Windows 10: Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power.

Discus and support Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello All, I am facing a unique problem. I have a Lenovo Laptop with i7 2.4GHz processor, 8GB DDR3 ram and 2 GB Nvidia graph card. Since two days,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MullFibs, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power.

Hello All,

I am facing a unique problem.

I have a Lenovo Laptop with i7 2.4GHz processor, 8GB DDR3 ram and 2 GB Nvidia graph card. Since two days, when I plug my laptop for charging the CPU speeds caps to 20%. When I use the laptop with battery power it works perfectly fine. I checked power options in laptop everything seems to be fine. Yet I have this annoying problem . Has anyone faced similar kind of issue ?

submitted by /u/MullFibs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MullFibs, Aug 6, 2020

2. My computer will lag out when I plug it in. (Don't know if it's the right section)

Sounds like some software is optimizing when plugged in. This would draw from your CPU causing a frame rate drop. Some programs are designed to only optimize when the laptop is plugged in.

What security software suit are you running? Can you give a list of non-windows processes when plugged in? Give it about 10 minutes plugged in before gathering the list. This will allow any program optimizations to start and bog the CPU.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his Laptop. This smells of a software issue.

TheMailMan78, Aug 6, 2020
  3. DianeGill Win User
    about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power.

1. Please help. Windows 10 CPU stops at 0.45GHz when plugged into power. - Similar Threads - Please help CPU

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in: I have a dell inspiron 13 and the default battery that came with the laptop was getting old so I bought a new battery to replace it. For a few weeks the new battery worked fine and had about 4 hours of longer life but now it just says 0% available when plugged in and doesn't...
  5. Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in: I have a dell inspiron 13 and the default battery that came with the laptop was getting old so I bought a new battery to replace it. For a few weeks the new battery worked fine and had about 4 hours of longer life but now it just says 0% available when plugged in and doesn't...
  6. Battery Issues 0% Available when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. CPU overheats when plugged in

CPU overheats when plugged in: And the difference is pretty stark. CPU goes 70C at most, but bypasses 95C when plugged in. Tested with Skyrim. Windows 10 doesn't seem to have the option to limit CPU speed. Can someone help me with this?...
  8. Stuck at 0 percent. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 0 percent. Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/himanshu20898 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj712x/stuck_at_0_percent_please_help/
  9. “0% (Plugged In)” help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “0% (Plugged In)” help?: My laptop will not go above 0%, even overnight. It doesn’t even say if it’s charging or to, it just says it’s plugged in. Any help? submitted by /u/lollollmaolol12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9lwy5/0_plugged_in_help/
  10. Windows 10 is slow when not plugged into power.

Windows 10 is slow when not plugged into power.: Usually, Windows 10 will increase the "Speed" of the when there is a heavily demanding task for windows to run, but this is not the case when my laptop is not plugged in, and when set to the "better performance" power setting. In order to get this speed increase, I have to...