Windows 10: PLEASE HELP!! Windows 10 Clean Install Freezing at different points of instal/setup - At...

Discus and support PLEASE HELP!! Windows 10 Clean Install Freezing at different points of instal/setup - At... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just built my first PC with the help of an experienced friend and I need some help with Windows 10. If any of this sounds stupid, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarlGiesselman, Jul 13, 2019.

1. PLEASE HELP!! Windows 10 Clean Install Freezing at different points of instal/setup - At...

Hi guys,

I just built my first PC with the help of an experienced friend and I need some help with Windows 10. If any of this sounds stupid, I apologize, still learning!

I have tried to boot windows 10 using a usb drive. It starts normal then freezes at random points of the install. I then restart the PC and it starts again, this time it gets a little bit further in the process. I continue to do this until I have cleared the install and get into the setup windows. The same problem continues, each time I restart I get a tad bit closer to the finish line and then it freezes, cursor and all. I have removed the gpu and run the graphics via mobo hdmi port with no success. I have downloaded the BIOS update and will m-flash from usb this evening when I get home, although I'm nervous to do so as it may brick the mobo if it freezes. BIOS seems to run without interruption so maybe this is an option. I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same issues or knows of a solution?? I really want to get this bad boy operational! See configuration below:

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus - Motherboard
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti - GPU
    Intel i7-9700k - CPU
    G.Skillz TridentZ RGB 32 GB - RAM
    Gamdias M1 750w 80+ Bronze - PSU
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1 TB
    NZXT Kraken 62 Liquid Cooler
    NZXT 500i Mid-Tower
    Razer Deathadder Elite - Mouse
    Razor Blackwidow Ultimate - Keyboard

Thanks in advance!!

:)

CarlGiesselman, Jul 13, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 13, 2019
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 13, 2019
  4. PLEASE HELP!! Windows 10 Clean Install Freezing at different points of instal/setup - At...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

PLEASE HELP!! Windows 10 Clean Install Freezing at different points of instal/setup - At...

1. PLEASE HELP!! Windows 10 Clean Install Freezing at different points of instal/setup - At... - Similar Threads - PLEASE HELP Clean

2. Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Various Points of Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Various Points of Setup: I ran into some troubles on my PC not too long ago, so I decided to do a complete reinstallation of Windows to get it back in a working state. Using the Creation Tool, I installed Windows into a clean SSD (the same SSD that I reinstalled windows some time before) and...
  3. Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Different points

Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Different points: I posted a BSOD thread yesterday where essentially after installing some MS and drivers and a Windows update, my computer literally became unusable. Eventually, I decided to just revert back to the default state so that at least the computer will be useable for work that I...
  4. [Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts

[Clean Windows 10 Install] Brand new PC setup freezes during Windows 10 installation attempts: Parts list: Motherboard - Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI CPU - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 SSD - Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Problem Description: After putting together my PC consisting of all new...
  5. Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

Clean Installation of Windows 10 help: Hello, I am trying to perform a clean install of Windows 10. My PC originally came with Windows 8 and was upgraded when Windows 10 was offered for free. My device is linked with my Microsoft account so my product key is secure. I have read tutorials that I should delete...
  6. Clean install with different language

Clean install with different language: Hello Can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Single language but in a different language? I have a laptop in Spanish and it is Single language but I want to do a clean install in English. Will I loose my digital licence? Thank you....
  7. no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!: I really need help.. yesterday i gave in and decided to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.. due to many people telling me that all their files/apps remained intact. I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to windows 10 without backing up(also i don't have an external...
  8. Setup not executing with clean install

Setup not executing with clean install: The .iso created from 17134.1 via UUP dump has the issue; I downloaded the .esd for 17134.1 and setup.exe ran at boot as expected.
  9. Windows 10 - clean install different language

Windows 10 - clean install different language: Say my version of Windows 10 pro is German x64 Say I create a DVD (via media creation tool) and before creating the media I select English x64 Then do a clean install from that media. Q: Will then the English version be installed and activated? = 14174
  10. Windows 10 os setup install freezing, help

Windows 10 os setup install freezing, help: Windows 10 setup install freezing help? it usually freezes after picking language and shows driver partitions one primary one secondary and I tried formatting and creating a new one even trying deleting it and all that, the same thing happens , it just freezes at random...