot. A few days ago, a reinstalled windows keeping my archives, as I did many times before, but after that my SSD dissapeared from Windows. If I open BIOS it shows there, even can see the folders, but later on...
  5. Please help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with my laptop: I have a problem with my pc as I cannot click or enter anything on the search bar or even look at my notifications when clicking on the mentioned places it just clicks and shows nothing now i can't even go to settings and update the system because even the button on the...
  6. Please help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with my laptop: I have a problem with my pc as I cannot click or enter anything on the search bar or even look at my notifications when clicking on the mentioned places it just clicks and shows nothing now i can't even go to settings and update the system because even the button on the...
  7. Please help with my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Help please, My laptop is artifacting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help please, My laptop is artifacting: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NikkiYuri [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u17jog/help_please_my_laptop_is_artifacting/
  9. Help for the fixing my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help for the fixing my laptop: Whenever I am opening my pc it is turning into a black screen with a cursor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-for-the-fixing-my-laptop/2187fc45-b454-47ad-8b65-ab7e503c5205
  10. Please help! Is my SSD dying??!??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help! Is my SSD dying??!??: I am having some strange stuttering isssues right now. And I wonder, could a dying SSD cause stuttering issues? Here is what CrystalDiskInfo reports: https://imgur.com/a/qcU7DiX . submitted by /u/Stable_Orange_Genius [link] [comments]...